Telstra Pay & Benefits reviews

Flexible workplace
Senior Bid Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC25 October 2017
Fast paced, dynamic role that offered great flexibility but only limited learning and promotion opportunities.
Often hampered by too many procedures and gates.
Pros
Felxibility, Salary
Good work culture, and good benefits for staff
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chatswood NSW23 October 2017
Good work culture, and good benefits for staff. A lot to learn. On the job training provided. Can be stressful at times, however I do enjoy helping customers solve problems to find the best solutions.
Pros
good managment
Cons
can be stressful at times
Standard Office Job
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 September 2017
Its a good place to work with great benefits and flexible hours. Great career advancement opportunities as you can move between roles within the company easiily.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Declining revenue
Temporary Job
Telecommunications Advisor (Former Employee) –  Perth, Western Australia25 August 2017
Interesting tackling something different - working in the International Call Centre as part of a team covering 24 hour service in 8 hour shifts. Good fun.
Pros
Flexible hours, good rate of pay
Cons
Sometimes boring periods
Good Place to work
Complex Complaints Resolution Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 July 2017
It was good experience and load to learn. Some really good managers. good pay structure, reasonable working environment.
Really good people to work with.
Could be great
Senior Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne11 July 2017
Iconic company with excellent opportunities for those who are resilient or who desire to frequently move roles or managers. Great salary and employee benefits.
Pros
Great employee benefits
Cons
Constant restructures, administrative processes, politics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 July 2017
At the time Telstra was a great place to work, with great management and staff.
Strangely enough the systems we had to use seemed antiquated but they did the job.
The only real negative was when customers would call in regards to faults and/or new connections that had been backlogged due to staffing issues with the technicians and linemen.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
old computer systems
fun excercise
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Torquay VIC26 April 2017
there was a lot of walking in suburbs. learned that not everyone is interested. the hardest part was probably when we had to walk up massive hills. most enjoyable that it was fun all the time, had our own lunch breaks met different people and different suburbs.
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
that it ended too soon
Telstra is like an industry all within the one company - you can gain experience at all levels.
Technical Support Officer - Customer Service . (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 March 2017
Too many good things list!

- Telstra was my first job in Australia through an Recruitment Agency, I loved & enjoyed helping people and problem solving.

-. Everyday some thing new to learn and management is always looking to improve and ensuring all staff members are trained on the latest and greatest.

- Friendly atmosphere,Helpful,Supportive management and Great place to work.

- Working for Telstra, or on some of the big consumer campaigns in particular, opens up lots of doors for future career opportunities in and out of the Telecom Industry.- Thank you

The challenges -

Small working space, sometimes hard to raise my voice for hearing impaired customers in fear of disrupting others.
Family Culture & great staff benefits
Senior Consultant Complex/Acting Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 March 2017
I worked for Telstra for over 15 years in a Call Centre environment. Focus was customer service. Flexible work arrangements meant I could work from home 2-3 days a week and also take one day off a fortnight as a Flex. Competitive pay rate and great staff benefits. I was able to complete additional training/courses provided by the company and you are always encouraged to broaden your skillset by spending time with other departments and learning about their roles and tasks. I enjoyed my time with this company and most of all I loved the people I worked with. Everyone supported each other and worked together.
Pros
The people, the culture
They look after their people.
Technical Solution Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 February 2017
Too many to list! But life is in the eye of the beholder. I see stars when its dark and look for rainbows when it rains. I love the personal support they have given me in...
Small working space, sometimes hard to raise my voice for hearing impared customers in fear of disrupting others. As with others who naturally speak loud effecting my con
Fantastic People, Horrible Management
NBN Access FOH (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD19 February 2017
Change. Change seems to be a defining factor within Telstra. if you do not adapt well to change, then you will not go very far within the company and you will go home, scratch your eyes out and cry.

One day you could be doing your dream job, with a great team and promised contracts after the secondment is finished only to have your whole departments upper management made redundant, you and your team mates spread out into completely different roles, a pay cut and no contract.

Telstra has a fantastic working culture, full of great people from many walks of life that come together in unity, however this is dampened by horrible upper management who have no loyalty to those in lower position who tend to toy with our morale and work lifestyle on a daily basis.

The moral of this review; unless you have degree, past experience in a related high paying field or you're already a Telstra Manager. DONT WORK FOR TELSTRA
Pros
Great team culture, lots of benefits, rewards, discounts
Cons
Management do not care about the customers or employees
Very busy and demanding working place
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clayton VIC8 February 2017
Monitoring the alarms, finding faults, sending tickets of work, responding to the questions from technicians, updating the tickets of the work progress, updating customers etc
Pros
Good salary
Cons
A lot of pressure at work
fun and good learning place for work
I.T Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 January 2017
I love working there and was great learning experience. i learnt alot while working there.
the enviroment was very good from management to workmate
I wish i had more hours and the pay was good and helped me save alot while i was working there.
Pros
great work place
Cons
needed more hours
Producttive and Fun workplace
Broadband Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 January 2017
Flexible working hours.
Technologies related to ADSL2+, ADSL, and Broadband technologies being used by the Telco.
Co-workers were helpful, fun place to work - pot luck lunches, traditional wear day were good.
Pros
Pot luch lunches, Close to transport, Flexible working hours
Cons
Long hours sometimes, outsourcing
fun work place with flexible working culture
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA21 December 2016
working for Telstra was enjoyable experience with good working conditions and amazing co-workers who made my job easier to do, hardest thing about the job was pleasing every customer and sorting out there issues
Pros
have made long life friends
Cons
salary package and customers
Complex problem solving and training of overseas staff use of computer programmes
Business consultant and project manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD20 November 2016
Working in a complex team with high problems and retention of clients. Helping team members with new skills. Long hours high work load. Work most weekends.
Pros
In the city
Cons
Pay could in prove
A company undergoing significant change at the moment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 November 2016
Telstra is currently undergoing a large amount of flux in leadership and direction. As a result, the role that I joined to undertake was not the day to day reality. Unfortunately, I don't think Telstra will be a stable place to work for the next 12 - 24 months.
Pros
Great work life balance, great flexibility and good package and benefits.
Cons
Lack of autonomy, a lack of clear vision from leadership and lack of job security
Loved the work and the people
Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 November 2016
Good benefits and training.
Uniform (shirts, trousers etc) and tools provided.
All safety gear supplied.
Safety training provided.
Very nice team leaders.
Salary on time.
Supportive staff .
A lot to learn everyday
and last but not the least Fun place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Telstra. Our community is ready to answer.