The Coffee Club Employee Reviews

Nice friendly environment
Dish and Waiter (Former Employee) –  Strathpine QLD20 November 2017
I love the coffee club because it's a safe and friendly environment for everyone to come and relax. It's also a great environment for everyone to catch up and have a coffee.
good work place
short order cook (Former Employee) –  Bundaberg QLD9 November 2017
was a great place to work. good environment and friendly staff. they have great food. and are well structured with what they have to do. very well time managed
I enjoy working here
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Tarneit VIC16 October 2017
I love working here, the staff are lovely, the duties are simple, you get a few rude customers here and there but thats all part of the job and you get trained how to deal with that
Pros
half price discount
Cons
rude customers, long hours
Terrible workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hamilton QLD15 October 2017
Although I did enjoy some parts of this job such as lovely customers and welcoming co-workers, management was at times atrocious, manipulative and didn't care about employees. Caused a lot of trauma for me working for these people and would not suggest it to anyone.
Productive workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Queensland11 October 2017
A typical day at work will consist of satisfying customers and putting through orders while pleasing management at the same time. Management do not attempt to solve conflict and are solely focused on pleasing themselves and putting others down to make themselves look good.
Pros
Free hot drinks and half price on food
Cons
Incredibly poor management
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton City QLD9 October 2017
Days are fun and go by pretty quick due to the workloads.
Management was good
Hardest part was dealing with difficult customers
Enjoyed the people and the working environment
Pros
Half priced lunch, good people, free drinks
Productive work experience
Waitress / Barista (Former Employee) –  Queensland17 September 2017
The coffee club was lots of fun, fast paced and happy overall environment. It was great learning new skills and meeting new people, and the other staff were great
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
Na
Good way to gain experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Brisbane13 September 2017
Being an employee of the Coffee Club is a good way to gain experience within the hospitality industry. 50% off the menu is pretty good as well so yeah
Pros
coffee
Cons
head office
fast work place
food and baverage attendant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA7 September 2017
I stayed there for 9 months wasn't always guarantied on the roster but had a blast working at the coffee club it was a fast paced working environment learned to communicate well with customers, got good at cleaning things
Its a fun and busy workplace
cook (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 August 2017
Working in a diversed workplace is really fun because my mind is being opened about different cultures. Ive learned different foods and also on how to make coffees
Pros
Lots on benefits
Cons
Short hours

Want to know more about The Coffee Club?

Ask a question
The Coffee Club
Cafe all rounder (Former Employee) –  Victoria Point QLD26 August 2017
Overall, i genuinley loved working here. The management at the centre i was working at caused me to leave as it ended up being an uncomfortable environment.
It's okay.
Barista (Current Employee) –  Bunbury WA3 August 2017
It's okay, employing only on casual basis isn't very good as it gives no one job security or any benefits i.e. sick pay. Management are average, friendly enough but give no warning when rosters have few shifts available and other thing like that.
a fun workplace and a great expericence
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Redcliffe QLD31 July 2017
great place as a first job I learnt so much and I was very happy in that job and never would of left if it wasn't for the change of management. it was a great first experience
Pros
great hours
Cons
long days
Is a good place to meeting friends
Manager/Barista (Current Employee) –  Macquarie Centre NSW29 July 2017
I have been working in this coffee shop for 2 years, I have learned to making good coffee, I was got a high evaluate at coffee club customer service. Start at this year I am training new staff to making foods and drinks, also Customer Service training and Store Opening & Closing as well.
awesome
Cook/Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD24 July 2017
awesome people fantastic customer base and also of new experinces working with them, I would totally love to work there again but leave all the negativity out the door.
Pros
people
Cons
supervisor
Enjoyable first job
Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Perth WA12 July 2017
A typical day in the kitchen at the coffee club is busy but tolerable. I have learnt how to work quickly but accurately. Management is ok, the only thing they need to work on is communication between themselves and keeping one set of rules for all employees.
Pros
50% off Meals
Cons
Gossip
Hard work, nitty-gritty but worth it
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD3 July 2017
Being a waitress especially in such a well-known restaurant such as the coffee club can be hard, typically in the early morning and Thursday-Sunday period (day and night).

It can be a lot of pressure, making sure you're there at every bell call and taking the correct orders from customers, remembering the cutlery and the extras however it is rewarding in the sense that you get to meet and form relationships with lots of the regulars who in my case were more in the older bracket (I love the oldies and their stories). Other customers however can make your job very discouraging especially when youre being yelled at because their food is taking forever despite them being the 34th person to walk through doors on a saturday brunch. None of which you can help yet the blame will ALWAYS fall through to you (from the customers). Other than having to clean up after people and juggle for plates on 2 arms, its a great job.
Pros
The customers and half price meals
Cons
The negativity copped from customers who are sick of waiting
Depends where you work
GREAT SERVICE ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD2 July 2017
Working a normal day is ok, but because it's generally a small staff count, everything gets a little messy and personal, and this can affect your hours if you aren't contracted. to my knowledge management comes down fairly hard to achieve more with less staff to maximise profits, creating unnecessary stress .
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
stressful
Friendly staff, pleasant atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD27 June 2017
Working within the Coffee Club was fast paced. I learnt to take orders on a computer that connects with the kitchen, and worked with a great bunch of people. Whilst employed with the Coffee Club, I was presented with a Customer Service Award that only few in the Coffee Club franchise had been awarded.
Pros
working by the beach, great customers, great staff, amazing atmosphere
Cons
management issues
its a very desire place to work at heaps of nice people
barista maker and cashier (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD20 June 2017
my day usually is a very rushed day
I learn a lot of people can be a fussing with coffee
crewmembers are really nice and caring
its not mixed as much
I love working at coffee club something I'm interested in
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Clothes