The Coffee Club Employee Reviews

good
Chef/Barista/Waiter/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cook SA21 February 2018
high volume of coffee to be serve every hour
very good coffee and consistency all coffee had made
friendly environment to work and diversity.
.........
Very unorganised worklife
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD19 February 2018
Expected to always over shifts.
Limited hours, if you work a long week, the next week your hours will be cut so instead of making some extra money for your hard working week, you'll need that to cover you for your lost hours.
Always dramas will young staff, not wanting to work but instead socialize.
Expected to work every holiday, weekend, and often turn up to work with them not even needing you to fulfill the shift.
A tiny small kitchen, expected to get meals out in little time.
Alot of customers complaining and abusing you, when you really are trying your best.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Always having to be social and bright when you dont in anyway feel it every single day.
learning
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Bribie Island QLD14 February 2018
this was my first job and working here i learnt so much. i acquired many skills, like service and becoming the best barista i can be. this job also allowed me to get out of my comfit zone, i was very shy and quiet before having to talk to strangers about their days and also developing a relationship with these strangers. hardest part was leaving this place because i had worked there for 5 years a felt i had an obligation to the management and the company.
Pros
advancements
Cons
management
the coffee club
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Point Cook VIC14 February 2018
carrying stuffs
learn how to manage things
people are friendly and always support the newbies
it was a professional workplace, no cash in hand, people always follow the rules as much as possible
Busy hours
Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 February 2018
Waitressing was not the job for me. So I chose a different career. I do not know much about this company as I was not working for the coffee club for very long. This was just a trial amd some work but I did not enjoy it
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
productive and fast-paced food setting
Staff member and Barista (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW12 February 2018
fast-paced food setting with quick service
productivity is observed at all levels of employee's position
customer satisfaction is the priority
hardest part of the job is ensuring that all service and food are delivered within the standards
the good thing is that everyday you get to learn something new and meet new people
Pros
half-price meals and drinks
Cons
long hours, stressful environment
Don’t work here
Casual worker (Former Employee) –  Rouse Hill NSW10 February 2018
I worked here for three months, the boss is not-friendly, the managers are super unfriendly and the overall experience was dreadful. I went in to check my roster, and the boss said to me “we haven’t rostered you on, it’s not working out.” I asked why and he said “because you’re not strong enough and you’re too skinny.” If you’re looking for a job that has a nice friendly environment, do not work here.
Pros
One out of 5 managers is nice.
Cons
Rude managers and rude boss
Not a good place to work
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Point Cook VIC5 February 2018
A typical day would consist of consistent work place bullying.
Didn't learn much, management is appalling, need to clean up their act. Job is easy. fast paced.
Pros
Cons
No pay slips given, underpaid, abusive management, work place bullying
really nice staff
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Mermaid Waters QLD5 February 2018
the staff are always kind and there to help, although im not not getting enough hours and im not sure about the work place itself. Everything is done differently to what im used to and i cant seem to fit into the workplace as I normally do with other jobs.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
no hours
Great Working Environment
Barista/Floor Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grafton NSW1 February 2018
The Coffee Club provided excellent training with multiple pathways and advancements. The workplace culture is terrific and overall a friendly space. Due to the nature of the workplace, the customers are a pleasure to serve. The numerous events and promotions provided variety and joy. However, a few communication errors between different house areas proved to be an issue. Overall, The Coffee Club provided great assistance and experience.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Communication Errors
Wasn't fun to work at
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD1 February 2018
Working at the Coffee Club was okay at first then it went downhill from there where they only either put me on the door greeting people for the whole shift or washing dishes.
Amazing Staff
Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Ballina NSW28 January 2018
The coffee club Ballina was a secure and amazing workplace, all the staff members helped me learn new and further my existing skills. The Workplace was always happy and had great customers thanks to the outstanding coffee club environment and staff.
productive workplace
Hospitality Worker (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 January 2018
I personally love working at the coffee club, ive learnt how to do thing quickly and how to communicate really well talking and serving customers food and drinks, iv made plenty of new friends and personally work well with everyone there.
Pros
make plenty of friends
Cons
not enough hours
cook
Supervisor Chef (Former Employee) –  coffee club29 December 2017
Felt this particular store was un organised bullying not professional gain . no working well with others food standard poor wouldn't help staff improve worked you hard with no rewards
Fun and lively place to work
Casual Junior (Current Employee) –  Port Macquarie NSW28 December 2017
The team environment is fun and friendly, however are quick to blame and criticise others. The coffee club brand itself is great, with great recipes and beautiful presentation and I would highly recommend working for them wherever in the world you are
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Unorganised management/lazy coworkers
Productive, busy place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Perth WA27 December 2017
Working at the coffee club requires you to be fast paced and on the ball, always putting customers before anything else. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a friendly team however I am looking to move away from hospitality and into something else for my future work beginning in 2018.
Management is extremely poor
Barista (Current Employee) –  Tarneit VIC27 December 2017
Very little to no job security. Employees are all hired as casuals meaning that you are easily released whenever they are able to hire younger workers in which they do not have to pay at a higher rate
okay
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Craigieburn VIC11 December 2017
okay good team and everyone knows what they have to do
nothing really changes though, so it can get a bit boring for someone who would like a more exciting job.
work experince
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kippa-Ring QLD5 December 2017
I completed a total of 4 weeks at the coffee club.This was for my training for my Certificate in Hospitality. I completed 3 days a week for the four weeks to complete my 100 hours.
The coffee club experience
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD28 November 2017
Fast paced environment, opportunities to learn new things. Meeting new people and engaging in what other people have learnt and overcame whilst employment.
Pros
Half price food
Cons
not enough hours