The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Fun and rewarding job
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Perth14 February 2018
Working for the COG (Cotton on group) was the most fun at a job I have ever had. The teams in the brands are amazing and supportive, the rewards (discounts and other product rewards) are amazing, will definitely miss the discount.
Pros
DIscount
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Productive and Rewarding
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moorabbin VIC12 February 2018
I found some of my best friends working at Cotton On. The discounts are so important. Especially when all you do at work is fold and pick up things that you want to buy for yourself. The temptation is real and thank goodness for the discounts that help my lack of self-control not kill my bank account. Retail managers can be flexible about your hours and you definitely don't work the same time everyday or even every week. Every once in awhile you will get a customer that is just really great. They are friendly and open to you helping them. It's a good feeling to help someone find something that they have been looking for forever, especially when the customer is appreciative of your work. They make dealing with all the bad customers worth it.
Great work environment and team
labourer (Current Employee) –  Wacol QLD6 February 2018
great environment and great team, also with exceptional work environment and friendly staff, although not much work great environment for room for improvement
Great culture
Trend Director (Creative Director) (Current Employee) –  Geelong VIC5 February 2018
Cotton On is a fantastic place to work as the business values its people above anything else.
This is a truly global business which can advance any career purely through the scale of the business.
Like they say....start here, go anywhere!!
Pros
Free gym, great people, great food and loads of parking.
Cons
Its a long drive.......but worth it!!
Good pay and Poor managment
Retails Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoppers Crossing VIC31 January 2018
I was given few hours and had to really fight for the rest of them on a facebook page nonetheless. The pay was decent and they had good communication with staff but as I said, they will not give you the shifts you expect and it is definitely not enough to pay your way without another job. Very inflexible with the shifts they give you and it was just never enough. Had to jump through a lot of hoops to eventually get a job here and wasnt worth it if you're looking for something and not just a shirt term job to gain experience. You have to wear their clothes as part of the branding but the 50% discount literally kept me going.
Pros
discount
Cons
bad shifts, bad management
Great company to be a part off
ASM & Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jindalee QLD30 January 2018
Been with Cotton on for over 2 years now.
Love the atmosphere and culture of the company and how the company manages store policies and also the care for staff.
Ive learnt so much in 2 years.
Serving and helping customers on a daily basics can be rewarding.
love discount on fashion/
Pros
great staff discount
Cons
no part time opportunities
Productive and intense workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mill Park VIC18 January 2018
I worked at the Mill Park Typo store in University Hill as a Christmas Casual from Nov 2016 to Feb 2017.
The staff and managers were lovely and friendly, hardworking.
The only problem was that I did not know if I was going to be kept on as a casual employee, and I was not notified about it.
fun environment
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rouse Hill NSW7 January 2018
A day at work consisted of greeting customers, cleaning the store, have fun with kids and sales. I learnt how to help customers with what they needed and how to do mark downs. The hardest part of the job was having to rack up the store while still greeting and helping customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to have fun with the little kids.
Pros
Fun with little kids, salary
Cons
Continuous folding
Fun work enviornment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Caroline Springs VIC3 January 2018
Great work place to work at to begin retail experience. Was a christmas casual, great work place to expand on your personal skills. Get minimum shifts and no much hours. But overall good work environment.
Pros
Retail Skills
Cons
No much shifts
terrible hours, but good pay
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Macarthur Square NSW2 January 2018
they only want you when they need you, and but pay a good hourly rate.
even when you work hard and let them know you're keen for full-time they don't want you.
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible people, KPI based, terrible hours
Fun work place
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coffs Harbour Plaza NSW2 January 2018
Lack of shifts would be the only down fall of the company.
Other than that, the workplace is fun and inviting, again, I’d only prefer to have more than one shift a week.
productive
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Wacol QLD29 December 2017
very dynamic work place, I loved the work colleagues i had as well as the work place itself. The Distribution Centre was a great place to work was not hard and had great benefits.
meh
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waurn Ponds VIC27 December 2017
pretty boring job tbh. not for those who always wants something to do. Maybe location defers to how busy the store can be but most of the time, if there is no customers, theres not really much to do. Good for a first job and has a great staff discount.
Exciting and adventurous!
Christmas Casual Team Member (Former Employee) –  Broadmeadows VIC26 December 2017
When I worked at Cotton On, the days and duties were actually fun and exciting. It was a job that made going to work something to enjoy and look forward to. I learnt how to converse with customers, how to deal with their questions and problems and also learnt how to do physical stock takes of stock.
definetely a career progression place
Pick Packer (Current Employee) –  Lara VIC13 December 2017
i could progress my career through cotton on as the staff was friendly and learnt many things such as RF scanning boxing items packing items into sachets picking items from the warehouse etc.. I enjoyed a lot working in the warehouse.
fantastic place, loved working here.
2IC/ senior casual (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth South SA12 December 2017
Priorities in life shifted, work needed to go on the back burner as I wanted to start a family. I fell pregnant and so left work to become a self caring mum.
Great company to work for
Senior Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 December 2017
Great enviroment to work in, Great work life balance. Growing within the company isnt so difficult but they need to focus on the sales more then the operational side.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Upper managment
Great benefits
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 December 2017
Fun work place and good vibe , good discounts within the cotton on group company. Management can be poor and hours are unpredictable at times. Hours can be cut down drastically during non-peak tomea
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Unreliable hours
Fun and productive work place.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC23 November 2017
Cotton On is great for first timers to the experienced. It's friendly fast pace team will make sure you feel right at home whilst working there. You never find yourself getting board as there is a massive turn over in stock with new stock arriving constantly
Pros
Great Managment and staff
Cons
Massive turn over in stock
Bad management and nepotism
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Wacol QLD2 November 2017
Was top worker in my department but had my hours cut to next to zero to make room for a manager's niece.

When I spoke to the union about my concerns I was forced out of my job.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Poorly managed, bullying culture, no long term prospects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.