The Cotton On Group Pay & Benefits reviews

terrible hours, but good pay
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Macarthur Square NSW2 January 2018
they only want you when they need you, and but pay a good hourly rate.
even when you work hard and let them know you're keen for full-time they don't want you.
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible people, KPI based, terrible hours
productive
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Wacol QLD29 December 2017
very dynamic work place, I loved the work colleagues i had as well as the work place itself. The Distribution Centre was a great place to work was not hard and had great benefits.
meh
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waurn Ponds VIC27 December 2017
pretty boring job tbh. not for those who always wants something to do. Maybe location defers to how busy the store can be but most of the time, if there is no customers, theres not really much to do. Good for a first job and has a great staff discount.
Great benefits
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 December 2017
Fun work place and good vibe , good discounts within the cotton on group company. Management can be poor and hours are unpredictable at times. Hours can be cut down drastically during non-peak tomea
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Unreliable hours
Great benefits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Werribee VIC3 August 2017
Great social feel. great benefits, with a 50% discount on brand. great fundraising aspects. Overall great company to work for. Great for people at university
people
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC21 July 2017
he people are extremely committed to and passionate about the company's success. There is a clear focus on people and culture - evidenced by superior comp and benefits and by company initiatives centered on accountability and engagement.
Fun workplace but no hours
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria Gardens VIC1 May 2017
Work can be fun when you get to work with others but depending what store you are at you might not get to.

Pay is really good however not a lot of hours are given except for christmas time.
Pros
Pay, breaks
Cons
not enough hours
Good work culture
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Loganholme QLD26 April 2017
Cotton On Loganholme had a good environment and was very enjoyable to work at. I got a decent amount of hours and learnt a lot. Other staff were very friendly and helpful.
productive workplace where an A game is always needed
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 February 2017
a day at work is a day you must be on your A game, customer service skills are essential as well as focusing on the input and output of stock. I've learnt a lot about working for the company in relation to meeting different and diverse people, from knowing the benefits of a LP manger to a Visual merchandiser. The culture within the workplace is homely and welcoming, I'm friends with each and every single person I work with and we are all on the same level. The hardest part about my job? hmm, that's a difficult question to answer as I love working in retail so I find nothing to be challenging. The most enjoyable part is serving customers, seeing how happy it makes them when a sales assistant takes the time out to help an individual.
Pros
customers
Cons
lifting boxes
family friendly
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Lara VIC22 February 2017
i love how flexible Cotton On Group is to families. very understanding of all family situations and try to work with everyone's situation
Pros
free lunches
Great workplace positive vibes.
CASUAL SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Mackay QLD18 February 2017
Great positive atmosphere within all stores that form the Cotton On Group. Management is amazing and do their best to ensure that balance is maintained between your social and work life. They offer amazing benefits for being an employee and all they ask in return is for your 100% effort in the workplace.
Fun and caring environment, excellent discounts.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS6 February 2017
Very fast paced environment, constant interacting with customers and providing assistance to find items and advice on fits, wearability of the items, and style.
Pros
Extremely fun environment to work in, excellent benifits and good pay.
Cons
Communication with Mangement difficult.
Quite a Chill Place to Work
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 January 2017
Basic pay, not very exploitative job environment so that was a pro but low hours unless you are a manager. I have enjoyed workign here
Fun workplace, great benefits and opportunities
Casual Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marion SA9 November 2016
Being a casual team member in a flagship store the typical day at work always varies depending on what department you're in. it's fast paced and always changing and the managers are always asking questions, creating surveys etc on how to further develop our workplace and make it a better place. Such a fun atmosphere with great benefits and a very generous discount and uniform deals.
No Shifts but Nice Benefits
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW4 November 2016
I worked as a Christmas Casual and while I enjoyed the environment, I found that management was quite rude. Moreover, I was told I would get shifts minimum 8 hours a week and only worked 20 hours total. But the benefit of 50% off was convenient for Christmas
fun, fast paced, had a workout/relaxing room.
Pick/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane West QLD1 August 2016
Full on from the get go, always something new to learn, co-workers were awesome always down for a laugh, never a dull moment.
Pros
occasional free lunches for hard work
Cons
not enough hours
Brilliant place to work
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA24 June 2016
Brilliant team - really friendly people. From the regional manager to fellow Christmas casuals, everyone was happy to work in the team. Great benefits including 50% discounts. Challenging daily budget tasks and charity sales goals. An easygoing yet challenging workplace. Overall brilliant place to work.
Pros
50% discount at Cotton on Group stores
Cons
Late night Thursdays
If you're a genuinely happy-all-the-time-person, this job's for you.
Senior casual sales assistant & shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 February 2016
Cotton On Group is great! they really are...but if you have any issue of any sort, I have found that alot of the managers I have worked with will say they want the best for me, but limit my hours. My health condition was very minor and didn't affect my performance at all, but my manager at the time reduced my hours dramatically and left me in the cold. Very poor form.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Lack of consideration, Late hours unpaid
Family oriented
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA13 December 2015
Cotton On was there for me 100% during a very sad time in my life, which they tried to support me to every ounce of limits they had. I was very sad to leave working there was amazing.
Pros
Travel and upskilling
Cons
very long hours at times
Great place, Friendly People
Casual Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loganholme, QLD24 July 2015
Absolutely LOVED working here, everyone is so nice and friendly and it was easy to build friendships. Although my time here was short, when I go back to the store the employees still say hi!
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Had to leave :(

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.