The Good Guys Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Wonderful place to work with a great team of people
sales professional, part time (Former Employee) –  Bunbury WA2 August 2017
Other then the constant change of management at the time I was working there, It was a great company to work for and am keen to go back if the chance arises.
Like a lot of places we all felt understaffed until it was quiet and were twiddling our thumbs looking for stock to check.
The admin supervisor who has been there for ever is one of the best people I have worked with.
Pros
sales support and an open friendly enviroment
Cons
late night thursdays lol
Fast paced can be a fun environment but when the managers were in a bad mood the workers wore it.
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Mile End SA12 July 2017
Fast paced, payed above award rates. Long hours often asked to work back without overtime. Most of the people were easy and great to work with. Just like any other company. Depends on the individual.
Pros
Flexible roster
Cons
Okay if you are a yes-man
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Traralgon VIC26 June 2017
It pays award wages plus commission, but makes commission targets unreachable which adds more than an unnecessary amount of stress to every day work..
discounts are good
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Warrawong NSW15 June 2017
Commission based, a lot of pressure for extended warranties, Christmas time was great money, not a lot of management presence on the floor for discipline or to keep workers on track
Pros
good discounts
Cons
unfair commission
great salary
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geelong West VIC12 June 2017
sales hungry enviroment, with great potential earnings. Note each GG site will differ as each are individually owned so the culture will differ. This is a place where if you work hard it will pay off
Pros
added comission
Cons
horrible coworker enviroment. NO team enviroment
No career progression
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 June 2017
No career progression, stuck in a dead end, brain dead position taking abuse from customers day in day out. Management riding your back about extended warranties. Getting in trouble for not selling a $50 warranty on top of a $20 kettle ect ect. Other staff always stealing your sales. Not a good place to work.
Good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oxley QLD31 May 2017
The Good guys Oxley was a great company to work for, the team was great to socialize and interact with, we were a big family that had a laugh and accomplished our work with outstanding results. It was a bit of a challenge at times to complete the work needed, but we worked well in a team to help each other complete the tasks.
Great Culture
Store Manager/Performance Coach (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 May 2017
A great working culture exists at The Good Guys. Always an opportunity to grow and learn daily with fantastic learning platform
for employees to become better versions of themselves
Pros
culture
storeperson
admin / store person (Former Employee) –  Thomastown VIC3 May 2017
i really enjoyed working for good guys thomastown people were lovely to work with managers were great would go out of there way to make sure everything was ok everyone would help everyone
Easy and fun to work with
Sales/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Banksia NSW9 April 2017
Fun and friendly workplace despite of the challenges achieving the sales target forthnightly.
It is safe environment to work and staffs are helping each other as a team to reach goals.
fun but hard work
Storeman (Former Employee) –  Tweed Heads South NSW23 January 2017
Hard work with a lot of heavy lifting. All the staff were good to work with, the Manager was tough but fair. The most enjoyable part of the job was the other staff members
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
hard work
great place to work very enjoyable around new technology
salesman (Former Employee) –  Helensvale QLD1 December 2016
Working at the good guys for 3 years helped me significantly with my experience with customer relationships and rapport. Learnt a great deal in the tech industry. It was a shame the management were poorly trained and motivated.
Pros
exciting and always learned something new every day
Cons
poor management
Good Guys Review
Brown Goods Sale Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC22 November 2016
A friendly team that comes together to achieve a really good culture on the shop floor. Always busy and keeps you mentally stimulated.
Great business
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Dandenong VIC25 October 2016
Very satisfying working for a successful business and playing an important part of it at my store. Look forward to the next chapter.
Productive, allowed me to enhance my skills
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW24 October 2016
Overall was a good workplace, have made quite a few friends there and has encouraged me to strive for the best in any work environment. I have learnt many skills and will take them to the next form of employment I receive
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Inflexible
Fun place to work great manager rod always makes you laugh
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC21 October 2016
Would recommend this to anyone product knowledge was great willing to share knowledge and to better your experience always looking after the staff teaching you how to get the best out of your customer service
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
The Good Guys
Sales (Former Employee) –  South Australia30 September 2016
My day at work was purely selling. I learned pretty quickly from previous selling background. I learned that they are a very professional company with the way they conduct their business from the sales to administration to the delivery section. Management were always helpful and always willing to work around staff if needed. Obviously the length of time I met so many different people come and go from uni students to career workers on the whole I believe their interviewing system must be successful. to be honest there was nothing really hard about the job one you knew the products you were selling. The money for that job was great because it was always negotiable if you sold .
Pros
Everything done by the award system
Cons
not many
Great place to work, a lot to learn.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pakenham VIC15 July 2016
Working at the good guys was a great experience i definitely had learnt majority of my skill set from this job. Fast paced and heavily customer service related however also very rewarding.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long weeks
a great place to work the good guys have a good percentage of the market in W.A
Casual Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Malaga WA25 April 2016
general sales duties shopkeeping stock management the management have a good belief in making the work place a fun place to be hence making it more productive.
Pros
good place to be part of the team
Cons
lack of hours
Very good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Busselton WA1 March 2016
A true learning environment, Built to teach you to handle your time and manage with any type of person possible, With the friendly staff helping you, anyone could work there with the means possible. I loved my time there and would jump back in it at any time.
Pros
Great staff And good atmosphere
Cons
Not really any.