The HOYTS Group Employee Reviews

Fun working place and great people
Candy Bar (Current Employee) –  Perth WA6 October 2017
The pay is not that great but sometimes it is worth it. A lot of the time I feel like I'm not at work it feels like I am just hanging with friends while serving customers and doing some work. Seem it is such a big company we have to many staff so we all only get like 8 hours a week which is not good to make money especially when your only minimum wage. The managers were so good it's better that the managers are young which mean that you have more in common with them and it makes it easier to work with them. Overall I don't regret getting this job and hopefully will continue with this for the next few years.
Pros
Managers, co workers and clean work space
Cons
Not enough hours and bad pay
A fantastic opportunity for self development
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Warringah Mall NSW25 June 2017
There was a lot to learn for this role but the experience, benefits and opportunity to work with a great team was well worth the overcoming of this learning curve. Benefits were great and the skills learned were invaluable. I would definitely recommend a career in management at Hoyts.
Pros
Benefits, working environment and team.
Cons
Often late working hours
Loved working there
retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Kippa-Ring QLD24 June 2017
I loved working at hoyts. I did feel that management could have trained me better, as I constatly had questions. Also my boss was kind of annoying. mm
Pros
Heavily discounted movies
Cons
poor job security (fired when I turned 18)
Worst job
Usher (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 December 2016
Managers were immature and gossiped.

Didn't feel comfortable, everytime I went to work I felt horrible and judged by the young managers/supervisors/host
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managers
fun fast paced
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 July 2016
fun place good place to work friendly and warm team to work with its time for me to move on with my career
Productive and rewarding workplace with great peer group relationships.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chadstone VIC26 April 2016
Hoyts provided me with skills such as customer service, cash handling, upsales and suggestive sales as well as food handling and ushering. The managers in charge of this workplace were strict but also understanding and were able to find the perfect balance between friends and maintaining authority amongst the workers. The hardest part of the job was mainly dealing with disgruntled or disorderly customers at times. When the cinema was extremely busy with a rush of patrons that was the most enjoyable part of the job as there is a strong feeling of production and time flies!
Pros
50 cent movies
Fun workplace, new things happen every shift
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney Eastern Suburbs NSW31 March 2016
Exciting to work at, a different experience every time I come in.
Management was not all too friendly but they were productive.
Co-workers always friendly, always are smiling.
Hardest part would have been just learning the P.O.S system when starting, after that everything was a breeze.
The most enjoyable part would have been the people that I had made friends with over the course of working
good work place good co workers
General Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW16 January 2016
nice enviroment everybody works together the managers are great at what they do theres been very few work related problems that have occured since i was there and it has good working shifts
very stressful, always rushing around
customer service, ushering and cleaning (Former Employee) –  Warrawong, NSW13 January 2016
terrible job but I did my best at it
good people to work with
manger is not nice
a lot of cleaning
a lot of customer service
a lot of good people work there
Pros
cheap mo0vies
Cons
not lot many shifts
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 December 2015
Good team vibe at work. Busy and exciting job and there are many opportunities to progress with your job by being trained in many different areas of work.
Fun, exciting workplace
Customer Service Representative (CA) (Current Employee) –  Wairau Park, New Zealand22 November 2015
Each day is exciting and full of positive energy and no 2 days are ever the same. This role has given me great customer service experience and i have met many great people along the way.
Really great place to work!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Frankston VIC26 October 2015
Hoyts was a really great place to work. The team was fun and the training is really detailed and articulated. The company has strong vision and a really good corporate culture.
Pros
ticket discounts, team members
Great Place to Work
Training and Evaluations Team (Current Employee) –  Wetherill Park, NSW23 August 2015
Great Staff and Manager team, fun to work with, we all have a close friendship. It is always a great support to have others helping on the job. We get discounts on food and tickets, and the pay is better than the fast food industry.
Pros
Cheap Tickets and Food
Cons
Shift Times can change each week
Fun place to work with good benefits, but bad management
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Frankston16 December 2014
Hoyts in a great place to work, you meet great like-minded people and get great discounts on movies, food, etc. The only problem is that they do not give many shifts to their casual workers.
Pros
Cheap movies, meet great people, enjoyable work environment
Cons
Management of staff
Enjoyable work
Cinema Employee (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, NSW1 July 2014
Hoyts Charlestown has been a fun and enjoyable place to work, with friendly staff, flexible hours and relatively relaxed work.
Cons
to get shifts you have to sell things that no one wants
Productive and fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA11 June 2014
Typical day at work is serving customers, stocking the shelves when there is no customers, keeping the work area clean, cleaning cinemas, emptying bins.
Hardest part of my job is working around work, school and social life.
Most enjoyable part of working is being with a fun work crew.
Pros
Free movie tickets and staff screenings
Cons
short breaks
Fast working, productive work place filled with enthusiastic workers
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC15 April 2014
A typical day at work is always busy with lots to do and communicating with customers, Mangers are well organized and co-workers are all very friendly and customer focused. The hardest part of the job is when we have rush hour and have to serve everyone as fast and efficiently as possible.
A Devoted team to work with striving for excellence in entertainment
Regional Lead Projectionist Hoyts NSW (Former Employee) –  NSW22 March 2014
Installing 35mm projectors and platter systems. Was a rewarding experience. I enjoyed creating a service and maintenance program and training the chief projectionists in NSW.
Pros
Free movie tickets.
A rewarding experience with free movie tickets
Cinema Technician (Current Employee) –  NSW21 March 2014
Working with a great team of technicians. Installing digital projectors and audio systems in cinemas Australia wide. While trouble shooting technical issues hardware and software. I learnt a lot about infrastructure technologies, digital systems and time managemnet. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a multitude of emergency calls at once and prioritizing the calls as any cinema off screen is an important issue. The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing a new installation and watching customers go into the theatre that you installed to enjoy a movie.
Pros
free movie tickets, company car
Cons
working a 21 day straight roster.