The Just Group Employee Reviews

fast paced, opportunities are plentiful.
Manager and stayed (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 August 2017
fast paced, opportunities are plentiful
the just group is a massive company so there are great opportunities in regards to swapping and changing among stores and brands.
Friendly environment with collegues and supervior .
Pick Packer (Current Employee) –  Truganina VIC1 August 2017
I start my job at 7 am, a meeting with the supervisor about work, every two hours i get a break . I have learned RF scanning ,picking,tugger .Mysupervisor and management it loyal to me ,environment is friendly and cooperative .lifting boxes to the location continously is bit harder , scanning and driving are enjoyble .
Good salary, terrible culture
Head Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia5 June 2017
Unfortunately, the culture imposed from the top-down was aggressively skewed towards profits-at-any-cost. Senior management were known in the industry for high-profile court cases regarding disputes with previous and current staff, which promoted mistrust amongst other staff.

There was little-to-no job satisfaction, given the highly repetitive and intense workload, and so staff turn-over was high.

The hardest part of the job were the countless late finishes, due to poor management and a disregard for the time necessary to implement the changes requested.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside an excellent team, compiled by the direct team managers.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Terrible culture, long (unrewarded) hours, poor project management
Great for uni work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 April 2017
Good pay and great for work during uni!

It can be very catty and if you don't want to have a career in retail, you will find not many friendly staff members.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
High level of pressure for a basic retail job
An amazing company
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA18 April 2017
Just Group is an amazing company with bright ideas and cultures to ensure the top most customer experience. The staffs are amazing and make working less stressful. Everyone feels equal to a certain degree and that makes interpersonal relationship more embraced.
Pros
Good team spirit
Fun...friends...opportunity....
Ppt sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Central Coast NSW3 April 2017
Been a great work life balance as a mum returning to work.. opportunity for other work with other brands....great discounts...great friendships...internal job opportunities
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Work alone alot
Very demanding
State Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC16 March 2017
Salary does not match company expectations.
Company is good with moving forward with new technology and advancements, however not good at keeping staff motivated
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Adaptable, great training guidelines & young achuever trsining prigrams, offered,
Retail Assistant (casual) (Current Employee) –  Qld Kawana 457518 February 2017
I have been there 1 yr thus Feburary 2027!! Live thr team & my boss taught each other alit & very different to what Wehad been used in Retail...Have well organuzes, team focus , incrntatives, compete fruenfky against other stires, meet oyr other 7 budiness inckuded in Company.grest trainin
Pros
All above & more
Cons
Purchading stock cheaoer gir gufts & to save $$$ fir yrself
Awesomely awesome company to work for
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA2 February 2017
Great Management and loads of encouragement from colleagues, fun work environment. Support from other Stores across the state was great.
Pros
Clothes
Cons
Not enough money to buy the clothes
Good Place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  New South Wales24 January 2017
Good place to work. Management, at times, were helpful but had a habit of giving instructions while we were serving customers. Store zoning was ineffective and could have been better.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Strict policies
Expect so much and receive so little
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 July 2016
I worked for Smiggle for a year as a sales assistant. I think if the store was structured better and had better managers things would be better. The cons definitely out way the pros. If it wasn't for having a good team I would of quit a long time ago.

Cons about Smiggle:
- Bad management: Management was always changing I had 3-4 managers over the time period I was there. Each manager has a different structure on how they like their store ran which made things difficult. My last manager would tell me my selling skills weren't as good as his or if I had done something wrong so when I asked him to show me how he would do it he would never show me.

- No further training: No further training received unless your management which is ridiculous. The only further training I received was on the job. I would of loved to have received any extra training possible.

- Overtime: I can't count on my fingers how many hours of overtime I did while I was working there. I never got paid for any of it and if I had asked to get paid for that time it would always be "over budget hours for the week" and the answer was no. It's hard not to do overtime because there is always so much to do i.e. tiding up and refilling for the next day. Being expected to fill in all the paperwork plus budget book and cash up two registers in 15 minutes is impossible.

- No advancement or career: You can't really make any advancement/career in this position. I worked a lot, would always be available to extend my shift or work other peoples shifts, come in half an hour to an hour earlier, do everything that
  more... was asked of me and it didn't really benefit me in any way.

Pros:
- The best thing was having a good team to work with and gaining experience in retail.
Pros
Working with a good team
Cons
Bad management, no further training, don't get paid for overtime, no advancement/career
Better brands to work for
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Regional store11 May 2016
You are promised the world then given nothing. State team is forever changing so it shows you nothing bit inconsistent turn around.
Pros
The team in your store
Cons
Rosters aren't made fairly and the pay is terrible
Fun energetic place to work.
3IC Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD6 August 2015
Daily Job review
Sales Targets
New products
Store upkeep
working with customers
Can be stressful but very rewarding and fun
Pros
Working with fun product
Cons
Hours available to staff
Lovely people to work for and with.
Pick packer (Former Employee) –  VIC7 October 2014
- Very good pay rate
- lovely co-workers
- awesome management
- long hours during Christmas time
- easy work
Pros
great people, hard working people, great working conditions
Great Team to work with
Warehouse Person (Former Employee) –  Huntingwood DC Blacktown30 June 2014
Typical day was pick pack of orders for stores and internet
Learned a different computer skills and to deal with customer request quickly
Management was always fare and could be approached easily
Worked with a great team of people Full Time and casual
Did not really find anything hard about job
The people I worked with
Productive & Interesting to learn about the behind the scenes for retailing
Store Picker (Former Employee) –  Altona, VIC24 April 2014
Picked & packed on trolleys for leading brands to send off to stores all around Australia. Learning to send garments overseas. Enjoyed learning to do returns & faulty garments. Labelling the boxes to send off was tiring but also fun, to find out different names to towns that I had not heard of. Learning to stage was fun in Jacqui E & Portmans but not so in Jay Jays & Peter Alexander, had to manually do it but still interesting to see how each department did staging & stocktake differently. Management was mostly helpful in helping with the computers & equipment breaking down & any & most issues were resolved. Worked along side men & women & also worked solo, working together as a team made it so much easier but if not enough jobs to be picked had to clean warehouse.
Pros
2 RDO'S a month, the pay. Learning new technology. Being put in charge of a situation & watching it be successful
Cons
Long Hours, house cleaning in warehouse.
manager in retail
Manager (Former Employee) –  rouse hill15 February 2014
manager in just group .looking after
- opening and closing store
- kpi and budget for store
- staff training also helping some stores
- merchanise the store for new brief
- attend new courses threw company

most thing rewarding with just group is that I started casual and work myself up to manager of my own store.to get the experience ,courses and help I needed to get there was due to them. What I enjoyed for a couple of months was managing my own store and helping other store with manchanising which I enjoyed to do.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parramatta, NSW13 February 2014
I have worked as a casual retail assistant in 3 Just Group retail stores; Jacqui E, Jay Jays and Portmans.

The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and amazing management.

Amazing company to work for.
Pros
Co-Workers, management, Environment, Culture
Fun place of work
QLD/NT State Office Administrator/PA (Former Employee) –  Brisbane30 January 2014
My responsibilities at the just group was endless.....from mail outs, answering enquiries from stores to customers, booking accommodation, flights and cars for the store reps, organising functions for QLD & NT store managers, assisting our head office with planning and organising accommodation and flights to Brisbane for the company awards night. I loved this position as the it was a fun and friendly place to work and the manager of the office was fantastic. Always willing to help if you didn't understand how to do a report to understanding work/life balance.
Co workers were also just as helpful and fun to work with. A great company that I wish I had stayed with to develop my skills further.
Pros
Event organising
Cons
pay
Fun place to work
Sales Assistent (Current Employee) –  Blacktown and Macarthur15 January 2014
The typical day at any of the stores ive worked at in the just group all have similarities in working there as a whole Serving customers ensuring their time in the stores are as enjoyable as possible, cleaning, talking on the phone, cash handling, trying on clothes or playing with the newest toys/stationary in and constantly changing the stores to make sure the stores look fresh and up to date.
Always a chance to work in different areas (there are 7 different types of businesses in the Just Group) at the moment I am working at Smiggle which is a fun place to work but have also worked at Jacqui E the place that i first started with.
Hardest Part of the job would be the inconsistent work as I am casual; also it is very hard to move forward in your career as a casual.
The most enjoyable part would be the people you meet on a day to day basis and the toys/stationary you need to play with so we can show the customers how they work and the clothes to try on to be able to show customers how new clothes look and also to be able to give advice to customers.
Pros
fun to work at, trying on the new clothes, playing with the new toys/stationary
Cons
hard to move forward in career, inconsistent work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Just Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3