THE STAR Employee Reviews

Very Productive and Fun Workplace
Dealer/Croupier (Current Employee) –  Pyrmont NSW12 January 2017
Working at The Star allowed me to see and understand a huge ray of cultures and activities that have made me more adaptable and flexible.
Just meeting anyone have been a challenge for me, that it pushes me to respond appropriately in an instant depending on who i have approached or whom have caught my attention. It ranges from my workmates to my manager, customers to high rollers/regulars, and to all of their nationality that i have to be aware of so I communicate to ensure that they are welcome and I'm approachable.
Working at my station, I will need to pay attention to detail. From security to customers behaviour, it is a non stop task. I have to respond to their needs while maintain pace to my station to allow the companies product to be a success.
The hardest part of my job would be collecting temporary information and making its full use to increase work pace because everyday it is not exactly the same.
The most enjoyable part of my job is whenever my customers are enjoying their day, at the end of the day, "time flies when your having fun". Whenever my customers can distract me from keeping track of time, it is very enjoyable.
Pros
Staff parking, Free Food, Discounted Hotel Rates and Restaurants
Cons
Work Schedule is a bit difficult to maintain
reliable and very good in customer service
Public Area Cleaner - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 December 2016
Easy to work with . knows how to managed the job assigned. can easily understand instructions from the supervisor . very polite to the customers and willing to learn if it is needed .
Good place for work
Casual part time work (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW9 January 2016
Good place for enhance your skills with busy environment,good for career development.but feeling hard to adjust as a new worker.
Pros
free meal
Cons
I would go back given the chance.
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW29 May 2014
You wont regret it. Interesting place to work. Every day is different. The people are great.
Pros
Cons
Maybe distance... it is in Sydney after all.
Casino work experience
Casino Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Table game department15 February 2014
A team work enviroment,dealing with all kind of people from differient back ground.
Up dated gaming knowledge of rules and procedures,skills of solving customers complaint.
Strong management team throughout work place with clear goals in mind.
Team work spirits in you and your co-workers,strive to be motivated and cooperative at all times.
The hardest part of the job is being shift worker.04:00 o 'clock start work or finish.
The most enjoyable part of the work is you never be bored,as you will see and deal with new things everyday.
Pros
free meals and drinks throughout all shift.on going trainings.
Cons
work in most public holidays and weekends.
Fun place to work
P/T Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sydney19 January 2014
I have worked at The Star and The Darling for around 1 year 7 months. We have such a great team and I had learned so much about cleaning with this role. I started this role without experience in cleaning and very committed to learn everything from the beginning. Most of the day I normally clean around 10 to 14 rooms including the suites and penthouse. Maintaining high standard of cleaning. I work well with the team and respect to each other and also work well autonomously. The hardest part of the job if I have so many room Queue room at the same time and it will be a bit rushing but other than that is all good. I got to meet up with so many celebrity and an honor to clean their room and not forget to mention that I enjoy my work very much.
Pros
great food at Eat Street
Cons
less money as I was employed by an agency
Lost sight of people in its change of culture
Pit Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney19 January 2013
Was a great place to work before the company lost sight of looking after the people involved both staff and customers
Pros
food provided
Cons
little to no work life balance