The University of Western Australia Employee Reviews

Ótima
Estágio extracurricular (Former Employee) –  Perth - Austrália15 November 2017
Estágio proveitoso no Centre for Marine Futures, com projeto utilizado para apresentação de TCC para Bacharelado em Biologia. Estágio com duração de 6,5 meses, em uma instituição de alto nível, com ótima infraestrutura para pesquisa. Ótima supervisão. Equipe bem integrada, sempre focada em resultados.
Challenging and enjoyable
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crawley-Nedlands WA28 August 2017
Things could get challenging at times with many different situations to over come but always an enjoyable place to be. Everyone is treated equally with respect.
A university, through and through
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Perth WA13 June 2017
Just another big university really....limited team work, most people stick to themselves. This is true for the business school anyway, might be different in other departments.
Pros
flexible work times, clear career path
Fun and Casual
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Crawley WA1 March 2017
Work around campus give you flexibilty, in particular for student who seek part time job. However, you need get the job done and in a appropriate times.
Pros
near from housing
Cons
sometimes meet with friend
I recommend anyone to join this university.
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Perth, Western Australia22 January 2017
School of electrical and electronics engineering in the university of Western Australia has wide range of semiconductor fabrication facilities and faculty working here are friendly and helpful for the betterment of the individual who works under their supervision.
Nice environment
System Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Perth WA18 October 2016
Enjoyable and fun work experience.
Beautiful landscape and nice architecture.
It has nice restaurants and shops. Work colleagues are good people so you could build long life friendship.
No job security even after almost 14 years of working there
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Crawley-Nedlands WA18 May 2016
Old fashioned management
No job security
IT System outdated
Great campus
Lovely students
Easily accessible by public transport
Parking very expensive
Great gym
Pros
Great salary and super
Cons
No appreciation for extra effort
Great co workers enjoyed coming to work
Functions officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA16 May 2016
Day to day operations were enjoyable you had a good mix of very busy times and down times.
You were afforded a good working home life balance.
My co workers were a pleasure to work with , and still maintain contact.
Pros
supervisors were easy to work with
Cons
management needed to be more proactive
UWA a great place to do reseach
PhD Student (Former Employee) –  Crawley-Nedlands WA26 April 2016
Working at UWA was great for me. I had the opportunity to use many Mass Spectrometry equipment of high quality, and had access to one of the best plant-growth facility in Australia.

UWA also has a nice campus and a great location, just by the Black Swan River, a really nice area.
Mostly enjoyable place to work
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Nedlands WA24 April 2016
I spent 23 years at UWA, most of which were enjoyable and I found it quite a good place to work, so much so that I did not want to leave, but my job was deemed redundant, so I was left with no choice.
Best opportunity to learn and share my passion for business analytics
Tutor Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA29 September 2015
I am my own manager. I create content according to my Lecturer objectives, but form then on, my job is to create content that will appeal to our postgraduate students.
What I enjoy the most is mixing my previous business experience with state of the art business intelligence tools.
The most difficult part of the job is keeping up to date with new releases on all the software tools I teach.
The most rewarding part of the job is watching how students grow through the semester. I specifically focus on developing their critical and analytical skills.
Pros
I know how to use many business intelligence tools.
Cons
Sometimes I am asked to changed Lab material overnight.
Expérience enrichissante et instructive
Stagiaire (Former Employee) –  Perth, Western Australia18 July 2015
Les journées de travails pouvaient être de différents types. Je pouvais soit travailler sur mon projet principal soit aider mes collègues dans leurs expériences ou participer à des expériences de terrain. J'ai ainsi acquis de nombreuses compétences annexes.
Exciting Workplace
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA14 March 2015
Easy communication, good management style. The management knows whats most important which is the students. So much emhpasis on students. Good workplace environment also.
Pros
Good advancement
Cons
Slow processing of pay
Overview of My skills
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  School of Psychology21 November 2014
Until this week I was the Personal Assistant to the Head of School of Psychology. This position has now been made redundant and I am now on re-deployment.

I have excellent time management skills as well as organisational skills which are required in looking after a Head of School.

Prior to this role, I worked within Student Affairs giving course advice, looking after student enrolments, and also was an Executive Officer to several committees.

I enjoy the interaction with students and also working in the Marketing area. I am customer focussed with an outgoing personality.

I have organised several large events in the School of Psychology as well as the Faculty of Engineering's Prize Giving Ceremony. I was also the co-ordinator of the website for the School of Psychology. I maintained, updated and compiled new web pages for the school.

The main challenge of my job is to keep the academics on track and make the required deadlines of the School.
Productive, Fun and with career advancement
Fairway Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Perth, WA22 October 2014
When I do work during summer school of winter school, I start early and attend a briefing with the coordinator to find oput the program of the day. Further I the assemble students that I'm in charge of to ensure everyone is well and present. Then we from there we join everyone as the coordinator explains what is going to happen throughout the day. When start with the day's program.

The hardest part of the job is ensuring everyone's safety and maximum gain of the day's program. The most enjoyable part is getting to meet different students who have different and fascinating careers aspirations. My co-workers are fellow students at the University and the most fun bit about it is there are those who have been in the program longer others so assistance is always available when needed.
Intelligent, honest and cooperative working environment generally
Research Officer/ Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 January 2013
When I was involved in research, I spent a lot of time in the field establishing, maintaining and monitoring crop trials and recording observations. Other times, I was involved in lab work or in the office, on the computer entering data and writing reports.
I learnt to set up field trials. This included site preparation, ongoing maintenance of the trial plots, spraying programs, applications of fertilizers and harvesting.
Later when I was employed as a Project Officer, I was involved in administration which included budgeting. I learnt the different software programs used by UWA in their administrative procedures.
Generally, I found my co-workers to be helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable.
Sometimes working in research in the field can be physically hard and the work has to be done whatever the weather. However, I enjoyed the opportunities of being outside.
Pros
freedom to do the work at my own pace.
Cons
sometimes trials were in remote locations, requiring a lot of driving, consequentially involving long hours.