U.S. Army Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Found 6 reviews matching the search See all 49,294 reviews
It's the U.S. Army
Heavy Equipment Engineer / Track Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KS25 December 2016
I honestly have nothing negative to say about the Army or the United States MIlitary. The Military helped change peoples lives. Including travel, broader social circle, an understanding of the difference in people from different parts of america.
Pros
Security Clearance, Background, Honor
Cons
Chain of commands that hold soldiers hostage at low ranks so their buddies can prosper.
Job is great, the co-workers suck.
PTDS / PGSS Surveillace Aerostat Operator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne FL / Afghanistan25 December 2016
I have learned a lot at the job so far. The FSR's are awesome, positive and helpful. Honestly, the management is no problem to me. It's the co-workers on the opposite shift. They are a bunch of cry-babies & lazy. We do almost all of the work on the 1st shift. All they have to do is watch the camera. The complain and complain about ever little thing. Other than that, the company is decent to me, and the actual job is fun, interesting & a learning process. If/When the AeroStat goes down for whatever reason(s), it's time to really get to work all 12hr none stop (besides lunch) so if it's winter time, be prepared because it's cold. Brruuuuhh, it's cold.
Pros
Free wifi, phone to call back to U.S., Awesome break room's, Easy work
Cons
Vacation should be every 3-4mo w/paid travel, but its 1x every 6mo for 2wk out our own pocket.
'merica
Small teams manager (Former Employee) –  everywhere6 October 2016
its a great job. definitely puts you on the board with job info. has decent pay and get to do cool stuff. hours are always different. and you have a lot of opportunity after
Lifechanging Lessons and Skills
Australian Defence Force (Former Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW6 July 2016
Absolutely loved my short time in the military. not for the faint hearted. Very hard, but even more rewarding. Would recommend being emotionally and mentally ready for the commitment
Military Life
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  United Sates24 March 2015
It is nearly impossible to conduct a proper review on what it is to serve in the Army for over 10 years in a combat role during a time of war. So, I will leave it at that.
Pros
Excellent benefits and lifelong friends
Cons
Possibility of dying