Uniting Communities Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Management was incompetent and would not listen to advice from there employees who lived in the region they were trying to break into.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Gambier SA30 July 2017
The local staff were wonderful however management from Adelaide were incompetent and would not listen to the staff who actually lived in the region.
Now they have no team leaders in the region and they continue to muck up rostering and client informations as all this is now centralised from a team in Adelaide. Management do not know there clientele and do not care about the issues staff face on a day to day basis.
There is certainly no "Uniting Communities" as the name suggests. The worst organisation I have ever had the misfortune of working for.
Pros
The other staff
Cons
Poorly trained so called managers
good place to work
Personal care worker - Placement (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA17 May 2017
It is a good place to work. Had fun working here ... the people whoyou work with are ok and the management is good.. I worked here as a art of my placement so cannot comment too much
Pros
Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Outreach Service
Aboriginal Liaison Officer (Trainee) (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA29 July 2015
I was able to work with people of diverse backgrounds that had drug and alcohol issues that affected them in leading healthy lifestyles. I learnt that everyone has a story and that not only minorities have these issues. Working with the Manager and colleagues I was able to teach them about Aboriginal culture and how we are a proud race that celebrates our traditions on a regular basis. I was able to assist them with building rapport and finding 'common ground' with their clients that was usually successful. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to all the lovely clients and work mates. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with some amazing clients that allowed me to utilise my skills and assist them allowing us both to shine.
Cons
Always being alert that a client may turn at any point