UnitingCare West Employee Reviews

Has great services and good pay with the extra penalties
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Carslilse6 April 2016
The days were long as a full-time I done 27hr shifts but the money went with it. the hardest part was the challenges that came with the clients and having to deal with that the best way possible at that point in time. The best thing was seeing the difference you made and the impact you had on the young peoples lives. Co-workers were great besides the odd few that caused drama but you get that everywhere. The management was good but not always doing the best they could.
Pros
days off in between the long shifts
Cons
long hours and emotional and physical trauma
Enjoyable workplace interacting with people with disabilities
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Subiaco16 October 2015
A typical day at work involved performing general administration duties, entering data, invoicing and organising transport services for clients. Recently, I was trained to use SMS. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with clients with disabilities. The hardest part was having to deal with the management being restructured, combining multiple offices into one office, resulting in cutting down of staff, including myself.
Unitingcare West
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria Park16 August 2015
I assisted 5 men with an interlectual disability in day to day living.
a typical day would be to wake some of them up for work, assist in breakfast preperation were needed.Administer any medications as required.
Take people to job placements, attend medical appointments as required. Plan recreation and indevidaul plans. assist in house cleaning and ongoing training needs. The role involed working on your
own for most of the shift. Shifts could be upto 48Hrs long and involed being on call over night at the group home.
The role was very rewarding as you couild see the improvements you make in the lives of the men I supported.
Long hours away from home and a roster that never changed for
seven years of my employment. This would probably be my main dislike of the employment.
Unitingcare west are a great team to work for.