University of Technology Sydney Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Student Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 March 2017
A typical day included working with clients on issues that may or may not affect their progression within their chosen areas of study. It also involved assidting them with any adminstration issues they may have. The workplace was very friendly, supportive and professional
Pros
very supportive and offered career advancement opportunities
Cons
nil
Great place to work with friendly staff
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 March 2017
Engaging with colleagues and facilitating learning with students. I learned how to problem solve, become independent, take initiative and work as part of a team. The coordinator would send staff to different areas in accordance to availability of individuals and suitability. Work was very relaxed however there are times when individuals need to take charge and focus. I found this quite challenging as we had to cater to so many people however with the support other staff and my teammates everything was able to run smoothly. The most enjoyable part would have to be traveling around NSW to different areas getting to know the students and inspiring them and hopefully making a difference in their lives.
Research fellow (Former Employee) –  Sydney5 March 2017
Discovery, problem-solving, critical thinking and creativity are features shared by great research and inspiring learning environments. At UTS, we integrate our approach to research and learning, so not only are our students engaged with the research our academics are undertaking, but also with inquiry-based approaches to research. As a result, our students graduate with knowledge of cutting edge practice informed by the future needs of our industry and community partners.
Great, flexible university in central location
Student (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 March 2017
The best thing about UTS is that it provides a very hands-on approach to learning. Journalism was very much about being thrown into the deep end and learning the tricks of the trade from day 1 and encouraging and equipping students to find industry experience as soon as possible. I feel confident continuing my studies while entering the workforce in the media industry.

All the new buildings mean that there are comfortable new facilities within which to study. The staff are always excellent and helpful and there to help me learn.
Pros
Central location, close to train station, beautiful new buildings
Cons
Not as much 'campus culture', although I think the great facilities are changing this!
Productive and fun workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 February 2017
UTS is a first class university with a first class teaching and learning experience. Amazing university and people, highly recommend working there. Good location.
Forward looking technology university
Professor (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia3 February 2017
Has undergone transformation to become a more attractive city university. There has been a big increase in increasing research which has resulted in lots of long-term employees leaving.
Great people, limited training and development opportunities or administrative staff..
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney28 December 2016
I spent 9 years at UTS. There were limited development opportunities for administrative staff.

During this time there were three restructures causijg undue stress for staff.

It was a good place to work overall but the many changes, long and drawn out restructure was stressfu
Pros
Inflexible start and finish hours
Cons
Easily accessible via public transport.
Friendly Working Environment
UTS U:PASS Leader (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 November 2016
Casual position provides good payment, colleagues are all friendly and helpful, boss is easier to approach. There is food area in the office providing space for personal mug, fridge and microwave.
Pros
good payment
Cons
Overall a great place to work
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 May 2016
Has a great work/family balance policy and this allows employees to juggle conflicting commitments whilst working. Staff development and flexible work practices are a great incentive to positive staff morale.
Fabulous place to work with many opportunities
Customer Service / I.T. Administration (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW3 December 2015
customer service
to be patient and work with all ages
Management were open and helpful
Co-workers were all inclined to assist one another
Hardest part of the job was the late night travelling home
Assisting students in the labs
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Late night travel
Straightforward and time focus.
Casual Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW22 September 2015
Very time contained and deadline oriented. I worked very well and closely with all lecturers and staff who are very friendly and patronising towards me.
Pros
Studied in this university before
Cons
Casual arrangement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Technology Sydney. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6