Veolia Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Safe employer
Metal bin Truck operator (Former Employee) –  Archerfield, boundary road10 July 2017
Veolia has always been a company which looked after safety of it's workers and staff. Liked the vehicles I worked in and a friendly atmosphere. The reason I left was because of contract which has ended
Not a bad job
Hook Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Keysborough VIC29 June 2017
The job in itself was ok. The management structure was toxic.
I don't think that some drivers new where they stood from day to day.
How sad that management have to inflict their inadequate style to the work place.
The hardest part was having to deal with their policies.
Overall They were a good company to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT12 June 2017
I had fun on the job, also learnt a lot of new skills. It kept me fit, but had to work in all weather conditions I didn't mind that. I had to do a lot of in and out of truck work. I learnt to drive different trucks skip bins, rear lift bin truck, and rear Hook bin truck.
Pros
pays were good
workers are good
driver/operator (Former Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC5 June 2017
if you have a good manager job is good but they do not always have good management. workplace culture seems to be directly linked to management so can be very good or extremely poor. good to learn with plenty of opportunity
Pros
job rotations
Wast truck driver (Former Employee) –  Port Headland WA18 April 2017
Enjoy my time working at Veolia and leant so much from other people great place to work and I was pick up skip bins then tamping load taking to tip and plus I was a super or for them about 2years and I was supervisor in porthead land for other company's on BHP sites which was a good experience for me
Pros
Bring own
Cons
Does matter wat hours
Heavy Industry environment
HPW Operator Boyne Smelter (Current Employee) –  Gladstone QLD6 March 2017
Involved in a new career change for the past 3 years. Gained much experience with heavy vehicles, and safety with the job at hand. Stepped back as a leader due to company being strong in this area. This enabled me to gain more experience with machinery and the safety needed which put me in a leading role anyway.
Pros
Machine operation
Cons
Different start times, inconsistant
Enjoyed my 25 years at Veolia
Equipment and Maintenance GM (Former Employee) –  NSW and Vic19 December 2016
Overall i enjoyed my 25 years at Veolia with various promotions
from State into National roles
Over that time i have learnt allot and had great Mentors over the years.
Veolia had continuous training programs in various fields of business and always supported their Management team to help them grow and achieve more improved management skills.
Average company to work for
Sales Admin/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Perth WA26 November 2016
Loved the fact that no 2 days were the same. They provide on the job training. Enjoyed liasing with customers, truck drivers and Sales Reps. Very fast paced industry.
Pros
Interaction with people
Broken promise
Driver all rounder (Former Employee) –  Bungendore NSW24 November 2016
To many broken promises was told we would go full time after 3 months but after 12 months still no go also the bosses looking after Canberra are back stabbers they are ok when your in the wrong but put blame onto the workers when its not
Pros
Monery is good
Cons
Bosses ate not trusting
Overworked and Understaffed
Operations Admin Support (Full Time Role) (Current Employee) –  Arndell Park NSW12 November 2016
Not a pleasant place to work for. Job culture and management leave a lot to be desired. There is a high staff turnover and there is no paid overtime.
fair
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Archerfield QLD24 October 2016
was pushed hard by a supervisor that had no practical experience. allowed to be disrespectful and very rude with no chance of ant fairness
regular job place
Frontlift driver (Former Employee) –  Perth WA22 June 2016
very good employee... employer very good also nice trucks computer sysytems very good procedures and safety was brilliant to see
Professional and Supportive work colleages
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW15 May 2016
Well structured company, furthered my understanding of sales and customer management. From a technical point of view I have learned a great deal about most aspects of water treatment, great support from my colleagues.
Pros
flexible management
Cons
unsociable hours at times.
ok place to work some management very ordinary
Industrial Services Operator (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD21 April 2016
good life style and wage not to bad management could do more and support the workers a lot more. time frame to complete some tasks are impossible and like to sweep certain health safety issues under the rug and don't like it when you bring up saftey issues that delay jobs
very hands on and great pay.
Assisstant order maker (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 March 2016
everything is hands on and I got to do something that I didn't even know existed. I was on a great pay which I liked. all the staff were friendly. I also caught on to what I had to do very quickly.
Safe and hardworking workplace
assistant order maker (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 March 2016
it was ongoing work so I was constantly on my feet. Different roles had to be filled around the site. All my co-workers were friendly and helped me if I didn't know what to do.
Pros
good pay
Cons
outside work was always really hot
good place to work
Bricklayer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA18 February 2016
best job i ever had. sad to leave it but all the travelling was hard on my family.. great pay and a good opportunity for any one that likes to travel and make money.
Pros
good staff and great money
Cons
travel if you have young children.
A rewarding and interesting position, always learning.
SHIFT LEAD OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Chinchilla QLD9 February 2016
Depending on what part of the plant I am assigned to the day could involve operating the water treatment plant via the scada, operating the brine concentrators via the scada, isolating parts of the plant while working in the permit office or analysing water samples in the lab.
Pros
Using your knowledge to operate the plant.
Cons
Long hours, 12 Hour shifts over 14 days.
A great team working together for a common cause
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NSW18 September 2015
My role here occurred during the construction, commissioning and first 6 months of operation of a new plant. As a result everyone was on new ground, and that lead to a great atmosphere of mutual learning from each other. The boss often shouted lunch, or we had a BBQ on site.

While my role was a stable 8-4, most of the team took turns at being on call, hence I couldn't give 5 stars for Work/Life Balance, but this is the nature of a plant that can't be easily shut down and restarted. It was better, I'm sure, than most in that Veolia arranged remote monitoring so the staff could monitor the plant from home, as long as they lived close enough to come in if things went wrong.

Pay was reasonable for me as a contractor (through a labour hire company), but the permanent staff were paid extremely well.

The poor job security was based not only on my being on a fixed term contract (even though it was extended repeatedly) but because there were widespread layoffs throughout the organisation when the drought broke and many plants went from an operational phase to a non-operational, minimal maintenance phase.
Pros
Great team to work with, new facilities including indoor and outdoor eating areas and a BBQ
Cons
Work is very reliant on the climate - once the drought breaks staff demand drops significantly.
Great team environment
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Shepparton, VIC16 September 2015
Great atmosphere to work in, casual employees treated as long term employees. Learned a lot through the numerous staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.