Village Roadshow Employee Reviews

Management don't care about you only money
Retail (Former Employee) –  Gold coast8 March 2017
Yeah the benefits are great and you meet a lot of amazing people but the amount of Chinese whispers that goes on at this place is disgusting. Managment don't care if you have to. Work in 40• heat. As long as you're making money that's all they care about
Pros
Free tickets (when you've worked enough hours)
Cons
Awful supervisors, untrustworthy business, they don't back pay you if your pay is wrong.
great fun
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 November 2016
worked for village road show in sydney and then at the gold coast. loved it both times, its a great job for a backpacker or someone looking for casual work but dont often get enough hours for it to be a job in the long term.
Pros
great work environment, working with great people
Cons
unsocialable hours, shifts often got cancelled when you were casual staff
Great start for experience
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD18 October 2016
This was my first job, so it was a great place to kick start my experience and move onto other things. Face-paced and enjoyable environment, very hands-on, build lots of different and transferable skills, and opportunities for advancement
Pros
Fun and enjoyable
Cons
Limited hours/shifts
Innovative and fast paced work environment
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 May 2016
Fantastic work environment, staff encouraged to contribute and new ideas are valued and welcomed.

CEO is innovative, anything is on the table if it's in the interest of guests and a profitable bottom line.
Pros
Fantastic culture, very people focussed.
Cons
Limited career progression oppoprtunities
If you are related to Management you are OK
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 April 2016
Nepotism rife Nepotism Nepotism the only way to climb that corporate Ladder most tasks handballed by Management and no job security
Pros
Pay ok
Cons
Handballing from Management
Management and staff are bullies and very negative place to work
Front Gate (Former Employee) –  Seaworld Gold coast28 October 2015
Management are bullies and don't care about the staff they are RUDE and only care about the bottom line. The staff and all management are back stabling each other and staff HR don't do there job.
Pros
Negative and Rude place to work
Cons
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD7 September 2015
It's good to interact with customers. The hardest part of the job was mainly the amount of customers we get at its busiest period.
Pros
Discount on our retail stores
Cons
Sometimes the customers wouldn't understand some of the deals we had on
GRC Implementation.
GRC Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia22 July 2015
This project was difficult, the staff and employees at Village were extremely busy and didn't have much, if any, bandwidth for any projects outside of their day-to-day business.
Nice people and fun perks
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD18 February 2015
The people were nice, you received quite a lot of opportunities to try their other parks or promotions as an employee for free, and opportunities to work in areas with pretty surroundings.
Pros
Nice break rooms, opportunities for free entry to parks
Cons
May not always get the hours you want
good company to work with
Storeman / Internal Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prestons, NSW3 January 2015
Great and good place to work at, good team work across various routines and great employer and employee relationship
Pros
Free movies passes and DVDs
Cons
nothing
A varied and fun place to work with opportunity to be creative
Senior Art Director (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC27 October 2014
Responsibility for the creative output of an in-house design team for various departments of Village Roadshow Limited.
Over the years I have witnessed the change from print based advertising to digital and experienced the learning curve that came with it.
The successes we have achieved go hand-in-hand with the relationships built over the 15 years I have spent with the company.
Pros
4 double passes to movies each month
Cons
Nothing really to speak of
fun workplace
Admissions cashier (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD30 July 2014
good place to work. good pay rate, and reasonably flexible workplace.
Very fun work place
Retail/Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC18 March 2014
Exciting and different each day
Meet and greet different people/cultures
Learnt about different cultures
Management were professional and fun
Co-workers had a lot of energy
Hardest part of the job was kids coming in with drunk parents
The job itself was enjoyable
Pros
Free gaming, movies
Cons
not enough hours
Fun and Productive
Team Leader/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wantirna South1 October 2013
Typical Day: customer service, stock management.
Learned: cash handling, management.
Management: was well organized with rosters in advance
Co-Workers: easy to get along with
Hardest part: late nights/early morning
Enjoyed: everything
Exciting & fun place to work and we sell great product!!
Customer Contact rep (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia4 August 2012
I started at Roadshow on a Q4 contract. Q4 is the period in the year which is the busiest time - September - January. After the contract was finished they asked me to stay on as a casual, which I gladly accepted.
My daily tasks are talking with customers who call in. Our four distributors are Village Roadshow, Warner Bros, Paramount and Reel.
The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to be in the Entertainment industry. We get all the information first hand of the new releases and releases to come out in advance.
Management here are friendly and are flexible and understanding to peoples needs. We recently had a staff meeting and the leaders asked us how we think we would like to see improvements in the company so that we can enjoy working there. Our biggest release is next week and they have offered to give us a huge lunch during this time. They dont want us over stressed as they understand that being stressed doesnt encourage us to work better. They have also asked us where we would like an all expenses paid outting for our department. I love that they respect us and are concerned for our well being.
The hardest part of the job is at times the phones are extremely busy. Our tasks require us to be focused and concentrate. This can be difficult when the phones are ringing constantly. Every phone call is important and requires our full attention.
I have been very grateful to have full training with the SAP system. I didnt know how to use this system until I worked at Roadshow. I have also been trained in using the Warner Vanguard system.
Pros
free dvds, free movie tickets, human rights respected, lunchs paid for, and frequently appeciated, clean working environment, good pay, flexibility
Cons
phones can be too busy, no break during 5 hour shift
very fun enviroment, it being the movies
sales assistance (Former Employee) –  sunshine, melbourne, vic27 March 2012
the team was great and very supportive, managment always looked out for their employees, the experince i gained from village cinemas was amazing, however the field i belong to is more along the lines of retail instead of hospitality.