Woolworths Limited Employee Reviews

Friendly and Supportive.
Crew member, Deli worker, Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside TAS16 February 2018
I worked at Woolworths Riverside for nearly four years. I loved working there. The people are kind, the management are supportive and everyone looks out for everyone in the store.
Although I was nervous at first (like every 14-15 year old starting a new job), the team opened me up with their beautiful personalities.
I was able to be cross-department trained and received leadership responsibilities as my time and experience there grew.
I am so happy that I got to work at this store, it could not have been a more supportive and encouraging place for a student to have worked in.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Store needs refurbishment
Morbid and depressing workplace
Butcher (Former Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW15 February 2018
Very unpleasant workplace no respect for workers and no benefits what so ever, work / life balance is non existent. I would rather be in debt with no job than be a woolworths worker for another second.
Excellent Morale
Work Experience, Stock Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Eastgardens NSW13 February 2018
Woolworths is an ideal workplace to commence work in, be it part time, casual, or even work experience. When I was a boy, I remember seeing an advertisement on television of Woolworths, where a store member commented that Woolworths is a good place to start work. From my experience, it certainly is. What I particularly like about the job is that the staff are patient, friendly and even helpful. All of these factors constitute an excellent morale in the store.
Pros
Supportive staff, high morale
Cons
Fairly busy environment
Team member/Front end/cashier (Former Employee) –  Balaclava VIC13 February 2018
Fun work,Easy adaptable to work space, fast and easy training, great shift/ hours. Overall a great place to work. Only con is the customer complaints.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Customer complaints
not fun and terrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Katoomba NSW12 February 2018
i was a car accident in April of 2017. i put in a leave form so that i could recover until the end of the month. that was the last time i heard from work for the rest of the year. in October i get a call saying that i need to complete several forms or be fired. so i quit
Pros
5% off all products in store
Cons
no consideration for employees onions
Depending on the store you work in as to how well or badly the work environment is
Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD10 February 2018
The store that I worked for had many changes of store managers in the time that I worked there not only in the departments but also with the store manger themselves, in the 6 years I worked for the company there were at least 4 different store mangers and at least 5 different department manger changes. This leads to lots of confusion with the stafff and if they are doing the right thing or not, moral can be very low at times because there is never any consistency with how the store is run, and the communication from the store manager to the staff whom work in the departments can be really terrible at times where important messages never even reach the ears of the staff doing the work. There can be a lot of favourites with the store and department managers where some staff get overlooked for roles for the favourites who at not even know how to do the job right, r the favourites get given te same tasks over and over again not giving any other members of staff the chance to learn how to do new roles within the store. Keep in mind this is all from my experience in the last store I worked in, this is not for all woolworths stores.
Pros
Not many really apart from the 5% discount card, and the long service leave when I reach 10 yrs of service
Cons
Depending on the store there can be many otherwise there aren’t many cons to working for Woolworths
Challenging
Project Manager (Business Technology Services) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 February 2018
The work I did as IT Service Delivery Lead Project Manager was exciting at the same time challenging. Changing the mindset of Infrastructure project managers to think like the business and ultimately succeeding was very rewarding for myself, the business customers, and the IT associates.
Pros
No one looking over your shoulder.
Cons
Supporting a diverse group of customers with their own agendas was challenging but also fulfilling.
security
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Australia7 February 2018
working for Woolworths is rewarding . You can become anything if you put the work in . If you are a people person Woolworths is for you .You need to have customer service skills as the supermarket industry is all about putting customers first . I started as a night supervisor on the checkouts partimetime , within 6 months I become 2ic of the checkouts to customer service manager .They give you the training you need to succeed.
Easy work, nice and approachable co-workers and supervisors, can sometimes be monotonous
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Perth WA6 February 2018
Coming from the fast paced fast food industry, working at Woolworths was a nice break. If you're working at the front end of the supermarket, your job will most likely include working at the register and packing bags or superivising the self-service areas. It's incredibly easy work, however, it can tend to be a little monotomous and dull.
For students especially, it is a great place to work, the pay is not too bad, and there is quite a bit of flexibility when it comes to taking time off, be it for holiday or study reasons.
Fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springbank6 February 2018
Liked my job but started a family... I worked early hours to set up the deli department during the week I worked 3-7 everyday to be home for my kids which I really appreciated
Pros
Friends
Cons
No cons
Looking for bakery job
Baker (Former Employee) –  belrose5 February 2018
I was working with Woolworth as a baker and pastry chef.i am hard working and honest person. I can work alone no need of supervision. Can work long hours.I am looking for bakery job .quick start.just moved from Australia.
enjoyed it
Produce Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calamvale QLD4 February 2018
I enjoyed working at Woolworths and probably would've stayed if i thought there was opportunities for me to advance in the near future. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with great people.
Good work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  172 Thuringowa Drive Kirwan4 February 2018
I was out of a job as a result of raising kids then had the opportunity to join Willows Petrol and loved it love meeting new people, picked things up real quickly in learning how things would work.
Cons
Hours would change before getting asked
fun environment
Deli Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA4 February 2018
a great place to learn things new always on the go always under the pump people are wonderful. fun environment the work place culture i like as it employs different cultured people and helps the disability get back into the work force.
Pros
breaks are good
Cons
enough work
woolworths i have done my work placement
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Auburn NSW1 February 2018
i have done my work placement in woolworths and it was really helpful that it made me learn how to communicate with others and its also i had a good experinace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Casino NSW1 February 2018
Excellent place to work with decent pay rates. The workplace makes you feel comfortable and majority of the customers are lovely. Working and serving people is a great aspect of the job as well as the people you are working with.
Cons
Rude customers
Checkout Operator & Deli Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 January 2018
Don't get many shifts once more new and younger people come to work. Everyone is very friendly and very multicultural. Hardest part is finishing at 10 and not being able to walk out the front door.
Fun workplace
Service Cashier, Supervisor, Night fill (Former Employee) –  Mernda VIC30 January 2018
I have worked for the company 14 years and enjoy it, I have learnt a lot along the way I have been with the company, I Have become a team leader, online shopper, merchandiser
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Great job but poor management.
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coonabarabran NSW30 January 2018
Management is terrible. Jobs itself is pretty easy and stable. Always have a job to wake up too! Company always pays on time and is reliable, so cant complain too much.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Horrific management company wide
toxic environment
SERVICE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Oxenford QLD28 January 2018
A lot of the managers in Woolworths stores only seem to be there for themselves. No manager that ive come across want anything to do with bettering employees and once you reach a certain age they no longer provide the employee with stable hours to support themselves, thus forcing them to leave the company and find work elsewhere
Pros
good job while at school
Cons
toxic environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Limited. Our community is ready to answer.