Woolworths Limited Employee Reviews

Flexible Working envirnment
Customer service team member (casual/part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA23 November 2017
Woolworths is a flexible place to work especially for young individuals who are currently in school. They offer a wide variety of job types and shifts that cater to everyone's needs.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
terrible job
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Laverton North VIC20 November 2017
Repetitive, mundane and boring work. No compensation for getting injured because they make you sign contracts to cover themselves. KPIs can be hard to achieve. Could never trust the TL as they can be quite power hungry and report you if you do something out of line.
Pros
Onsite parking, free uniform
Cons
Management, culture
I have worked at Woolworths Supermarkets for 17 years and I am very interested in a position at BWS
MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Glenorchy TAS20 November 2017
I have been very happy at Woolworths and during my 17 year duration working with them (currently still do) I have won two awards in relation to my dedication to professionalism.
Pros
Professional development
Cons
I would like to answer this in an interview capacity if possible.
Good Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW15 November 2017
my duties include packing, re-shelving, tiding, customer service an working as part of the team. You've got to know your where things are meant to be and requires a lot of standing and walking in areas where thins need to get done. A lot of packing and staking things into where they need to be and tiding shelves
Pros
long hour breaks
good work environment
Customer service, Money handling, cleaning (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD14 November 2017
I have had good and bad experiences, but overall Woolworths is a fair company to work for.I would work for them again if the right position were available.
Productive and fun workplace
Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dalby QLD14 November 2017
Working in a fast paced environment can be difficult at times but working with Woolworths has taught me many valuable skills such as time management and productivity. The workplace is a happy environment which encourages everyone to work together as a team.The hardest part of the job is working weekends and having trouble keeping that work/personal life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job is the other staff members having a friendly attitude and working together as a team.
Pros
Staff lunches, friendly team attitude
Cons
weekend work, early starts
Great.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Athelstone SA13 November 2017
Great workplace, Great staff, Great customers. Very supportive and understanding. Full training provided if necessary. Always offering extra work hours.
Pros
Very friendly.
Cons
Long Hours at times
Great workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mentone VIC12 November 2017
Woolworths is a great place for anyone to work, from first jobs to jobs for the elderly. There is training provided from the first shift and continues throughout the persons time there. Highly recommend
Great Company to work for
Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alfredton VIC10 November 2017
Loved working for Woolworths.
Management were always very supportive. Always opportunities to advance within the company.
Assisting customers was always interesting.
Really good work exposure
Service cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount druit9 November 2017
The Woolworths experience taught me a lot of skills needed to learn how to balance my work and school, gave me confidence to work in retail taught me valuable skills that I can not only use in the workforce but in everyday life as well
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
Not enough breaks
productive and fun people.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 November 2017
I would love to work there the rest of my life. a typical day would keep me busy nothing hard about the job the most enjoyable thing about work was that i had a job to go to.
Pros
free food on break
permanent part time employee (Former Employee) –  Roma QLD8 November 2017
I enjoyed working for woolworths, Staff was very nice, I mostley worked nights, The hardest part was looking after my children the next morning. Good envrioment
Fun workplace, great hours
Service Supervisor (3IC) (Current Employee) –  Granville NSW8 November 2017
Great hours providing, good workplace enviroment. Management teams well organised and prompt. Great team members to work with and Overall a great company to work in.
Poor management
Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Kawana QLD8 November 2017
Over working for 3 different managers, I am still yet to find a manager that cares more about their staff than the bonus they will get by being stingy with their budget. The only good manager that was had, was a fill in that did not have to worry about capping out the budget for the store as he already had a bonus from running another store.

All the managers that work for woolworths must have no soul, yet staff members will still attack each other for approval from a higher up.
Productive and fun pkace to work
Checkout assistant/Bakery assistant (Former Employee) –  Dalby QLD8 November 2017
Fun and easy going place to work at. The quality of the products are very good and the hours are very flexible. Staff are really easy to get along with.
Seek employment else where
Work Coordinator and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD6 November 2017
Company pays well but has lost touch with its staff. You do not feel like a valued employee but just a number. The is no life/work balance once you are on Salary. IT is made very clear that if you don't do the hours or the state roster then you can leave. It's about what the business needs not the Staff member. Salary staff are constantly threatened with losing their job.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Long hours, not work/life balance.
it was an ok atmosphere but ive heard coles is alot better
deli 2ic (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT6 November 2017
I had some issues with woolworths cause I had to have a month off through injury and I had a doctors certificate for light duties but was told there was no work for me therefore had to resign which was upsetting
Pros
the people
Cons
management
A professional workplace with supportive and happy staff just like a second family.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bathurst NSW5 November 2017
Working at Woolworth's was one of my favorite workplaces that I've ever worked in. I would start my day by signing on and greeting other staff members. Then down to the floor I would go with a smile. I learnt how to communicate with our local community members, time management skills. I never found anything to be particularly had about my position. My most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with my customers and helping make their shopping experience one in a million, with utmost professional and friendly customer service.
Pros
Approachable Management
Cons
Turn over of staff
Woolworths careers
Deli assistant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD2 November 2017
I have been at Woolworths for 14 years and and have enjoyed the opportunities and security I have had from this workplace.
I was in a management role for 2 years at the age of 18 and enjoyed my time. a typical day was structured and busy but included a lot of heavy lifting. I learnt how to manage a team and create a safe and fun environment. I enjoyed my time in management but found the salary for the hours I was working to be too little. I am a happy person so I found that there was a good workplace culture if you have a good attitude. The hardest part of the job was fatigue management , as I was loosing QOL as I was going home and falling asleep. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the lovley elderly customers .
Respectful and busy
2IC Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mawson WA31 October 2017
I like to keep busy and learning. I'm keen to have a go at just about anything. I give my all to work. I'm full of life and take people for who they are.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Limited. Our community is ready to answer.