Woolworths Limited Employee Reviews

Found 1,116 reviews matching the search
I worked as a cash register operator and shelf restorer
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD18 September 2017
Working in my role at Woolworths, I was a friendly, helpful team member that performed my role efficiently and co-operatively. I enjoyed liaising with customers and other Woolworths' staff.
worst job
Storeman (Former Employee) –  Laverton VIC17 September 2017
hard work, repetitive lifting, you will get injured then they will throw u away. Must hold the record with the amount of workers on work cover. Do yourself a favor and don`t work for them.
Pros
wages
Cons
hard work
fun place to work
Longlife Department Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 September 2017
Woolworths is a great place to work as you are sometimes working with a team or independently. Not much variety within the store, doing the same job over and over.
Pros
job security
Cons
not much variety within the job
It could have been better.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clare SA9 September 2017
I found that it was hard for me to get many shifts, the manager didn't like it when I prioritised my other job over this one even though I explained that I was getting more hours from other employment.
Pros
Slight staff discount
Cons
No hours available
Overworked
Service Cashier and Bakery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seaford SA 51696 September 2017
I over work myself and im underappreciated.
Im 20 and i dont have a life and there is alot of disrespect within the company. People take credit for my work.
as a cleaner job is one of the hard job again
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Windsor NSW4 September 2017
i used to work there part time ,
i learn how to do polish and buffing machines on big showrooms, how to use quick techniques, work environment is very busy ,i always has to finish my work on time.but this job never give me headache,really good work experience.
Solid and Highly Stable Work Environment
Produce Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandra Hills QLD3 September 2017
Woolworths taught me a lot of skills, valuable to future employment opportunities. Although often times, store management and roster management was a little difficult to deal with, making workloads difficult to complete on schedule. That being said, great, friendly staff made the work environment enjoyable.
Pros
Good, Friendly Work Environment; Staff Discounts; Good Skill Development
Cons
Difficult Work Conditions;
what i learned
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowen QLD30 August 2017
nothing that i already have it was a pretty eäsy job overall, friendly people nice customers , pretty quick job to learn not that hard... i like working in produce better though.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
standind up at cashier all day
Ok
SERVICE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Capalaba QLD29 August 2017
Woolworths is an alright place to work for your first job. Although advancement there is very extensive and would probably take your whole career life to work your way to the top there. For a big company there are a little stingy when it comes to pay and work hours and take advantage of high school leavers. Not much role diversity either.....
Pros
Tea Room, Free Lunches
Cons
Short shifts, limited hours
Great work place at Masters enjoyed my work time there
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tingalpa QLD29 August 2017
It was a great job very much enjoyed working there, great team mates and management was great.
The down side was we had a lot of sales due to the closing of masters, we were encouraged to work hard as Masters was going no where, this pushed us to work harder.
We had so many sales. I worked on the paint desk and carried so many paint cans.
I worked in garden and down stocked heavy pots, and carried many heavy bags of soil.
This all resulting in a injury to my wrist, coming back on to light duties I was not cared for resulting in a injury to my other wrist.
Resulting in 12mths loss of wages.
Informative and enjoyable.
Deli Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 August 2017
Working for Woolworths gave me extensive knowledge of customer service and working within a fast-paced environment. I also learned alot of valuable teamwork skills.
Pros
Staff were treated well.
Cons
Stressful environment.
Good
Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  SA29 August 2017
This work experience was a crucial part of YR 10 in high-school education. This work experience gave me a good understanding of the importance of customer service, working in a group with other store team members, handling cash (at a time, not on regular basis), stock filling, working well under pressure and working effectively with new team members.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Morayfield QLD28 August 2017
I didnt mind working for woolworths and was a good first job to start of with at a young age. It taught me many things. Like at first I was shy but they helped me push my confidences up.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Customer service and team work
SERVICE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Cobram VIC27 August 2017
Working for such a large company can be interesting and learning how be a part of a team within a team so large teaches you how to be a valuable employee and team member
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Long hours doing the same thing
Enjoyable workplace with opportunities to try different areas of work during each shift
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Perth WA25 August 2017
A typical day at work included speaking to many customers and serving them. I enjoyed moving between different areas during the day. For example: register, self checkout, express lane and stock. I learned what to do if i could not help a customer myself and learnt how to speak up more and be more confident in my job.
Pros
frequent breaks
Woolworths is a decent company to work for.
Part time employee (Former Employee) –  Emerald QLD24 August 2017
Typical day at work: Fast paced
Learned: Patience and customer service skills
Management: All in all pretty good
Workplace Culture: Friendly
Hardest Part of Job: Having to deal with difficult customers
Most Enjoyable Part of Job: Getting to meet people new people and experience new things
Great Training
Check-out Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD24 August 2017
Positive and happy staff, great training and overall good place to work. Extremely tidy, clean at all times. Understanding staff that are very genuine
Fun place with great people.
Cashier (Casual) (Current Employee) –  South Adelaide SA23 August 2017
The store is great, understands that I have other commitments to attend too so don't put much pressure on me.
Have great understanding of everyone there and makes sure that everyone is safe.
Pros
Free lunches, free hot drinks and amazing people
Cons
rude customers
N/a
Night-fill (Current Employee) –  Queensland23 August 2017
Company flexible on work times and works around personal situations
Competitive rate of pay
Meet a wide range of people
Some of the work can become repetitive
I loved working there because i liked retail and the fast pace.
Merchandise/Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Mirrabooka WA21 August 2017
I come in the morning check the safety books and reconfirm that the team is aware of there task.30% of team members don't take there duties seriously.Set daily task for team members and production for the bakers and see the smooth running of the business.the work environment most times great but we had our moments.The challenge was when early starting team members don't come work and did not notify me. I enjoyed my job when everything goes to plan .
Pros
We had 3 times a weak morning tea
Cons
when team players don't play there part

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Limited. Our community is ready to answer.