Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews

productive and rewarding job
Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 November 2017
This is a very rewarding job. It involves engaging with customers and helping them find the right product. The main essence of this job in service is plainly serving customers with a welcome greet and smile.
Pros
good pay
woolworths night fill
longlife assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD5 November 2017
excellent competitive salary. good opportunity for a student. I loved working here. Small team, get your work done and go. I found there was pleanty of opportunity for overtime, and the rates were excellent.
Pros
good pay
Cons
It really is a good place to work for..
Qualified Baker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 November 2017
It good place to work.. They are fair and always there to help when you need.. And they have good opportunity to move up in the company.. I do believe they do need to trian people a little better and for s bit longer to do the job perfectly..!
Pros
Free food and lunch
Cons
You can't take things home
Great working environment, safe and friendly staff
Delicatessen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany Creek QLD4 November 2017
I have learned to have motivated attitude and work ethic, a strive of success, a willingness to communicate well with others and the need to produce quality work in a timely manner.
Pros
Great work mates
Cons
Not enough roster hours
Good to shop at. Not So good too work at
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Epsom VIC4 November 2017
Very drama filled. Get guiltef into dong alot of shifts..
Some people are fine. But others mostly managers can be tough and belittle you alot.
Obviously have favourites and ignore everyone else.
Very stressfilled
Pros
Learn skills
Cons
Employees suck.
cooperative and producative company
Cleaner (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 November 2017
the place Woolworths is the place where everyone wants to work. The place is good for working. There we can learn new skills and can gain experience as well. People are paying a good salary and given all kind of facilities that they need. So overall i am appreciated with the companies policies.
Pros
free fruits
Cons
good hour upto 10hr a day
Productive and working with great staff
Team Member (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Robina QLD3 November 2017
Each day is different from working on checkouts, deli meat department, online shopping and produce.
Also done checking dates in grocery and all departments.Knowledge of food safety.
Heavy lifting also a part.

Working with in a high volume store.

Also being a department manager in deli and front end and duty manager.

Enjoy doing different departments as if give me a chance to learn and update my skills.
Pros
5 Percent discount on my shop
Not Productive
Night Filler (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA3 November 2017
I have worked at Woolworths for two years in the upcoming of December 2017. Personally, I do not enjoy this job due to the current late hours that are needing to be completed whilst I am comleting Year 12.
Soul crushing job
Night Fill Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia SA3 November 2017
Management are morons who blame anyone but themselves.. staff are treated like a number not a person unless you are brown nose,management don't respect their workers always side with customers even when staff are being threatened by rude drug affected low lives . Management need training in people skills aim at staff not customers. Not a happy working inviroment when it's the management that are disrespectful to their workers. Management always quick to tell you when you have done something wrong but NEVER say a word when you've done a good job.. I hate working here and wish I could afford to leave
Pros
Workmates friends for life
Cons
Management and rude dirty smelly customers
A fun and rewarding job
Night Fill (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD1 November 2017
I have done this job before and it is fun and rewarding.I worked at oasis woolworths at broadbeach. For 6months. I have worked in produce at woolworths as well when I was younger.
Decent place to work.
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW1 November 2017
The work itself was okay. Average expectancies but fast paced, which I enjoyed. Management were not the best with keeping up with all employees. Job was overall OK for casual work.
Communication skills
Retail (Current Employee) –  Tarneit VIC31 October 2017
By working at Woolworths I have gained excellent communication skills. love helping customers with their needs. Im contracted part-time but sometimes works 25+ hours a week. I've always accepted shifts, if I haven't I had a reasonable reason.
Negstive sad place
Bakery Assisant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood Nsw29 October 2017
I made some life long friends working at woolies but the political games played withiin the management at the store i worked in made it a negative sad place to be.
Pros
Friendships made
Cons
Long hrs
Excellent Work Environment
Groceries Assistant, Customer (Former Employee) –  Glenmore Park NSW29 October 2017
Typical day included many hours of what could be considered strenuous lifting as well as constant customer interaction and stock handling. management was excellent, very focused; working environment and atmosphere was incredible and welcoming
I hard worker and have good communication with customer
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minto NSW 256624 October 2017
I hard worker fast learner and have good communication with customer,love work with team,I have good experiences in customer service and retail baking.
Pros
30 -45 mint
Cons
work experience
Average workplace. A day of work only involve getting the task done.
Replenishment Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW24 October 2017
The workplace is very focused on the day-to-day task. There was limited time allocated to build a team connection within the workplace. The place has a very fast-paced work environment.
Poor Management
Retail Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD23 October 2017
It's not a very supportive environment to work in. Management is not very understanding with health issues and other commitments. I am not really happy about my employment there.
Repetitive and boring
Team Member (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Orange NSW22 October 2017
Management has its favourites and will not listen to anything said about them. Days are repetitive with staff getting abused by customers at least once a week. Constantly understaffed which is usually the cause of staff abuse. There is a high staff turn over but some staff have been there for 30 years. Although bullying is frowned upon it can still be found unfortunately it starts from team managers down. Good place to work as long as you don't want to stay for more than a few years.
Pros
Good work colleges
Cons
Extremely repetitive
Great place to learn and job advancements
customer service, locking up and counting money (Former Employee) –  Cloncurry QLD22 October 2017
I started working at Woolworths in 2015 and since then I have had many opportunities that I never thought I would have. The achievements I was able to experience were amazing.
Pros
Full time work
Cons
very long hours
learnt a lot of life skils
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Belmont NSW12 October 2017
Woolworths taught me life skills such as how to communicate with other team members as well taking initiative to do jobs without being asked while getting along with other workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.