Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews

Fresh products available
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW15 January 2018
Woolworth supplies fresh products to customer.Sunday is busy day of the week.I have learn how to manage and co-coperate with customer. The enjoyable part of this job is dealing with customer.
Pros
easily job
Horrible Management, Bad pay
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Karingal VIC13 January 2018
Non supportive managers, workplace bullying. Did not care about any issues I had nor did they care that I was being bullied. I was being underpaid for my age.
good working environment
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Carnes Hill NSW10 January 2018
Big store, friendly staff and fun work place. Good working environment. Flexible hours and many different back ground people working there. Good place to start a new job to gain experience.
Not a bad job particularly for younger people
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA9 January 2018
Overall, Woolworths grocery was a decent job for younger people, particularly while studying at university or tafe SA. Management were decent for the most part and the wage was what you would consider for retail
Fun place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hampton Park VIC9 January 2018
Great job with mutual friends. It was easier to interact with customers as it was face to face and in person. The team and other work associates were kind and helpful.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Short hours
Repetitive jobs cause things to get boring but overall a good easy place to work
Grocery replenishment team member (Current Employee) –  Smithton TAS7 January 2018
Woolworths smithton has a few employees that don’t listen and think their way is always the best way. But I’ve been at woolies for 2 years and it has made the job so much easier knowing where everything goes
Pros
Easy to learn
Cons
Low pay
Great team members, poor management
Produce Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 January 2018
Prepare for extreme working conditions and expectations, minimal pay, employees undervalued, poor treatment of staff. Company places high restrictions such as wage budgets, stock loss targets.. etc. Company expects highly of its workers without giving them much benefit and without acknowledging the hard work and value.
Good Workplace...Great staff
HC Driver (Current Employee) –  Driver NT5 January 2018
Work-Life balance could be a little better..they have good well-maintained equipment and do look after staff pretty well. Job security is good but there is not a lot of opportunity for role-change or advancement
Pros
Good Equipment
Cons
Nil
Fun workplace with helpful & understanding management.
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kingsgrove NSW2 January 2018
Working for Woolworths has been very beneficial to me as I have gained life long skills to assist me in progressing career-wise. Management are very helpful & will always push you to be the best you can be.
Pros
Fun, friendly workplace.
very slow sad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scone NSW2 January 2018
I found the managers were a little rude and the area was quiet. the clients were horrible, a typical day at work is very repetitive and you really need to lift your energy in order to cope with the vibe.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Given a shift or two but is it.
Deli assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA1 January 2018
Was told I would be made part time (had been there nearly two years) newbie comes in and gets part time immediately.
Management gruff and no positive comments given. No communication and no opportunities offered.
Pros
10% discount.
Cons
No advancement
fun and challenging work.
Duty Manager/ Nightfill Manager (Current Employee) –  Woolworths Belconnen14 December 2017
Working at Woolworths made me more accountable to my duties and responsibilities. It is challenging and fun working environment with wide range of opportunities within the store. Giving attention to details, working under immense pressure and performing better than expectation has always been my strength. Being a team manager it is my role to build positive culture at work place. I am working on building positive work attitude and behaviour withing team member.

Hardest part of job is to motivate those who are negative towards the job. also, building a team culture was another difficult task. However, there is positive progress towards team work and attitude.
Pros
career opportunity
Cons
night work
Busy work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baldivis WA13 December 2017
Needs a better pay rise. Many people that work there is not very happy because of the pay rate that is given to them. We need to have more of a life balance.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Bad bosses
Good to work for
Replenishment Team Member (Current Employee) –  Melborne11 December 2017
I have found Woolworths good to work for,good team but I am loooking for a change.It is a big organisation and it depends on what you want to do.I enjoy what I do but would like to do it outside of the company.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Lack of scope
Great first job
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 December 2017
Understood my schedule well and worked my shifts around exams. Although, it was hard to feel a part of the community since I was younger than everyone and would get really frustrated when I would have to cancel shifts because of compulsory school events.
Great place to be on the day
Deli (Current Employee) –  DeliCairns city9 December 2017
Over all Woolies cairns is a good place to work. Some complain about the management but I guess if you're looking for a reason to to be miserable hey why not blame something 😆I think people should go work somewhere where the work is ACTUALLY hard like all the people tuffin it out side with no air conditioning to enjoy. I think our management is pretty good considering Woolies cairns city is no ordinary store. If you got a can do attitude it's a great place to be of service to all the wonderful customers That you get to meet everyday. Well done Woolies CAIRNS
Overall not the best place to work
Deli/ hot food team member (Current Employee) –  Cairns QLD9 December 2017
Management is very poor and problems are not dealt with in the manner that they should be. Departments are regularly understaffed lowering remaining staffs attitudes and lots of things are broken and take months to be fixed.
Security and stability
Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 December 2017
Hours are always consistent each week providing stability and financial security. Little to no staff discounts or benefits. Can be flexible around work/life balance.
Work can be tiring and repetive and can come across rude customers.
Pros
Stable income
Cons
Repetitive
Workplace at supermarkets.
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Logan City QLD7 December 2017
Can be tiring, but a casual place to work along with other people, I've learnt stuff about engaging with every people and the stuff that they usually do. The most enjoyable part of the job is stock shelving, and helping with customers.
Great workplace although it has its own flaws
Replenishment Associate (Current Employee) –  Broadway NSW7 December 2017
Team members are fun to work with and for the most part, the management plays an important role in achieving work life balance. However there are a few elements in the management that can make life incredibly difficult if you’re unlucky enough to be saddled with them. But all in all, a good employer to work with. Great pay and team bonding dinners help to mitigate damaging effects of managerial team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.