WorkPac Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place to work for
Construction Labourer (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD4 October 2017
Love working for WorkPack always have work on and always helpful in finding me work . Never have trouble at jobs and always have full week of work and the pay is good
Temporary
All Round Machinery Operator (Current Employee) –  Biloela QLD10 September 2017
Good for temporary work only.
Not flexible
Placed in a job and not followed up with, This has been my personal experience only with one branch only. This hopefully does not reflect the entire company
Nice company to work for
Tracing Officer (Former Employee) –  Moresby QLD27 April 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working for WorkPac as a contractor. All the staff were friendly and whenever I had a enquiry they were always willing to go above and beyond to help me out as a contractor.
even time rosters
Heavy Equipment Fitter (Former Employee) –  Cairns QLD15 April 2017
A good team with the under standing on fulfilling a task in a safe and with in time lines .
reviewing task and correcting issues
positive commutations clear and reviewing
if you feel a job is unsafe , don't do it , stop and seek
nothing is hard about a job , the tools and the team are always close
enjoying time off with family and friends .
Pros
good life styles after hrs
Cons
long hrs
No contact
Traffic Controller (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 April 2017
Had no contact recently was good. Provided plenty of work but again it has been awhile been a few years so there would be changes in staff end clients
Pros
Once they knew your working skills good
Cons
Took them ages to call
Great Company to work for
Diesel Fitter (Qualified) (Current Employee) –  Emerald QLD19 January 2017
Great company to work for, they pay really well.
I walked in and they had a job for me to attend.
It was meant to be a 3 week contract starting 27 Aug 2016 but im still working out on this worksite till Date.
The company is great allways making sure you dont require anything else for work.
All round Great company to work for.
Pros
choice of jobs
Cons
long way away from family
had a short term with them
SERVICE PERSON (Former Employee) –  northern gold fields11 January 2017
long shifts dusty/muddy
good chance to work with employment agency
good comunications with office staff in perth
great team of guys
working away for long periods
coming home for R&R
safe workplace with opportunity for avdvancement
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLD22 October 2016
This was only a temp job that filled a need at the time. even though it was only short term I was still able to expand my experience as this company only used stainless steel and, up til then, I hadn't gained much experience with this material
helpful and a wide diversity of career opportunites
Dispatch and Modular (Former Employee) –  Groote Eylandt NT18 September 2016
Workpac are a friendly helpful work labour hire company. They search far and wide to match you to a suitable career. There is a great variety of opportunity.
Not good
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW15 September 2016
Non helpful never found me a role. Reception not interested in helping with positions of interest. Company not serious about starts. Time wasters. Filling out all the paperwork under the sun just to waste your time.
Productive workplace with friendly staff members willing to help
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 July 2016
Flexible hours with a good work/life balance. Staff are friendly and willing to help. The hardest part of working with WorkPac is that you will have to adapt to the hospital you are currently working in, so policies and procedures may vary. Also getting to know the staff and patients are tricky because of the unfamiliarity. The most enjoyable part of the job though, would be that I am able to learn different things and gain clinical skills/experience from various wards.
Pros
Friendly staff, flexible hours
Cons
Can be days without a shift
Agreat group of people to work with
MOTEL AND CONTRACTOR ACCOMADATION (Former Employee) –  Leigh Creek SA5 June 2016
just amazing supportive group of workers, making the job a pleasure to do, the most best place to work, its a remote location but it pays for itself within its beauty.....
Pros
best people to work with
Cons
Always ready for the next job
Labourer (Casual) (Current Employee) –  all Melbourne13 May 2016
I'm working as a Labour Hire for WorkPac for the last 4 months and i never had any problems with them.
Fantastic company, No pressure on the work, awesome workplaces and well managed.
Pros
1 stop per day 45 min.
Cons
never work more than 9 hours per day
WorkPac
AIN (Assistant in Nursing) (Former Employee) –  Woolloongabba QLD3 April 2016
WorkPac are a huge organisation with a lot of positions available. I worked for them for two years. Apparently I received a lot of positive feedback while working for them from clients.

I had very little contact with the management and rarely went into the office I worked mostly with clients.

I would recommend this organisation for young people who are studying it's not a job where you have career prospect.

Treated me badly after an injury sustained at work.
Pros
Flexibility of Hours
Cons
Management Rude to low level nurses
Wash Plant Operator Maintainer / Electrician (Current Employee) –  Collinsville QLD14 February 2016
At our prestart daily coal plan is discussed and a quick verbally hand over with the off going crew. Then we start our daily checks and pre monthly check sheet on all the systems in around the chpp and surrounding systems, eg stackers ,reclaimers, crushers, conveyors. Doing your trade and operating has taught me to be efficient and organised
Pros
Close to where i live
Cons
Not knowing who you"re gonna work with
Operator / Scaffolder / Rigger / TA (Former Employee) –  South Hedland WA14 December 2015
Good team, good day, bad team, long hard day..
You know who to work for, and not..
Some management I get reference off, good company, some?.. I never go back..
You always get a few bad apple's in a bunch.
Hardest part of some jobs is when you could lose your ticket due to the company would send you to do a big lift job, and give me 2 TAs.
Getting the jobs done and everyone is safe..
Pros
Take your own
Cons
12 hour shifts
I would not work for them - I would go with another provider
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Collie WA14 December 2015
Throughout my time with Workpac I had several issues with them contracting trough them in WA mining industry and to be very frank, would only work for them again if I were indeed very desperate.
*They deducted money from my wages without advising me and for erroneous reasons.
*They pay far less per hour than other providers like DT and Skilled.
*They dont pay Superannuation for every hour worked.
*They expect you to do all the documentation forwarding of onsite work - which is unreasonable as you live in a donga without fax/scanner machines.
Concreting
concreter (Former Employee) –  moura9 November 2015
I learned within the concreting business to work as a team and always communicate with each other. I enjoyed every part of my job as a concreter also meeting new co-worker that are good to work with . I am a hard working and like to get in and get the job done .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Great group of colleagues to work with
Electrical Fitter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Victoria Park, VIC9 September 2015
All trade groups consulted each other to coordinate tasks within the space to efficiently complete timelines. I worked for a work group. The host company was supportive and friendly and my application of initiative and problem solving was appreciated. Health and safety procedures were followed. The most enjoyable parts of the job were working with a diverse group of skilled people and sharing knowledge.
Pros
Good hours, good work colleagues and cooperation between all trades on site.
Cons
Access to some floors was restricted due to there being no EWPs on site., This reduced productivity because alternatives were and time consuming.
Productive and challenging.
Health, Safety & Training Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Oakey, QLD25 August 2015
I learnt a great deal about Workplace Health & Safety and effectively managed multiple responsibilities in a busy environment and identified urgent tasks, ensuring they were prioritised and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
As I am highly experienced at operating under high-pressure situations, where I have been required to carry out complex tasks within a short timeframe. I processed highly technical information, and remained calm and maintained a high standard of work when I was under pressure.
I had a couple of achievements in which where;
I was made the Site Administrator for the successfully implemented database, CMO; and I overhauled the backlog of archiving and data entry required to be entered.
Pros
Supportive Management & Team
Cons
Living away from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WorkPac. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9