New opportunities at BMA's Caval Ridge Mines, Cairns-based, fly-in fly-out, with attractive 7-on 7-off roster.
This is an exciting new opportunity to play a key role in the start-up and ongoing development of a new, high quality metallurgical coal mine in central QLD. BMA is committed to finding people who are innovative and bring different ideas to positively influence our operations and safety culture.
You will have access to new technology, equipment and systems and create a long-term career with BMA. We offer excellent career development and training opportunities, attractive remuneration benefits and accommodation in modern villages, close to the mine sites. Positions are for applicants based in the Cairns area, starting from mid 2013, and we are looking for a diverse range of candidates.
We are seeking experienced Field and Mobile Fitters to maintain our CAT mining fleet, with or without a background in mining. Experience in working with Caterpillar equipment including: Draglines, Drills, 6060 and 6030 excavators, 793 rear dumps, D11T and D10T dozers will be highly regarded but not essential.
Applicants must have the following:
BMA actively supports a diverse workforce and encourages Indigenous and female applicants to apply. This is a fantastic opportunity for Cairns based candidates please note these roles are not eligible for relocation.
- A trade qualification in the Mechanical Field, preferably Heavy Earth Moving.
- A proven record of their commitment to safety.
- Experience in machinery breakdown and planned maintenance, specifically diggers
- A proven ability to participate in a multi skilled environment.
- A desire to broaden their own skills.
- An understanding of computer based maintenance systems eg. SAP.
- A preparedness to undertake shift work.
BHP Billiton Limited is a diversified natural resources company. The Company has businesses producing alumina and aluminum, copper, energy...