Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

3M Employee Reviews

Australia19 reviews
Diversely cultured & enjoyable place to with. Many highlights in challenges we seek on a daily basis through certain expectations, that overcome with a desirable taste of sheer commitment of teamwork. There are many opportunities given to proven worthy of such value within the workforce.
Easy to learn , high tolerance between old and new worker even it's fast paced working environment. 3M pay on time every week. Even casual role , they didn't give hard time for casual.
Nice place to work with, everybody's willing to help, training provided management open for comments and willing to accept any suggestions for improvements.
I truly enjoyed my time working at 3M right up until we were made redundant due to closure. An amazing place to work with a great team environment and great management. The work was fast paced and we had job rotations every hour. They were very good with work safe practices as well
Gain more experience from former Manager, Engineers. Learned to use different kind of tools equipment, Liaise with customer, resolved all customer complains worked with outside auditors and worked as an internal auditor to make sure that all procedure are followed.
Culture is a strength here. Has a tendency to have some red tape, but overall a good place to work. I learned a lot about working in a matrix style organisation.
Good management and a pleasure to work with the people at 3M. They take the time to listen to what you have to say about improvements to the company and if you have issues outside work again they take the time to hear you out.
Pros
Canteen
A great place to work. Friendly and loving staff. It has taught me a lot of new skills which I can use for future jobs. The customers and suppliers are very nice.
Demanding matrix organisation can be a challenge to get your head around but it works. A great environment to apply your skills and develop further. You are exposed to many aspects and job functions while at the same time have the opportunity to work with great people and make a difference.
Pros
People, culture and business issues alway stimulating
Cons
Long hours and much travel
would go in an pick orders all day do putaways an do as required general cleaning unload containers whatever they needed done lovely people to work for
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at 3M?
I enjoyed the challenges presented to me.
I was responsible Daily operations to visit most stores in Qld Nambour down to Mermaid Beach. Coach train and lead team members from management to casuals
Pros
Working Hours
Cons
Using my own car
This is the great environment to work in Vietnam. I have a chance to do, to think, to share any innovation to leaders, co-workers. Moreover, I can study and understand clearly about Supply chain, how the big company has operated all around the world. And the hardest part with me is when demand is so high, supply is overloaded. Thanks to the circumstances, I have learned many lessons.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
High pressure
Good place to work but I'm going no where with my life want to challenge my self managements good hardest part of work turning up like I said good place but not what I would want to do for the rest of my life
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Dead end job
that's great place work with nice and friendly people.
got lots of experience in these 5 years to work with different companies.
A typical day at work is being out on the road visiting customers.
I have learnt how hospitals are run and how 3M's products have a positive impact on patients lives.

Management is good in the sense that you can progress throughout the company, but in terms of how the company is run, there is definitely room for improvement.

My colleagues are great, they are what makes it worthwhile coming in to work.

The hardest part of the job is introducing new products into hospitals.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your new products being used by hospitals.
Pros
Flexible work life balance
Cons
Lack of leadership
Daily operations to running 4 stores on the gold coast. Coach train and lead team members from management to casuals.
Pros
Time invested in training
I worked for 3M for the majority of my working life. Although the company has changed a lot in the last few years. It was a family company everybody new everyone else and their families. we used to have lots of family activities. People suported each other both on the job and off and many of us made life long friendships at 3M. Whilst it was a big company with a large sales and marketing force as well as a supportive administrative force the company never forgot the human side of their employees unlike today in most companies.
Pros
challenging work, company maintained car good wages
Cons
Long hours, to much paper work and written reports
I enjoyed the challenges presented to me.
I was responsible for testing,adjusting and approving products that were sold into the marketplace.

It was a very responsible role
3M is a great place to invest in, but not to actually work there. If you're a suit wearer, life is good; if you "work" there, meaning blue collar - manual labor; not so much.
Pros
coworker
Cons
management and stakeholders