7-Eleven
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Australia354 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Found 354 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,105 reviews

store management not worth the stress

As a manager of a 24/7 business you are required to drop everything if someone can't come to their shift (no compensation for overtime) and be available by phone every second of the day. So if you are someone that appreciates work life balance keep looking as business never stops at 7 eleven. They don't offer any perks/benefits that other big companies tend to offer and the salary does not reflect the amount of time and energy that goes into the job. It is also compulsory to work Christmas Day. Store support is also very hit and miss, often you will have to ask your bosses to follow up with support for anything to get done.

Cons

Work christmas day, be available 24/7, 365 days a year, no instore discounts/fuel discounts, bad pay

Place is good to work at. You get to work at other stores if your looking for more hours but got to be quick cause other would apply to work at that store. My manager was awesome and had a best team to work with

Keep to yourself alot of talking behind backs

They expect an awful lot from 1 person. No support if needed. No set shifts only for some people. No breaks at allStand on your feet your whole shift. Try your hardest no praise.

Pros

Free slurpee if your lucky

Cons

15 hours straight manager would not do it so I was stuck there all bight

On call 24/7

It’s a 24/7 business. If you’re in management you’re expected to come in at the drop of a hat. Don’t think you can go out drinking on weekends because you’re not allowed to work a fuel site if drunk.

Good pay and working environment

Good working environment. The manager and other employees are nice and collaborate. Salary is paid weekly. You would get 1.5 - 2 times salary during weekends or holiday. Major duties include cashing, cleaning, goods setting and counter customer service. T-shirt and name badge provided. You will have a lunch break if you working a full shift.

Pros

Good pay Not stressful working environment Nice co- workers

Cons

Limited working hours per week.

Fun

It was a good place to work. it is near my house and I would go every day for my part time job. Good for international students. Give out free foods.

Franchisee always poor mentality including staffs

Franchisee and staffs are use to eat bad merchant products like Donuts specially and cash sales doing bad merchant as well. Too much bad practice and influence to do me as well.

Pros

Nothing refreshment

Cons

Sometimes roster 11pm finishing shift then next shift start at 7am!

Easy going fun place to work

Love working here excellent boss and team members work environment clean And friendly easy to troubleshoot problems customer base is a wide varied help is readily available

Pros

Work with a wide range of people

Cons

Rude customers

They use and abuse you.

They over work you and there are never enough staff which leads to abuse from customers. They don't support their staff. No staff discounts. I worked for a corporate store.

Pros

Cons

too many to list here

Awesome Company

Great company to work for and plenty of opportunity to progress your retail careerAlways hours available and suited to your availability which is awesome I wouldn't change jobs

Enjoyable work place

The most enjoyable work place where you have to deal with different background customers. You surely make a good relation with the customers. Work bonuses like gift card and others while you perform well for the company

Pros

Job security

Cons

Very fast paced

It's a good work-culture, competitive pay rate and enjoyable experience

Good experience, I enjoy working as I get to meet a lot of people and solve their daily needs. I got to build a lot of connection overthere. One gets a handsome payrate at 7-ELeven

It was Great Opportunity

It was great time working in 7Eleven. I had an opportunity to work on my self. I got to know how real life customer service is. By I learned alot from Woking in 7eleven.

Pros

solo shift, either very busy or very free

I worked when it underpaid its staff so don't have any good memories of it. busy stacking shelves and watching people fill up fuel and serve at the same time.

It's a pretty good palace

I love this job, but my time table got changed so I can not continue to work there. If I can, I still want to work under a high pressure.the atmosphere of the team is wonderful.

Great part time job for students

Recommend to consider the career advancement by employing into head office opportunities. Could create many job opportunities in different sector of same organization.

Challenging work environment

Dealing with Franchisees, making sure they are inline with Company initiatives. Great promotional activity every month to help drive sales. Great offers such as Coffee, Slurpee and Foodservice.

fun workplace to learn new skills

My work at 7 eleven involved mopping the floors, cleaning the glass windows, and all other surfaces. They have high standards of cleanliness at 7- eleven, which I was able to learn having worked there. This work ethic is something that I plan on implementing in my next potential place of work.

Great work environment with friendly staff

The employee in shifts before your own make sure they have done enough work to make your shift easier. When every staff member works for each other like this it creates a healthy environment to work in and makes the store itself feel more like a second home.

Productive,Refreshment and fun at workplace where everyday we have to learn new things.

7 Eleven is one of the best company at this stage compare to other company in the Buzzorning world.i learned lots of thing like how to manage store,cuatomer like and dislike and their priority.Always to be achieve promotion and their own rules and regulation which we have to follow and remember all the time.in the store all the staff,manger and franchies manager are very kind,honest and helpfully to each together.in the night we have the task about the work also handlee the customer but not too much hard but som time its handle to hard because of situation.Lastly if we are fully energetic and posetive with our customer and with present atmosphere and then which we get result which is enjoyable part of the job.

i am enjoying there

good and reliable work, there are different shift every week, so its hard to mange ,but overall good experience . I am looking for engineering related job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• 7-Eleven