8x8 Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at
Inside Sales / Business Development (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA2 April 2019
Great people with a great culture that makes it very easy to work .
Freedom to make decision and management that is very friendly and team players.
Lots of hours to put in the sales department, but a very nice culture with training and support from all teams.
Other department employees are easy to work with with ability to get answers to questions when asked from anyone.
A warm place to work.
Pros
Lots of spiffs and free lunches
Cons
challenging prices on products.
Backstubbing Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA31 December 2018
Disappointing and a let down from what you hear. I was very unhappy for most of my time there. Corp. and field workers are living in different worlds.
Terrible place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA20 December 2018
The management is quite horrendous. They say worst things about there employees.Thirteen people in two years should give some sort of alarm that things are not well. Instead the company backs this sort of thing.
Bad management
No growth
Losing customers
Hours
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA18 December 2018
They say you'll get 25 to 30 hrs. week not true, maybe 18 to 23 or less, no matter how many times you ask it's still the same answer come December 2018. Things will change, but keep hiring new employees instead of giving the hours to us. if you need certain amount of hours for your bills forget 8x8, they also cater to the younger employees and they get more hrs have learned a lot about this store since working there I'm not impressed at all. however management is good its just the hrs. are lousy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gave up another job for these hrs, now i might have to file for bankruptcy cause I can't, pay my bills and it's hard to find another job in this state. Life very very unhappy I would not work for this co. again
A poor place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA17 December 2018
A typical day at work was standing for 16 hours at a time with little movement. The managers got upset even when you asked to use the restroom. The breaks were too short compared to the hours worked. And the hours were not flexible at all.
Good company, good people, bright future
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA18 August 2018
Have worked there for many years and enjoy the company but my role has changed without my input so I am looking for something else so I can get back to feeling good about what it is I do all day long.
Pros
free lunch, good benefits, good corp culture, treat employees well, good products/services
Cons
High stress, feel like I'm caught in the middle with no resolution sometimes.
Not very nice place to work - Very stressful
Deployment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire14 August 2018
Bigest problem for 8x8 is their buggy software. Yanks want to squeeze last penny out of you. They will promise anything but deliver very little. Unrealistic targets. Not very nice place to work.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Extra long hours
Productive and fun workplace
Data Science Intern (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA17 July 2018
The company was fairly good and It helped me improve my business as well as data skills. The people were very nice. I had to relocate else I would not have left this company.
Fantastic company for advancement
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA11 July 2018
8x8 offers a great mix of growth and stability. Real award-winning international products and services today. Amazing global expansion and innovation tomorrow. Plus, a vibrant, friendly corporate culture—and the chance to make a difference, with my unique talents.
Pros
Cutting edge global network
Cons
job burn out if you don't self manage your time commitment
Great Experience
Tier 1 Chat Support (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA22 June 2018
Love that the company took the time to teach what they wanted their customers to experience. They had a training class to give steps on how to resolve the issues that the customer would experience. The floor plan with the staff was open which made with easy to ask questions. The people that the company hired worked well with each other and were willing to work and teach one another. I felt like the people I worked with were always willing to help their team win. The most enjoyable part of my job, is I got to find some great long time friends.
People are nice, Tech is trash.
Tier II Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA13 June 2018
I did not agree with my supervisor most of the time. He was not technical so there was a lot lost in translation.The employees are really helpful. Steer clear.
Sales Engineer (Senior) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA12 June 2018
I loved working at 8x8. It is in cloud-based telecom service space...THE place to be in the telecom industry. I was given excellent resources to be able to conduct business efficiently.
Pros
Remote workers
Cons
Management changes frequently
Great people
Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA29 May 2018
8x8 is a great place to work. A very collaborative place with great people always willing to help. It is company that has grown for a small company focusing on smaller customer that has been very successful in attracting larger accounts. Now as the demands of the customers have become more apparent, its lack of processes are posing potential problems and if not addressed quickly will lead to the loss of those new customers.
Pros
great people, access to executive leadership, collaborative environment
Cons
Poor processes, QA process, employees are not always accountable, pride of group and personal ownership
Stressful work place
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury16 April 2018
Very stressed working environment. High management blame employee for their faulty voip products. this is american based company. All voip servers in America which cause lot of voip issues.
Boiler room
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA16 March 2018
Hire 10, hope 2 stick, churn and burn. Newbies are at disadvantage as few leads they have get distributed .........evenly (cough cough) Answer the phone and pray it is more than a single user
Great people and a friendly environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA18 January 2018
I enjoyed my time at 8x8. I was there near the beginning and saw it grow over time. We had many changes, both technical and administrative but there was a lot of support available.
Pros
free lunch Wednesdays Great colleagues!
Cons
Stressful at the end of the month.
Great place to work for
Advanced Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury13 January 2018
I was taken onto working for 8x8 just less than a year ago. They treat you brilliantly as an employee and I would highly recommend anybody to apply for a role there.
fun productive work place
Training Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA28 November 2017
I really enjoy working here. Great people and very dedicated to the job. Great benefits as well. Very flexible hours if you need it. i would recommend working in the training department.
Great Products
Deployment Manager / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA1 November 2017
great products, great ideas. Products not that well integrated. Management was a bit odd, not very modern, very much into all sorts of harassment. It will probably improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 8x8. Our community is ready to answer.