A&B Construction
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

25: A&B Construction Employee Reviews

3.1Work–Life Balance

Fast-paced and Interesting -- improvement needed

Strong history and some talented people make this enjoyable work experience day-to-day. High turnover creates disconnects in managing multi-year large projects.

Pros

Dedicated people, nice office, convenient location

Cons

Historically high turnover

This place was a hot mess! Needed so much work but no one was willing to give the green light in the changes needed.

A&B construction was a great opportunity at what felt like was the worse time. Turn over was and is ridiculous, employee treatment was appalling after the hiring of a new controller ( who has since left the company). Owner Is unable to let go or change. Everyone’s were forced to sit in the same chaos everyday due to a few bad apples that will always be with the company.

Pros

Cons

Company

Poor organizational structure.

This company has an excessively high turnover rate for very good reasons. They overload people with work. Have an extremely poor management and support system. Communication there is tragic. President is a micro management fanatic and behaves like he's bi polar.

Toxic place to work

Run and runaway don’t look back these people are not what you think they are! Seriously not a very good work environment management is awful the owner forgets where he came from he likes to step on the little people.

Pros

Money

Cons

You never stop working

Warning! Never work here

I have never worked at a place that has more disrespect for its employees. The management staff is incapable of compassion, empathy, or support. I would never recommend this place to anyone even my worst enemy. During my time at A&B 31 employees came and went. The upper management is bigoted, misogynistic, racist, and frankly rude. One manager in particular targets employees, humiliates them in front of staff, degrades them, makes them feel terrible about themselves and their place in the company before he finally fires them or they quit. The owner spouts off about how much he loves his employees and they are a family and as soon as profits drop marginally he fires people and lays off field staff.

Pros

The project management staff is friendly and easy to work with

Cons

Everything else

Don't ever get hurt...

They claim to a family company which they are for their own that is. You know what they say bloods thicker than water and these folks show it well. Was hurt on job they paid me under the table so they didn't have to file a workman's comp claim, then had 2 other employees lie and claim I was at fault for accident. They left me with an injuries knee that will Never be right Doctor bills out the wazoo, and lawyer can't even get enough money out of them to cover surgery. My family is in financial crisis. Going to have to end up filing bankruptcy which will probably leave us homeless considering u can't rent nor but with that in ur back. And another thing they Never not once checked on me while I was off or when had surgery. We in the south no doubt but this place is from the dirty south. But amoungest all their employees they do have 1 very well concretit man who does work for them and he's the best thing they got going for then

Pros

Non

Cons

Degrading in front of other folks, They don't brag on you for a job well done, Even if you go out of your way for them it's as if you owed it to them, for some reason, As their lake homes get bigger their fancy boats and cars, get longer with more bells and whistles while you remain, left with your hand out and pride turned inside out

We can fix anythinf that needs done biuld anything

It's a family owned company so it's pretty laid back. Work 5-6 days a week or till the jobs done. Most of the time we work from sun up to sun down. I've learned a lot from A&B construction, it's a nice place to work.

Pros

workee with good people

Cons

Drive far distanced

Workplace

A&B Construction is the type of company that promotes within the company .It also has very high standards of the job that is completed on site...willingness to make sure that customer is satified with the work that was completed.....

Pros

work hours, pay

Cons

weather

Great Company

Great company to work for all the guys look out for each other. Some days or better and faster then other but what job days ain’t like that. Dress for the weather and yu should be good.

Pros

Easy Days

Cons

Weather

What I learned

What I have learned from A&B Construction is how to put in cabnites/remodel kitchens/bedrooms/bathrooms. The most enjoyable part of the day is when you are about to leave an look back at your work an be proud of what you've done. The job did require leaving out of state for a few days sometimes weeks but it was worth it. Atleast till now they changed things up.

Pros

1 hour off your hours for lunch

productive and fun workplace at A&B construction

wondering about if your mood is gonna change when you walk into work. this is the first job i learned how to be a rigger, a boiler maker, a welder helper. i am satisfied with the management. working here is why I stayed with construction. Being careful and being safe. Getting paid every friday

Great Supervisor

Im Not sure if he is still there but the supervisor i had while working there was a great man who looked out for me as a young man while I worked there. He taught me everything I know about blueprints.

Pros

Flexible Hours

typical day

arrive at the job site climb the roof replace old singles with new. clean any trash up. .the hardest part was tearing the old roof off. the most enhoyable part of the job was break time

It was a great place to work with a team, i enjoyed my co workers. A typical day at work we would of started about 8 o clock and all worked together c

A typical day we would of started at 8 and all worked together as a team to complete our project to the best of our ability. The best part of working there were the co workers. My least favorite thingg about working there was the cold weather. It was a great job it just got to cold out. I would recommend this job to other people.

Pros

Got payed well. Enjoyed co workers and boss

Cons

Weather. No benefits

enjoyed working there

good work enivronment. steady work. fair employers. i never had any trouble with any coworkers. easy work. laid back environment.fair pay. progressive pay and possitions

Hard work is good work

Its fast in the summer but slow in the winter. The work is hard on your body but i treat it like a workout. I like learning the process of building foundations for houses.

Great Company

A&B Construction is a great, wholesome company. Great moral, respect and worth ethic. They do an amazing job with whatever the project may be. Always finish with in time and scope and the people are just fantastic.

Great emvironment to grow.

Provided a great environment to grow an improve, always provided anyone an opportunity. There was a great amount of knowledge to be shared. Work load was always manageable.

enjoyment

the most enjoyable part of my job was after i did all the cleaning and maintenance needed some days i had to paint over the old paint job on the walls which i found was very soothing and relaxing i just let my mind wonder and hand flow soon as i knew it done beautiful painted walls .

Pros

enjoyed the painting

Cons

not enough work hours

working with other employes was a good learning experiance but managment not very family orinted unless it suits them

i do not wish to discuss this company , they have many flaws in managment with lack of comunication. but the other employeys are a good sourse to learn from.

Love the outside work

Prep pipe for welders, build crutches, string pipe, swamp for boom hand , fill machines with fuel. I meet a lot hard working people and good co-workers, I believe time flies when everyone does their part, I like to be a part of a good solid team.

Pros

Good grub good wages

Cons

Being away from family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&B Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A&B Construction