A&D Home Health Care

41: A&D Home Health Care Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

The owners treat you like you are a human being. They actually care about you and your family!

5 stars. I loved it there!!! Can’t wait to go back! Everyone was nice. Very helpful. If you have a question don’t be afraid to ask. The CEO is involved heavily and she is a kind hearted person who would do anything to help you! It’s a loving family away from home.

Pros

Cons

I seriously can’t think of anything!

Ability to work at home Supervision unwilling to clarify employees questions.

Resources to properly complete your job are non existent. No support from supervision. Remote working was good. Lots of paperwork and notes to write.

Good place for a job NOT a good place for a career

Overall, my experience at A&D home health care was very disappointing. I worked in both home health care and the waiver program. I enjoyed being in home health care and the education I received overall. When I moved, I switched to the waiver program which made me view the company different. There was lots of gossip/drama with directors not involving me but involving supervisors. The best workers were underpaid and under appreciated. Towards the end, we were able to work from home during COVID-19. When I realized there was no “moving up” in the company I decided to leave. HR was unaware of my 2 week notice which I received a call several weeks later asking for a exit interview. At this time I started my new job and did not have time. After my last day, I received several phone calls from the director saying they couldn’t find my “work”. I also had to sign a sticky note returning my equipment because the director was not prepared even though I put a 2 week notice in. A few weeks later I received a phone call that they found my work. I was very upset with overall how I was treated. My gift card for staff appreciation with misplaced and nobody attempted to replace it. There was lots of broken promises especially to a loyal employee who stood up for the company. It’s a good job but not a good place for a career. The owners are not involved and don’t appreciate employees.

Overworked and low pay

does not offer incenatives for their employees.low pay, no raises or bonusesdoesn't always have PPE, often staff have to purchase own protective equipment even during the pandemic.

Cons

low pay, pca's and cna's make the same per hour

Official response from A&D Home Health Care

21 February 2022
A & D Home Health Care is not located in North Carolina. It is based in 10 Central counties in mid Michigan

No growth

Supervisors remove you from schedule and clients with no explanation although your client love your hard work ethic and personality. Even when the client don't want you removed from their care. Then they tell clients you quit the company while in actuality it's their way of firing employees.

Good Place to Start

I started working right out of high school here and this company has been great with working with my schedule at school. This is a great company to work but the wages are not enough to live off of, even after 4 years I have not gotten very many raises that makes it worth it to work there long term. Overall, I would recommend this job to people interested in health professions and need somewhere to start.

No diverity, not welcoming, not many hrs

If you were new you felt like an stranger not welcoming. You could tell the difference in behavior and conversations to the employees that wasn't new. They give seasoned workers all clients with the more hours on case and workers whom they had good relationship with and others or new staff got very few hours/ days. Very little diversity in this agency. Trainings were informative. No incentives. No more HRS upon request. Hard to make 20hrs which was an requirement but constantly say nothing available to certain people. Turn over rate very high. Im sure lack of diversity and hours shared equally even with your open availability could be an reason. Sure was mines.

Pros

Clients were awesome

Cons

No diversity, no hours, no raise or incentives.

Job Security

In my experience, A&D is a one on one type of company. Each individual that requires care is paired with not only an available aide but the management looks into who would be the most compatible companion for the client.This aspect of the companies ability and willingness to cater to the social needs of individuals will always have my respect.

Not a good company to work for

Company does not care about workers or clients. Just th money they make from medicated. Workers need Bourne doing Christmas to let them know they care

Pros

No good pay

Cons

Some clients are nice

Clients turn into family

I absolutely loved working with my clients. Most ppl I worked with were great. But you find some that you just fit in with perfectly and those are who I miss!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A&D Home Health Care?

Good Company to work and great management team.

Great place to work , management team help to coordinate your day so its less stressful for Therapist, great staff to work and therapist and assistant communication is very good for patient care.

Nice place to work

Nice place to work, staff were very friendly and knowledgeable in their line of work. Company did fun things with the staff, company picnics, Christmas bonuses, very accommodating with schedules and appointments you needed to be at. Had good benefits.

Not a good company

Poor company low hours No benefits nurses lie Poor mangment. Low pay Ni ce clients. Get taking out of nice clients get taken out for doing Nothing wrong the company N eeds to pay close attention

Friendly LPN

I think the office lady’s at my location are wonderful. The scheduler does her best to work with you! The only downfall is the same as every other home Care, the elderly are forensic hospitalized or placed in retirement homes so you can lose hours without much notice.

Cons

Lots of travel around town for a full days of work

A good company to work for

They are a good company to work for. Flexible scheduling. Friendly staff. They have pretty good benifits. They do as much as possible to meet the needs of both employee and clients

Dont waste your time

Any A&D company is not worth it... keep on looking it sounds appealing but just say no. Low pay poor upper management structure, owners are sketchy and disrespectful to the employees

A nice and productive company. Ms.Grubbs was a very fair supervisor. There was always clients and a aid could work all the hours they needed. I was never treated bad. I had respect and they gave respect. Haven't worked for A&D in 3 years so I don't know how the company is now.

Pros

We got rewarded

Cons

I never had a bad day at a&d

Patient focused staff!!

The culture at A&D is very friendly. The workers are like family. The benefits are very competitive with other agencies. I feel that A&D employs the most caring individuals they are always putting their patient's needs first.

Stressful, yet fulfilling work place.

Lots of stress dealing with under-privileged people to wealthy people in the home setting. Employer takes good care of her staff offering PTO, insurance and 401k. While working here, I have learned a lot about Medicaid, Medicare, Long-term care insurance, and resources in the community to help people. Work with people from all walks of life, all races, and environments. The hardest part about this job is the different personalities of the clients and caregivers and finding ways to make everyone "happy". The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to help people to get the care they need and deserve.

Pros

Benefits, co-workers, small company

Cons

Growing company

Cna

I enjoyed working here. I enjoyed working with my patients. They were the reason for me to keep going to work each and every day. The company itself is not very well organized.

stressful envorinment

I choose not to discuss. it was a horrible experience. I didn't like the management, the environment. the pay was low no room for improvement, huge turnover on employees and patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&D Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A&D Home Health Care