A&E Stores
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

22: A&E Stores Employee Reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

ok

The company is not doing good business at the moment, top management leadership is poor and growth is not the best but overall, they're just another business trying to stay in business

Growth

Would not change it at all.perfect place perfect time a great thank to all who have taken the time to train me as one of the best in my field. Exceeded my expectations reagarding leadership and business opportunities and related situations.

Pros

Discounts and overtime if available

Cons

Breaks were good and flexible

This company is currently downsizing and possibly going out of business

Unfortunately, this company may not be a good job prospect because the company has been downsizing and may dissolve. I enjoyed my job very much while I was there. I was able to work independently, I traveled to various stores throughout the week to work on windows, and it was a great opportunity to meet a wide array of customers.

Great company

Had great career, learn tons of experience. Was shown great technique to deal with customers and staff and any problem. Started as a porter and worked my way up to management

good

Everybody work together to give the best customer services possible. Customers come back because they love the personal treatment they receive in the store.

Manager showed favoritism and allowed certain people to do what others were not allowed to do. Trash.The company was closed down so there's that on that.

Decent Entry Level Environment

No room for growth and very little pay. Good as a first job for work experience. No employee appreciation - very old school company with the owners putting little money into keeping the company alive.

Fun place to work

I had learn management skills, how to deal with difficult customer; Even thought is a busy environment every employed helps to create a nice work experience.

Pros

Great discounts and rewards program

Cons

Reduction of hours

Friendly staff and good management

A&E stores INC is a great place to work. They are friendly, and work with your schedule. They also have opportunities to grow and move up within the company with hard work and diligence.

Pros

They work with your schedule

Cons

Lower wages

great coworkers

Great people to work with, everyone was nice and would always help out no matter the task. The work wasn't stressful and the office environment was very laid back.

Pros

great people

Cons

no benefits

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A&E Stores?

Productive and excellent work place.

We used to interview twice a week, the other days will be dealing with daily management issues at the stores, also doing reference and background checking so we could bring new associates by Friday to do new hire paperwork and assigned them to their place of work. I managed one assistant in our personnel department. I would say that the hardest part of the job was getting the right person to match the store manager and that was a challenge. it was amazing to help people to get a job and to see them succeed and achieve their goals.

Pros

Nice environment

Cons

2 hours distance from home

fun environment

We had a great team of staff to work with, and the location in Manhattan provided a great amount of diverse costumers to interact with regularly......

Productive place

This place is great place to work, it requires a lot of standing and quick thinking, the good thing is that they recommend and boost your talent to train to have an upper position which gives an employee an opportunity to advance.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

A lot of hours worked

fast paced environment, customer oriented, sales driven.

A typical day at work entails getting register system started of the for the day. Receiving, processing and allocating shipment. Helping customers, giving great customer service. Ensure that the store is kept clean at all times. I have learned to stay focus on getting things done in a timely manner regardless of time constraints.Customer oriented sales driven friendly workplace. The hardest part of my job is wroking late nights. Most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I motivate my staff to be the best, also knowing that my customers are happy with their shopping experience.

produtive

this job at first was good, however, the co worker weren't as much fun to work with. too many conflicts. only good thing is that you get discounts in store for being a worker in there

I enjoyed my years with A&E

I have nothing bad to say! Honestly I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the people I reported too. Most important was to be very flexible. My approach was always the more I know about other areas of A&E over my years there I felt were an asset to me and the company.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

worst job i had,pay sucks,no benefits

Some of the clothes are really cute for reasonable prices,but i dont think these people cares about their employees at all. the stores are dusty,they dont give us any benefits,when we get hurt on the job they dont care about their staff,they closing stores down and firing people left right and center,we dont get paid enough to deal with these rude and disrespectful customers,you dont get any thank you or a party when you retire (not even a card) they dont appreciate the people who work hard for their company at all. they need alot of improvement. they only want to pay their workers a small amount of money when we work so hard for their company, we dont get any raise when we deserve it.the registers are cheap and slow (very old fashion) needs security guards because people always stealing in the stores.

Pros

cute clothes, great employee discount

Cons

bad pay, no benefits, slow registers, need security

Great enviroment

My management team was really the ones that were on top of things. Our higher ups weren't really good with communicating with us and they barely visited the store to help us with mechanical issues. The store itself was set up very well. We did our best to keep the store very clean and organized. Everyone that worked there got along with one another, we were like a little family. We helped each other out all the time and I enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with rude customers. In the end we settled it but they can be very hard to talk with. I learned about dealing with money for deposits which was actually kind of fun. I learned how to structure a wall with clothing as well.

Pros

Great teamwork ethics

Cons

Comapny organization was terrible

Productive workplace

A typical day at work was always busy due to the fact we were located in a mall. My co-workers however, always helped make the day slight easier. The hardest part of the job was assisting rude customers, no matter how rude some are, you have to keep a smile on! The most enjoyable part of the job was always meeting new people. Most customers were so friendly!

Pros

Discounts, hour break

Cons

always busy

productive and fun workplace

a typical day at work was like any other job I learned many things working here management wasn't so great co workers were mean and all about themselves no team work hardest part was doing others people work as well as your own the most enjoyable part was getting paid

Pros

40% discount on clothes

Cons

only get a 30min break

Nice work environment

Accomplished many things at A&E Stores. Spent 17 years there and after writing over 520 programs to accommodate the business, things were running smoothly after years and as my salary increased , it just wasn't worth the money to have me there and just basically babysit a system that was functioning with very little maintenance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&E Stores. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A&E Stores
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?