A&K Railroad Materials Inc
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

14: A&K Railroad Materials Inc Employee Reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Very laid back atmosphere

No number games here. You work at the pace needed but no requirements. Don't have a certain amount of stuff to get done to be productive. The bosses are not pushy about numbers.

Pros

Laid back

Cons

No room for advancement

Zero to No Training

Lack of training with this company. When I was hired I only had 8 hours of training from the person who I was replacing. They expected you to know things that they never trained you on.

Small company with no growth

Small company, no pto time. A lot of drama. Company does not care about work life balance except if you’re upper management . Takes 2 weeks off between Christmas and new year unpaid unless you use your week pto that’s allotted per year. Doesn’t assess your performance other than listening to other employees perception of it. No room for advancement. Insurance premiums expensive with no coverage.

You never knew what was going to happen!

Putting out fires in other departments, was almost a daily thing! Lack of training for employees and middle management was their goal. If you could do the work and it was not in your job description or was in someone else's department, it's now your work! To much work for most people in that position I was in.

Pros

No pro's!

Cons

To many to list!!!!!

All year around working environment

Great company great people sadly they aren't willing to actually hire into company being that they get workers thru temp services people would actually stay working if ever paid correctly

Pros

Everything environment employees

Cons

Pay does not match job discription highly under paying and very dangerous job to perform

Great!

Great place to work. Loved the travel. Loved the hours. Good team of people. Teamwork was very important to everyone. Safety was top priority and never had an accident. Dangerous work requires extra saftey procedures.

Great company to work for.

You won't find a better company to work for they are all great people and pay is always on time I wish I could have stayed on with them but they moved out of my area

Do not recommend

Poor training and little help.. they don’t care about their employees. No advancement. Management is awful. As well as the corporate workers. So much drama and politics.. so much unexplained firing that goes on.. lots of unethical actions. It was a few years since I’ve been there but have kept in contact with many employees and know that nothing has changed

A&K Railroad Materials Inc.

I use to enjoy my job but too many bosses, and change of bosses made it hard to do my job. A&K Railroad Materials is a nice place to work but they are unorganized at times.

A great place to learn the business

They demand that you know your product, which puts you ahead of the many in the rail industry. Working conditions are tough and demanding, but you are compensated well in return.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A&K Railroad Materials Inc?

Railroad materials yard.

This was my longest job, and honestly, the one I've enjoyed most. It's tough work, out in the elements constantly, but provides decent compensation and benefits, a great weekly schedule to balance your life and the employees and management are easy to work with.

favoritism

When you join onto a labor crew! you will find that most of them are ran by husband and wife or all the top positions are family members!! This causes a favoritism! I have seen so much of it during my travel with this company!! I wish somebody would review their policy on family members being on the same crew!!!

Customer service, customer correspondence, deposits and banking, inventory checks, logging accounts payable, mileage reports, filing, data entry, expense reports, learned computer operating system, and answered phones.

forklift,

did a little of everything, forklift fixed train tracks, it was a good company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&K Railroad Materials Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A&K Railroad Materials Inc
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?