A&L Windows
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

8: A&L Windows Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews

2.8Work–Life Balance

Love the place. Good working conditions, good friendly people very helpful

Great place to work, enjoy the type of work too.Excellent canteen facilities , coffee and tea, chocolate. Early morning startsRDO's. Overtime is regular.

Pros

Free coffee and Tea or hot chocolate drinks. Overtime on week days, week-ends and overtime work is sometimes available on RDO's

Cons

Early starts, Can be noisy sometimes, must wear PPE at all times.

Just a sad place to work

This place went to absolute $#!t since jeld wen took over, over the top safety regulations, no over time. So much bullying happens here its disgusting

High turnover of staff

Very unique to work for management has too high an expectation manager sucks I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who is looking for a job good money but they expect you to work for it

Pros

Friday night drinks

Cons

Too high expectations

free bbq every month

I like the job but our family is moving and we leave far away from that place if i drive it take me 1 and 15 minutes drive but i go through tolls but the company is good people are so helpful and friendly. i have a lot of experience from that job making frames for the doors and windows.

A&L Windows Weekly Work Experience

I would arrive at A&L windows before 8 and would be doing factory work that involved me doing very basic factory work. I learned many things in this workplace, they were mainly hands on things such as preparing a fly screen, preparing the base of sliding doors and much more. I also believe I improved my communicating skills in the workplace over the period of the year through working with different people on a weekly basis. My co workers were very cheerful and positive and that helped me get through the day with a positive attitude, I seem to work better in a positive environment. The hardest part of the job would be the repetitiveness of what I was doing it seemed I was doing the same thing for the whole day. The most enjoyable part of doing Work Placement at A&L is that everyone is genuine and easy to get along with.

Pros

Stretching Breaks

Cons

Repetitive Work

Over 7 years mostly building shower screens and robe doors.

I worked over 7 tears at A&L Windows, mostly shower screen department, building shower screens, cutting glass, extrusions, training staff. Occasionally when no shower screen work was needed I would help out with the robe doors. All my 3 referees are from A&L Windows, you will see for yourself how hard, committed to the work I done, how reliable and the quality of my work was always to the highest standard.

Pros

I took pride in my work and all the installers really appreciated all my efforts.

Cons

I left A&L Windows to work full time online in hindsight that was a wrong decision.

productive workplace

A&L Windows provided me with a lot of experience with not only customers but working with others in a team, i learnt how to communicate with different customers in different situations.

Variety and diversity in delivery destinations.

Start time 6:30am. Collect incomplete orders and jockey. Leave factory for first delivery anywhere in Melbourne, Victoria or sometimes N.S.W.I learned to navigate around Victoria efficiently. How to handle windows, deal with builders and record with camera phone howand where items were stacked. Co workers changed from time to time and I learned to work with different personalities and ethnicities.I also learned where were the best places to eat on the road.The hardest part of the job was not knowing what time you would finish daily and if you would be at home or in a motel due to time constraints. But the most enjoyable part was simply being outdoors.

Pros

being outside and lots of overtime available

Cons

not knowing what time you would finish daily, and if you would be at home or in a motel due to time constraints.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A&L Windows?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&L Windows. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A&L Windows