A&M Construction
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

17: A&M Construction Employee Reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

I dont Think indeed and I are thinking of the same A&M construction...

The A&M Construction I worked for is a small family framing company. A&M does quality work and never settles for anything below perfect. They work long hard hours and frame nice quality homes.

Pros

everyone is very friendly

Cons

Hard, strenuous work

It more or less becomes a brother hood

quote On qoute? Have you ever really hit rock bottom? Well there’s mine. I just want to work with good people and say “if you love what you do, you will never have to work a day in your life” The good Lord up above is always on your side👏

Pros

Have a family to wake up to everyday is enough for me

Cons

I dont have a bad thing to say about them

Productive working and working along side friends

A typical day at work consisted of intense physical labor and long work hours. While working there i didn't learn anything new and management was awful. The hardest part of the job was the intense labor throughout the work day and long hours worked per week.

Construction company

The manager want to treat the employee like slaves and he doesn't know anything about office work or any kind of computer technology. he only cares about working hours without looking for the work value.

The work was good to come too and get paid weekly was a plus , but the management made me leave this job with not receiving all our pay

I wouldn’t advise no one to get put thru what I wen thru..I feel like it’s a job full of cons that manage it .. I had a good time working for them , honestly.

Great group of people doing a great job.

Professionals who get the job done right, well and the first time. Excellent work site safety and a good bunch of people make the work day go by fast while getting the job done.

i worked as an assistant

i worked as an assistant carrying and cleaning tools also carrying materials and supplies and i learned experience in the construction industry the hardest part of the job i would say is that i had to do everything at a very high standard the most enjoyable part of the job was that i earned experience

Pros

lunch break is long

Cons

very hard work

Productive work environment where you can learn something new everyday.

Working at A and M Construction was a work environment where you can learn something new everyday because of the different tradesmen that are on the job. I was able to increase my skill level while I worked for A and M. They were different skills that you had to utilize everyday. Some days I hanged drywall, assisted in framing, drywall finishing, painting, putting down tiles of all description, plumbing, and vast array of duties that the job called for. So, I liked the work environment very much because it allowed me to utilize my various skills.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No healthcare

Construction off the books

Sometimes pay on time, other times wait. All off the books, no holiday pay, no benefits. No 401k, SS,or taxes. Very nice when you are needed, until the last pay period. Then disappears until you are needed.

productive fast pace hard working

Good job when working love the fast pace hard work when worked slows down way to sporadic. To much time in between jobs when we have a job may last max 3 weeks.

Pros

Good hard work accomplishing work

Cons

breaks are few if any

My time with A&M Construction

Working with A&M Construction was rewarding for myself. It finally gave me a sense of relief really. I felt comfortable working with everyone and it helped me grow as a person. I never thought I would be good at carpentry because I thought it would be to hard to learn. The first day I was ready to quit, but I kept telling myself "you'll learn" and sure enough I did. I enjoyed getting up early every day and going to work, I finally found something I love to do. Now mind you I had rough days, days I would be frustrated because I felt like I couldn't get anything right, I'm hard on myself, if I feel like I didn't do the job perfectly I got upset with myself I wanted the job to be perfect, every time.

Pros

Great team workers. I loved getting up every day and going to work

Cons

I had to leave them.

fun work place

it is a great job you get to meet different people and it keep you busy which is a good thing it makes the day go by very fast but the boss is very fair he treats all of his employees with respect

Pros

the pay is very good

Cons

its not steady work

Fun and happy team of people that likes to help and build things

Getting to work about eight in the morning,i would learn how to do different things.it depends on the job we were doing that day.

Pros

Lunch was my bosses treat everyday

Cons

long lunch breaks

hard working work environment

The best part was the co worker where we would have friendly battles for whom would finish the fastest.

Location to Location,.

Most of our Hours was in driving time,. when we did get to location it would be a single trip,. and then we would be heade to rig back down.

Bad experience working with this company.

Every employee and boss were very lazy and negative. supervisor was very irrisponsible and unreliable.

Very productive and nice place to be employed

I enjoyed my time at A&M while I was employed there. I was always busy doing something productive while working at A&M.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&M Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A&M Construction
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?