A&S Construction
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

16: A&S Construction Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Ran heavy equipment

good company to work for, if you show up work hard and get your job done everything goes as planned. I also learned to be humble at work and to respect your authority

Great Place to Work

A&S Construction is a great, family owned company who respects life and work balance. I would highly recommend. They are all really friendly and do not believe in overworking you.

Management is insecure.

This is one of those places where they won't pay a fair wage and you are put down for doing a good job. They don't want you to know very much because they start to feel threatened and everyone tries to get under each other's skin constantly. If you think you deserve a raise, be prepared to hear "you're not there yet, you have to pay your dues first, there is no money, you need to learn your place". The management has a very poor knowledge about concrete, yet they remain cocky. Working there was an embarrassment.

Pros

You work outside

Cons

They've turned putting each other down into a sport.

The company is located in the five boroughs. They can wall paper, paint, garden, and build just about anything.

The company is really united like a family. They help one another and understand life circumstances. They work hard to build everything themselves as a team and as a result their work is beautiful. I would recommend working with them. Even being that I worked separately I still felt very close but it was my time to depart and find my own route.

Pros

Family oriented

Cons

Real hard labor

N/a

My boss was very dishonest My boss was very rude Poor management Horrible pay No benefits No paid vacation I quit working here because my boss was very dishonest and very poor at managing also my checks were counterfeit

Cons

Best company i ever worked for

Management is very respectful and they help you learn and are patient to teach the industry and if you have family they work with you alot give you and your family great benefits

Pros

Work is always new and exciting

good ethical skills

Good work environment respectful always learning something new the hardest part of the job is none if your a hard working citizen. the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things new places and people.

Pros

free lunch weekends

Cons

short breaks

Excellent work environment

Working there provided me with Operator experience and the training was excellent. I would recommend using this company in any asphalt required jobs..

I am totally biased as I and a friend started this company together.

A&S Construction was a company that a childhood friend and I started upon my return from active duty in the U.S. Army. We started off with a van and a few tools, but grew to two dump trucks and several trailer dumps that we used for our demolition and clean-up business. We became well known amongst the local contractors for our superior and affordable services, sadly we had to dissolve the company after nine years of dedicated service to the construction community.

Pros

Built the company from the ground, received many accolades from peers and customers, enjoyed being my own boss.

Cons

Very long hours and late nights, disputes over contracts with some customers, no health insurance.

Excellent work environment

Supervisor gives precise work requirement for the day. At A&S you are always encouraged to learn and improve product for the customer

Very productive

Very fast paced office environment. Owner seemed nice over all. Not a lot of training provided. Had to learn QuickBooks on my own.

Pros

Healthcare

Cons

Fast pace

Micro Management

The work was easy but challenging at the same time. Family owned business, used to care about their employees Liked the co-workers and enjoyed the work but Dealing with the micro-management every day was just not worth it

Pros

Steady

Cons

Micro-management

horrible all the way around!

no benefits, no nothing but running you into the ground. you can work 60 hrs a week and they don't compensate for travel time, food laundry or gas.

Pros

Cons

terrible forman, worse bosses!

not a suitable work environment.

Terrible place to work for. Management is non existent, I learned nothing and a typical work day included getting worked to death, screamed at, and treated like dirt.

Cons

entire job

I love construction but its just not stable enough for my families needs.

There have been 2 stages of my career at A&S Construction.I started working as a laborer for my dad when I was 15 and honestly he was a difficult man to work for. He would demand things from me that he wouldnt from others but I suspect in any family business thats a normal occurance.When my friends and classmates were at the beach Id be lugging plywood and 2x4s up 40 foot ladders with my dad screaming about being too slow and other verbiage thats unsuited for this forum.My younger brother took over the business when my dad got older and I was working full time in credit and collections but I always had a part in the business during Summers and weekends.We work well together and have had a lot of success in the industry.This current recession has hurt all of us but we have a great reputation in the business and manage to stay busy 10 months a year.What I love about construction and landscaping is come the end of the day there is evidence you were there, nothing makes me prouder than viewing some of the homes I have framed over the past 30 years and seeing many of my customers raise their families in structures I have built.

Pros

working in a team environment with family and close friends.

Cons

competetion from illegal aliens, cost of workmans comp and insurance, cold winters, back breaking work.

great educational expirience with a good working enviroment.

there was different tasks on a day to day basis covering new builds to renovations and alterations. the most enjoyable part of the job was at the end when u looked at what you acheived in the period of time you had.

Pros

great educational company

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&S Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A&S Construction
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?