A&W Restaurants
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A&W Restaurants Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

I can't go to school

It's supposed to be part time right? Why can't I go to school? I work 35-40 hours a week which is more than the rest of my coworkers who don't go to school. I took a year off so i could help my boss while they trained new employees but they refuse to hire anyone else. I feel like I'm being used as a crutch when I'm already stressed out cause of college.

Terrible and overwhelming training before you even start

The training was the worst I’ve seen. They expect you to get 100% on every quiz when you are just learning. Plus it’s over 15 hours of training, it’s time consuming and you only get paid for 3 hours of your time. You need to get the training done before you even start the job.

Pros

Cons

Didn’t even start

Fun workplace but poor management

When I started work here the first owners didn’t quite know how to run a business. After a few months though we had new owners that bought the company, team meetings were held often and opportunities for raises were given out. My co workers knew how to make the workplace fun while working productively.

Pros

Free lunches, raise opportunities, flexible schedule

Cons

Getting paid on time

Manque de respect de l’humain.

L’être humain est considéré comme un numéro, une machine. Il serait peut être temps pour certains employeurs de comprendre ce que veux dire : être humain.

To many don't treat you good

Last place I worked in Bracebridge for 3 years didn't even give me my last pay of over 200 and they had all uniform back they left buns out all day to lazy to pull in so sea gulls would peck at bags I did 4 to close mostly always left for me

Pros

Never got free meal

Cons

Wrong people as team leaders

Better than your usual fast food job

Job itself is fairly easy. Once you pick up the menu and the system you’re good. Had good management at my location so that really helped. If you have a good crew you get along with, shifts can be almost fun. Worst parts being when buses come and you’re slammed for 20 minutes. Most of the regulars are sweet older folks, and some even tip! Good for if you’re in school. However you will probably smell like burgers for a while…

Terrible management but i can not speak for all a&w

I do not recommend. The management were very unprofessional. The environment was toxic and overall the experience was definitely not worth it.

Red flags

Worked at the A&W in Morinville for seven months, the first couple of months was fine a couple of hiccups here and there but whatever. And then the management issues started, schedule gaps where people weren't working for up to an hour, never knew when I worked because there was two different schedules or because it wasn't published until the day before, I had to practically beg for time off, no one liked working there.The building itself is falling apart and during the heatwave in 2021 there was no air con. My coworkers were amazing people but honestly, you'd be better off working at Sobeys or Dollar Tree

Fun site

Have fun with your family vacation and stool your life with your family vacation and stool and stool for the use Reply you will not have to pay for it for a twelve year or two months and I was wondering what I would be doing to make it work schedule for the use Reply is to make it a bit easier for you based upon your own decisions on how you want a place and a place that is not what time are yall you will not have to worry and be a little late for the use Reply and I need to

Boring

As a first job, I would recommend it.But the job is actually boring, and pay is really bad. After getting the experience that you need, get another job

Great starter job

Worked here as my first job. Great starter job. Only left because of accommodation issues. I have feet problems can't be on my feet for too long. Did not have issues while working.

Bad and I wouldn’t recommend.

They don’t know how to pay at this job. The employees doesn’t know how to communicate with one another , they aren’t fast enough. They switch up your job. Example: if you work there for a month the job you wanted they will have you working that job until after a month or two then they will have you doing another job you didn’t want to do. Last but not least when miners get paid it don’t be the right payment. If you suppose ta get paid 10.00 an hour they pay you 9.00 .

Pros

Valuable food

Cons

incorrect payment

Pretty Good Job

I want to preface by saying I like my job. Coworkers are great and I love the regulars. However, as a young employee I feel like I don’t get enough flexibility for hours. I either get way too many or not enough. Tips are okay but getting paid under $5 an hour makes paychecks pretty much worthless. If you’re looking to make a lot of money this isn’t the place. Otherwise it’s pretty great for now. I plan on working here until I finish high school and college if I get enough of a raise. I’ve been here for three years and have gotten 2 raises.

Pros

50% discount, Good management, High standards, Friendly coworkers

Cons

Double shifts, Lots of manual labor for little pay

Fun work place , mostly amazing team members

It can get stressful at busy times but for the most part everyone works together to try and defeat the rush. The boss will always try to work around your schedule as long as you let them know.

Good place but working is stressful and even pay is minimum.

Its a good place but working so hard and being paid just minimum with no stat pay on holidays is heart breaking, only some people are good. Rest just take advantage of you. Take care.

Easy place to work

Very good job while in school, very flexible schedule and fun coworkers. You can usually work whatever shifts you would like. Shifts tend to go by fast due to busy atmosphere.

Former employee

Good place. Paid decent good management good co workers flexible good hours I don't know what else to say but this wants one hundred and fifty characters

Semangat Kerja dengan melayanai custamer

Semangat bekerja memberikan point penting di sela aktivitas ku, dengan peraturan dan S.O.P yang sangat dijaga ketat dan kenyamanan dalam bekerja

Pros

Berkerja dengan team sangat seru

Cons

Terlalu banya tekanan

Good for quick money if you can deal with the stress

Didn't get vacation pay and god screwed over many times plus I was drugged by a customer and wasn't sent home. So it's a pretty shabby company or at least the person running the establishment

Pros

40 percent off food

Cons

Customer attitude and fast paced and no support for staff

Bad Taste

This place has been awful for the past year I’ve been here. The people suck, co workers can’t make a burger and management is unresponsive? It’s crazy!!

Pros

Free food

Cons

A moderately okay stepping stone job

This was a wonderful place to work when I first started but with five manger swaps in one year as well as covid breathing down our neck it just wasn’t worth it for 14.25 Many many checklist to get through per shift though breakfast will always have a shorter task list to get done and many times in the evening shift were left to make up for morning shifts incomplete task sheet (folding/rolling cutlery, washing dishes, cleaning grills and kitchen countertops, checking/changing soda syrups) co workers made it okay but when they left I had to go too worked there for almost three years and the new management never knew what was going on who was coming or going

Pros

%50 discount on food, Flexible schedules

Cons

Long hours, No backing from management on policy issues, (most times with customers who the policies are for), Extra work completing overdue task lists

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&W Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A&W Restaurants
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?