A-Gas

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance
2.9Job Security & Advancement

Company experience

The company has year since established, staff is welcoming. Work is interesting the chem eng of refrigeration. Latest systems and utilization of my skills is not adequate

One of the worst jobs I've had.

Extremely high turnover rate, and for good reason. Lots of favoritism. Poor management on the plant floor. Day-to-day goals were unclear. Extremely low pay for what is required, and only told to you only after you get hired in (certifications, 608 EPA, test, DOT certification etc) Now room for advancement or growth. Never learned anything new or felt challenged. Dead end job.

Growing Company with lots of opportunities

A-Gas and Rapid Recovery are growing and offer great opportunities to grow personally and professionally in all areas. The management team has an open door policy and truly cares about employees.

Pros

Being a part of a growing company that is helping the environment. Competitive wages and benefits.

Great Cultural

A-Gas has great values and truly believes in developing and growing their employees. Managers are very approachable along with the people and cultural team. I really feel that my voice is heard. Its great having a work/life balance. As an operations employee they give plenty of notice when overtime is mandated. Also when you have to work a weekend they will give you plenty of notice. I started as a temp employee and as discussed moved to a full time role within the time they stated.

Pros

Clean, management, growth, benefits, Pto

Cons

Short lunch

Great culture and great people!

A-Gas is a great place to work. I have been with the company for almost 3 years and there have been so many great learning opportunities for me in my career. As we are growing into a larger company, we still have that small family feel and I don't think that will ever change. A-Gas has done everything they can to help it's employee adapt and stay safe during this pandemic. The pay is competitive, the PTO is generous and the overall benefits package is excellent.

Pros

Generous PTO, work life balance, 401k matching

Great Opportunity

Best workplace culture I have been a part of. Everyone makes you feel welcomed and a very family like atmosphere. Management is always willing to listen and make changes. Work/life balance is wonderful. Rather then my manager getting upset she always walks me through what could have been done different and listens to suggestions. Great growth opportunity! Always promoting from within!

Pros

Benefits, Paid time off

Not great, would not recommend

Upon applying the company gives a good impression that it cares about you and your progression but you soon realize that is just smoke and mirrors. Hard work is not recognized let alone rewarded and the employee of the month is an absolute joke where you can win it for having a nice smile but if you make a big difference you don't even get considered. Company makes you jump through hoops for any sort of pay rise but undercuts you at every opportunity offering low-ball salary advances with the excuse that you haven't displayed enough evidence to warrant any more even though you have consistently gone above and beyond. Job opportunities and promotions are based more on where you sit and who you brown nose than it is through recognizing and developing talent. Leadership team are egotistical and unapproachable, there is no strategy or direction. They set an unrealistic budget for 2019 based on nothing more than their greed as they are due to get massive bonuses from the investment company if they could achieve a certain amount. They made investments in several sites in Europe, one which is little more than a field which needs at least 3-5 years worth of development and expected it to start making money after a few months. They have been happy living the high life, jetting off across Europe at every opportunity, spending £500+ on meals and renting out Land Rover's and Jaguars for company trips but have expected everyone else to make cut backs and cost save. Their poor decisions and impatient nature has led to 11 people being made redundant during a month where the company had made -

exciting and every day different

very good company , but recently been made redundant due to product fall in sales across Europe , would still be working there if it wasnt for that .

Highlight of my career so far!

Pros - Has a start-up feel to the company where each person’s contribution, no matter how small, really matters - The onboarding process is excellent and HR is so helpful - Really supportive atmosphere - Willingness to innovate - The colleagues are clever and fun - Amazing social atmosphere, you bond really closely with your colleagues - You can help influence major change and have a big impact in future programs as there isn't a really strict hierarchy, people want to hear your opinion - Always something to do and learn - Pay rises and promotions are widely available Cons - A-Gas has experienced growing pains and needs a time of taking count of what they've got and keeping staff engaged - Dispersed staff across 4/5 offices in Portbury/Portishead Keep up the good work and keep in mind that your people are your best asset!

A good place to start your career

Very stressful performance based pay structure, need to follow instructions very carefully and meet target sales goals all the time. Company management is alway changing with high turnover frequency. So working smart in figuring out what top management is thinking is important to work here. Overall speaking a good place to start your career, but hard to reach your long term career goal here.

Pros

Company is making profits

Cons

High employee insurance contributions

not good

would not recommend for anyone who wants to climb the career ladder as there is a severe lack of opportunity, management are confusing counteracting what the others say and communication on a whole is very poor

Exciting training package,warm people to meet.

Rapid recovery is a new venture added onto A gas, and still finding its feet in all respect. Very good companyvto work with, contractual condition still evolving.

Great location to work overall company a little shaky

A-Gas is a great company to work for. Make sure you have a plan B though. One day you can have a job and they give you a raise and the next, they are closing your location and will not transfer you to the new location because you are not "up to par on your processes".

Pros

Free lunch, Cool company activities and trips

Cons

Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A-Gas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A-Gas
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?