A-Gas

A-Gas Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance
3.5Pay & Benefits

I feel appreciated that they have time to hear feedback from their employees.

Work at A Gas is busy, I receive A-GAS Cylinder. My time at A-Gas has taught me the C Track system. Picking up the gas cylinders over 350 pounds is what I find most difficult about this job, A-Gas doesn’t offer good benefits and has poor management. But has flexible hours and good working environment.

Growing Company with lots of opportunities

A-Gas and Rapid Recovery are growing and offer great opportunities to grow personally and professionally in all areas. The management team has an open door policy and truly cares about employees.

Pros

Being a part of a growing company that is helping the environment. Competitive wages and benefits.

Great Cultural

A-Gas has great values and truly believes in developing and growing their employees. Managers are very approachable along with the people and cultural team. I really feel that my voice is heard. Its great having a work/life balance. As an operations employee they give plenty of notice when overtime is mandated. Also when you have to work a weekend they will give you plenty of notice. I started as a temp employee and as discussed moved to a full time role within the time they stated.

Pros

Clean, management, growth, benefits, Pto

Cons

Short lunch

Great culture and great people!

A-Gas is a great place to work. I have been with the company for almost 3 years and there have been so many great learning opportunities for me in my career. As we are growing into a larger company, we still have that small family feel and I don't think that will ever change. A-Gas has done everything they can to help it's employee adapt and stay safe during this pandemic. The pay is competitive, the PTO is generous and the overall benefits package is excellent.

Pros

Generous PTO, work life balance, 401k matching

Great Opportunity

Best workplace culture I have been a part of. Everyone makes you feel welcomed and a very family like atmosphere. Management is always willing to listen and make changes. Work/life balance is wonderful. Rather then my manager getting upset she always walks me through what could have been done different and listens to suggestions. Great growth opportunity! Always promoting from within!

Pros

Benefits, Paid time off

Not great, would not recommend

Upon applying the company gives a good impression that it cares about you and your progression but you soon realize that is just smoke and mirrors. Hard work is not recognized let alone rewarded and the employee of the month is an absolute joke where you can win it for having a nice smile but if you make a big difference you don't even get considered. Company makes you jump through hoops for any sort of pay rise but undercuts you at every opportunity offering low-ball salary advances with the excuse that you haven't displayed enough evidence to warrant any more even though you have consistently gone above and beyond. Job opportunities and promotions are based more on where you sit and who you brown nose than it is through recognizing and developing talent. Leadership team are egotistical and unapproachable, there is no strategy or direction. They set an unrealistic budget for 2019 based on nothing more than their greed as they are due to get massive bonuses from the investment company if they could achieve a certain amount. They made investments in several sites in Europe, one which is little more than a field which needs at least 3-5 years worth of development and expected it to start making money after a few months. They have been happy living the high life, jetting off across Europe at every opportunity, spending £500+ on meals and renting out Land Rover's and Jaguars for company trips but have expected everyone else to make cut backs and cost save. Their poor decisions and impatient nature has led to 11 people being made redundant during a month where the company had made -

Great bunch of people to work with

Everyday was a joy to come to work. I enjoyed my responsibilities & the people I worked with. The managers are very responsive and open to suggestions.

Pros

Benefits, paid time off

Great location to work overall company a little shaky

A-Gas is a great company to work for. Make sure you have a plan B though. One day you can have a job and they give you a raise and the next, they are closing your location and will not transfer you to the new location because you are not "up to par on your processes".

Pros

Free lunch, Cool company activities and trips

Cons

Poor management

Productive and Efficient working enviornment

I enjoyed my time at A-gas Americas although I wish it didnt end as it did. The people that work there are very nice and friendly and it is a very healthy environment to work in.

Pros

Free lunches during meetings

Seems like a great place to work

Salary is contracted in so that's always a bonus however once you scratch the surface you see how inefficiently it's ran. with lack of communication blatant waste of labour and man hours you're always expected to go above and beyond for little reward employee of the month is blatantly rigged to whoever management likes that month because it's been the same people who continually earn it warehouse staff are just mostly acknowledged for shortcomings rather than good work

Pros

Bonuses every 3 months of %2 salary not fixed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A-Gas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A-Gas