A-Plan Insurance

49: A-Plan Insurance Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

A great team and manager make this place a great place to work.

A fast paced, fun place to work. The workload can be challenging but once you know what your doing it can be easy. The days can be repetitive but the different types of clientele break it up.

Steer clear

A company that promises everything but offers nothing. The company expects more and more from you with no additional benefits. The communication is terrible and employees health and well being is very low on their list is priorities.

I love my job

I love my clients and colleagues. The role I do is varied and gives satisfaction with most of the role not keen on out bound calling but it has to be done to try and grow the business

Pros

Good manager

Cons

Can be stressfull

Not the best place to work

Management was pretty poor during my time there. They also used a lot of old working techniques and had no career progression available for staff members.

Relaxed and rewarding

Each day can be different in terms of activity like all jobs but the people I worked with made the job what it was. Once you understand how to do the job it was easy. In my opinion it was repetitive however like I said it was the people who made the job fun.

Fast paced

Very fast paced environment, busy day to day office life, good place for young starters, management seems to be not necessary understand people requirements regarding work system.

Amazing Team

Loved working for A-Plan (IT) The it team was amazing and we all worked together really well, The mamanagment was a lovely bunch. Didnt want to leave but needed to due to a move

Productive workplace

Working for Aplan insurance was mainly stressful, however this was mainly due to management and I feel other branches would be much better to work for. The training provided was fantastic and really helped when stepping onto the shop floor.

Pros

Training

Cons

fast paced, stressful but positive enviroment

working as a customer service advisor for A-Plan is all hands a=on deck, all day, everyday. It is a very busy and stressful environment and is very client focused. A-Plan and all the managers I have encountered do their best to ensure clients receive brilliant level of service and that the staff have a good time in doing so. I do feel however that due to the work volume, there is little room for intricacy. There is no time to double check and ensure things are done correctly which is where I struggled most. any mistakes/errors then come back to you for you to resolve which can be very embarrassing if you need to call back a client and a lot of the time it could be avoided if you weren't rushed in the first place. Overall, I had a good experience although it does have it's downsides.

if you like to be treated like your at achool, overworked and undervalued as well as being micro managed then A Plan is for you

08:30 to 5:00/5:30 45 min lunch. if your 30 seconds late you may as well have a detailed debrief of your morning up until said late arrival. I worked as an insurance consultant and as a manager. constant tail chasing. Avoid!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A-Plan Insurance?

Horrible Place to work dreadful company

Aplan is most definitely a company to avoid if you're looking for a career in insurance. The company is very old fashioned and is stuck in its ways. The attire is very strict with white shirt and tie. Management treat staff with little respect you are just a number. You are under constant pressure to meet targets that are unachievable. Micro management is a serious problem and you are treated likes children at school. Avoid avoid avoid. My fellow colleagues were the only saving grace however we all felt the same.

High Intensity

A-Plan has been a fun place to work, mostly due to the other people that work there. The job role itself can be stressful, and if you are not on track to meet your sales targets you can be put under some pressure. It is a competitive environment depending on the department, but you generally have individual targets to meet.

Would recommend looking elsewhere.

Main negatives were hours, 8-6 monday to friday (contracted 9-5:30) and supposed to be 2 in 4 Saturdays 9-12 this turned into 8-1 pretty much every saturday. Had to book holidays for things like doctors appointments and even bereavements. Not a good place to work if you have a family.

Simply ‘meh’

Head office is awful and seem to want to make your job as hard as possible and give little support. Lots of very nice people and my boss has been very nice to work for. He has been very understanding of personal issues and tried to help as best he can. However, this does not change the nature of the job itself and it has good days but they are fee and far between.

Pros

Good fun colleagues, slight room for progression but not too much.

Cons

Poor salary, extremely bad management from head office and bad working Saturday as well.

Fun workplace rewarding

Buzzing atmosphere (Branches Vary) great culture, fast paced, energetic. Management good. Only Issue a new system that has been transferred to that is not fit for purpose. IT is he hardest part of this job.

Pros

Great Team Spirit. Good Management and training.

Cons

Computer systems.

A great company to work for!

A-Plan Insurance is all about internal progression and development of its staff. If you are looking for a career to further better yourself and increase your knowledge of the insurance industry A-Plan Insurance is the employer to choose! They have a fantastic business model and puts its clients needs at the heart of everything they do in "making insurance easy!"

Pros

Great opportunity for internal progression and promotion!

Cons

Great place to work and grow

Typical day at work for most is office based and dealing with incoming inquiries for quotes and dealing with renewals of multiple types of policies. Extremely professional environment, and having worked at multiple offices the staff are positive and operate with a supportive 'hands on' approach from management. Management are always keen to promote from within and are interested in developing staff and recognising talent. A-Plan demand 100% application to your work and rely on a mixture of good initiative and being a good team player. By product of hard work, results are hit and the job becomes very enjoyable. You will be asked to work some Saturday mornings.

Cons

Working Saturday AM

Productive supportive place to work

A typical day at work starts with prioritising your work load e.g. Renewal contacts, processing renewals, taking calls from clients and providing advice or information regarding their enquiries, I learned how to find to best policies for clients with the various tools at our disposal. Using new computer systems, Management are very approachable and hands on with development Work place culture is of a very high standard extremely professional. Hardest part of the job was the commute Most enjoyable part the rapport with the clients and colleagues

Pros

Training development

Cons

Great place for a career with progression & training

I have worked for A-Plan for 18 years starting at the front counter working with motor and home insurance. During my career with A-Plan I have always been encouraged to think outside of the box and any new ideas discussed with my manager and developed where possible. I have progressed through various niche insurance teams and am now an assistant branch manager. I have always been happy to be at work and enjoyed each of my job roles that I have been in over the years. A-Plan only promotes from within when appointing their assistant managers and branch managers. This is good as your manager is always able to understand work levels, pressure and the job that each person is doing to provide support during the working week. I would recommend working for A-Plan to anyone looking for a good career with opportunities for progression.

Pros

Career progression, personal development, friendly working environment

A Wonderful Company To Work For

In house progression with a great network of people helping you make the most of your career. A-Plan will help you get where you want to be within the company. It is a great place to learn and gain recognised qualifications within the industry of which A-Plan pay for and support you with. The culture is very friendly as we all work for each other and pull in the same direction to have a successful working day It is great to know that the majority of the higher management began life dealing with day to day clients so can relate to real life situations. A great place to work where a career can flourish. It is a pleasure to go to work.

Pros

Fair & honest company where the world is your oyster

Cons

None really

Excellent Employer

A-Plan is a great company to work for with lots of opportunities available to progress and develop your career across the branch network. The work is rewarding and enjoyable with a strong emphasis on doing the right thing for both clients and employees.The company is very supportive when it comes to your own career development. I would highly recommend working for A-Plan.

Pros

Supportive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A-Plan Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A-Plan Insurance