A-tech
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

32: A-tech Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Flexible schedules and fair pay

I love working here. If I need off for an important event, dr appointment, or sick kid, they let me off with no problems. I can go home when I finish all of my jobs.

Best trucking job

Honestly, you won't find much better in OTR regional trucking, and I've been around long enough to know. As long as you don't mind some physical work and being on the road M-F.

Pros

Paid nice hotels, paid food, great wages and management.

Incredible Company to work for.

Great People to work with. Excellent benefits and ethics.This Company has a great Leader and Managers.Excellent pay, PTO and Medical/Dental Coverage.

Pros

All good All pro

Cons

No negaties

Good company

Great people simple to work with not very complicated Straight and direct kind of work, go to the attic drop the lines get the fiber right and then come down and do the terminations and put the wall plates

Welding

It was an easy place to work and learn. Left there for more money somewhere else. I would go back to work there. Starting pay was reasonable. Weld test was easy

Mostly remote isnt always a good thing.

Easy work. back stabbing trainer who is insecure of his job so he tells a lie saying I was hard to get along w when I never said a negative thing. Trainer didnt have epa certification, charging blended refrigerants as a gas, which is a huge no no. Also he is a parts cannon. All he does is call tech support to trouble shoot for him. Replaced 3 coils and a compressor when fridge just needed condenser coil. EPA should be on them like white on rice.

A-tech was a fun and productive place to work, but the pay was not great.

A typical day of work, if you are in adult education, is working with the students. I loved the work, interacting with a variety of non-traditional students. Lots of room existed for creativity in executing lessons and ways to interact with students. The only downside was the pay, and the organization's inability to hire instructors full-time.

Garbage

Poor management - self-explanatory Back stabers - self-explanatory Cameras babysitting - self-explanatory Racists - self-explanatory Prejudice - self-explanatory

Worst Driving job EVER

Low miles, low pay, high turnover, PLENTY of unpaid “required” job duties and Poor Management. Do yourself a favor, skip this road bump in your driving career.

family, friends owned business

good place to work, friendly people, has a family based work environment. Its one of the few places I have worked where the owners work along with you in the shop. That of course has its upside and down side, The main down side is not having them on the floor as far as the boss looking over your shoulder type, it was more of a work space problem, they have a small shop and work space was sometimes hyard to come by.

Pros

down to earth people in charge

Cons

was not the best health care

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A-tech?

In all it was agood company to work with.

Friendly involvement, learn a lot fast paced work place. Management was a good well managed program as far keeping up wit hours, putting the right people and crew together.

Pros

Good people and reasonable lunch break.

Cons

Hours that was worked

It’s a great job because you learn something new everyday, But lack of pay

I learned how to fix game. How to clean games Properly. My A-tech manager was great The is the Technician, that’s my boss. I also have a store manager boss. He doesn’t to much kow about the games.

Pros

Free food

Cons

20min lunch break and 10min break

Very nice job.

It was a very nice place to work. Nothing too stressful or anything I can honestly complain about. Management is very involved and helps out without micro-managing. Very good team effort and teamwork.

Pros

Located in downtown DC.

Cons

Traffic isn't the best in the mornings or evenings.

My work environment is always very busy , not much conversations

A typical day at work starts out with a rush with a lot of installation to be done. So far I've learned a lot about the different types of wires and what they are used for , I also learned how to program and operate a default remote.

Pros

Not a lot of pressure

Cons

Short lunch breaks

Productive, highly respectable, wonderful place to work

A-Tech is a proffessional yet comfortable enviroment, well managed. Much time on computer, with email being pertinent communication with all departments, as well as meetings. Truly learned how effective team work is. Warehouse/inventory is active, and enjoyed the investigative challeges when an issue might arise and satisfaction in resolving.

I loved working at A -Tech, I was always busy and love the work environment. Great pay and always given opportunity to pick contract jobs I wanted to do. Would still be doing it, but got injured in a car wreck.

Pros

Loved every day worked with a lot of good people.

Cons

Lots of paperwork and records to report.

managed different clients. Different task every day

Had different clients with different network environments. Ranged from 6 users up to 75 users. Setup Domain servers and security policy for schools and offices. Dealing with different budgets for IT did all the purchasing. Set goals for the company and staff. On call 7 days a week. Purchased and renewed firewall and security appliances. Managed staff and organized IT server rooms. Designed and implemented IT layout and all low voltage cabling. Managed backup and servers remotely and locally.

Pros

Great way to learn and teach different products from different vendors.

Cons

Many hours a week sometimes over 60 to 70 hours.

Network engineer / technition

Checking email for new contracts, then off to the jobs at hand. Kept detailed record of materials and scope in order to finish on time. Took pictures and wrote a report on each job and called in to get a time out number. Worked with CEO's to get specific's on job. Designed networks for restaurants, banks, medical offices. Turned in all required information about job and a signed release form from business show job was completed.

Pros

Work on my own

Cons

Could not take all the jobs I wanted and lots of paper work.

Great work environment and place to grow enthusiastic and ongoing challenge daily to continue and develop a career for the better.

Self employed and very flexible hours

I would hand out business cards from 6am to 6pm. I would make house calls and provide technical phone support. Install, repair upgrade, software and hardware on PCs, Laptops, Tablets, and Cell phones. I learned great communication skills. I learned about new technology and software which is how I stayed up to date with today's new technology and software. I managed myself and a few other technicians. My coworkers where all great smart people. The hardest part of the job for me was doing my inventory which I have gotten used to. The best part of my day / job is seeing the look on a clients face after i recovered some deleted sentimental files such as a picture or seeing an end users expression after I completely repaired their broken computer.

Pros

I made my own hours and took a two hour lunch break

Cons

A lot of long nights, no 401k, and no benefits package

Not a good place to work

No benefits , Do not keep there words, Short change you on Davis bacon jobs and send you on road trips with little to no perdiem. They put you in sleazy hotels. Workers are very un knowledgeable.

Pros

40 hrs

Cons

no room for advancment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A-tech. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A-tech