A Child's Place
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A Child's Place Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Fun workplace

A child’s place is a great center to work at. It is family base center. Everyone makes you feel welcomed and the employees there are awesome. Only down side is the long breaks.

Pros

Great management communication

Cons

Long breaks

Unfair pay and not clear with resposibilities

They put a bit too much pressure on me after giving me minimal training and expected me to do things that were not in my job description. The work-life balance was great the work day ended at 6:00 pm so there was plenty of evening time. The pay was not fair for how much work we were doing.

Okay

I worked here for a year with a variety of ages. The kids were great, but I often felt more like a tool than a valued employee. I once ran a fever at work during flu season and they wouldn't let me leave until I finished vacuuming each room. I had multiple occasions where I felt like if I had to call sick or miss class for college the next day I'd get judgy stares or people whispering about me. Very catty.

Pros

Great kids, good pay

Cons

Disregard for employee's feelings/health.

Engaging Work Environment

Great place to work! Most of the staff are amazing to work with, and management is always doing their best to keep their staff and kids happy. Great place to work!

Pros

Flexible Schedules, Reduced Child Care

Cons

Kids are crazy sometimes

Fast Pace and Hands On

If you’re looking for a challenge, you’ve come to the right place. I hope you’re great at multitasking and can handle constructive criticism. Nothing says thanks for all your hard work like a pizza party with less slices than workers.

Pros

Great Teachers

Cons

Management and Low Staffing

Understaffed

Most days I leave work wanting to just scream. The children in my "class" are out of control most days and often times there is definitely not enough employees in a room to handle the amount of kids there are when the majority never want to listen. We can only do so much and when five kids are running back and forth screaming around the room and there's only two teachers trying to control not only them but the other 11 children it doesn't work, and it seems like management isn't recognizing that.

I love fact thag everyone worked as a team but very little room for advancement

Everyone work so well together that felt like we all one big family. The only bad thing since it smaller daycare there was very little room for advancement .

Play Favorites

This place was a great place to work when I started. In the years I was there, I found there was a darker side to it. The manager sleeps around, and when you are not one of her favorites, will make your life very difficult. Pay reductions when you are doing more, forced to work on holidays in order to get holiday pay, even if you are full time and were promised holiday pay. but only if you are not one of the favs. Hires people that should definitely not be in control of children and not listening to complaints about those people. I would never send my child to ACP. They are not supervised properly at all.

Pros

Decent hour opportunities, love working with kids.

Cons

No breaks, no benefits, no managerial support whatsoever. .13 cent raises?

Kids were great

Management definitely had favorites, pay wasn’t all that great, and usually needed to stay and work past shift. The kids were great though you are guaranteed a smile and laugh with the kids.

Pros

The kids make you smile

Cons

Pay isn’t great

A Child’s Place

● Work-life balanceA Child’s Place is very mindful of your own life and schedule.● OverallThis daycare has been around for decades and you can definitely since the culture and how much the teachers and workers care for the children that attend there.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A Child's Place?

Decisions by Management Actively Endanger Children

In this job I witnessed 2 counts of child abuse. The management allowed the perpetrator to remain working in the 1 year old classroom for the duration of the state investigation. On multiple occasions they made me work in the same classroom as this person (they knew I had witnessed her multiple assaults, and still decided this was appropriate). On multiple occasions the management team publicly referred to my “allegations” as gossip, and publicly insinuated that I was spreading the gossip out of personal vendetta because I am a “mean girl”. Yes they used those words to describe my reasoning for making allegations of child abuse. I later found out that they DIDN’T REPORT MY ALLEGATIONS TO THE STATE CHILD ABUSE HOTLINE, which they are LEGALLY REQUIRED TO DO. Luckily my co-worker reported it. The center also did not have cameras, which is a major safety oversight. The management team DOES NOT CARE about the wellbeing and safety of children. They do not care about their employees. They only care about making money and about protecting themselves. Additionally the executive director and CEO decided not to hire a director for the center. The center was run by the assistant director, who did the director job, assistant director job, and was in and out of classrooms. A pathetic excuse for a childcare center. Actively endangering children by choosing to protect their own interests.

Cons

Terrible management

Small family owned

This is a family owned 1 location childcare center. Management really does there best to make a schedule that fits your lifestyle. They are kind and compassionate. The only problem is there is really no money in childcare unless you work for yourself. Not the fault of the center just the way it.

Part time

A Child's Place is a pre-school that offers morning classes. Thus, it serves as a part-time job. The education system is in place and well managed. With this, teachers are able to focus on the student's progress and development.

A Child's Place

Money is the most important motivation for the owner. First Impressions are always good, but very fake. Staff's needs are not priority, and neither are the children's. The director does well, but the turnover rate is extremely high, even for a childcare center. Simply not ran efficiently. Classrooms are not given proper materials without it coming out of the teachers own pockets, Art and sensory supplies are not restocked barely ever. If there is a financial mistake in the center's favor, it is intentionally overlooked or avoided as long as possible to avoid paying the differences. If a financial mistake is made to the favor or a parent, full reconciliation is demanded, regardless of the center's misinformation to the family, which lead to the deficit. Favoritism and discrimination of employees by the owner is common, although hidden under surface excuses rather well. Owner is an efficient business woman, but not with the honesty, love, and sincerity I would hope for in the childcare industry.

Productive place, also fun being around the kids.

Working at A Childs Place was a very productive job. It kept me busy and on my feet all day, which made the day go buy so much faster. Being around the kids and co-workers was also another great part about working here.

Pros

off on major holidays, teacher lunches( sometimes).

Cons

they dont really have benifits that you need.

Interaction with the teachers and children.

Good communication with the teachers and parents. The hours can be flexible. The rate of pay is not the highest. The facility is kept neat and clean.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

Not always having enough staff coverage.

Not for the Families

The center is not about children and or families. DCF codes are broken and employees are taken advantage of as far as being not able to leave after shift to cover else where or be threatened to lose your job.

Terrible plave to work

Honestly the worst place to work. Was written my up first year because I refused to paint radiators with latex paint a plastic bowl and a one inch craft brush. That's not my job sorry. Admin treats staff terrible, they are dismissive and rude. They are always out smoking as is child care staff leaving those of us (ME) that dont smoke stuck inside with 10+kids unable to go to the bathroom because were always out of ratio. This place doesn't care about children either. And the staff is very petty and always out to get another person. I quit because of how unprofessional this place is and because staff talked behind my back too much for my liking they are poorly staffed poorly maintained and the classrooms are always cluttered dirty. Also they have people working for then that have no childcare background

Overworked and underpaid

The company is severely under staffed resulting in long hours with little appreciation of the work. Staff typically young with little experience. Immature work culture, poor benefits, under staffed, poor incentives, little respect.

Loved it!!!

A child’s place was a fabulous place to work. The teachers and staff are so helpful and knowledgeable! The Children and their families are amazing as well!!

I enjoyed working with the children

I enjoyed working with the children! The Co workers were pleasant to work with!! I didn’t want to leave but my mom was sick and I was over 30 minutes away if she needed me!! I needed something closer to Tarboro and to her!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Child's Place. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A Child's Place
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?