A Divine Event
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

16: A Divine Event Employee Reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Always something new to learn

Lots of designers to learn from over the last several years, the management really works with everyone’s schedule and doesn’t mind working around your availability, all kinds of decor, not just flowers

Cons

Most work is for weddings so you don’t learn other floral designs

Great place to work!

All in all super supportive environment and the people there were super helpful when I first started out! The work is hard but great for a side job for a little extra cash.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Short breaks

Not a productive environment

Management horrible. Chef incompetent and people skills of a rock.. not alot to say,always chaotic and disorganized, chef,sous Chef never on same page. Management team wouldn't own the constant problems. The top people just ignored or passed the problems of, but never resolved....family business and chronic problems with no intentions or desire to be accountable.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Bad management

Enjoy the atmosphere and the people I work with

Management is stressed and put too much pressure on us to perform perfectly with zero mistakes. Management is uptight. Atmosphere is upbeat, coworkers are friendly. The job makes me feel good about making a bride's day perfect.

Professional Catering Service

This company is one of the most diligent and white-collar catering services that Georgia has to offer. I’ve worked over three years with this company and loved there service for a decade. The hours are flexible and a nice part time job.

Management rocks!

The management at A Divine Event sets a friendly and positive work environment. I have to say my favorite thing about working for that company isn't just the friendly, accommodating staff but also the recognition the management gives for hard work!

Pros

Flexible schedule

Great Place

Job Work/Life Balance Compensation/Benefits Job Security/Advancement Management Job Culture I must say they exceeded my expectations and it was a pleasure working for them

This company gave me the roots of my creative expression.

I started at A Divine Event at the tender age of 21 as an apprentice. Through hard work and dedication I advanced in both skill and knowledge to eventually become the company’s Creative Director for my 15 year career. Together we partnered with Atlanta’s own Q100 radio station to participate in a live auction that raised over $50k for terminally ill children by auctioning off 2 upscale couture weddings. Everything I know in business and personal growth, I learned from A Divine Event and it’s team. Thank you Divine Family for all you have done 🙏🏻

Pros

Excellent training

Cons

Few Weekends Off

A divine event

Working at A Divine Event sometimes requires you to work quickly and at other times work slowly. I was a dishwasher and I enjoyed working with the other people there. However, some other workers were very rude.

Certainly a lot more work for the pay

I was paid $10 an hour which can not possibly match the demands of our current economy. On top of that the work environment wasn't very welcoming ....

Pros

free food sometimes

Cons

short breaks, low pay

One of my favorite jobs ever!

I truly loved worked for ADE! If a FT position was ever available for me, I would take it in a heartbeat. Training was thorough, the staff was fun to work with, and it was a great learning experience.

Fun place to work as a part time employee.

I have thoroughly enjoyed working for A Divine Event over the past 6 years. It has been a great part time job while I have been in School. I have had the opportunity to work in many several different positions, such as, waitstaff, bartender, and event manager. The management team are very nice, as well as my co-workers. We all work as a team in order to guarantee a divine event for our clients. The hardest part of the job would have to be having to work in extreme elements from time to time, such as, extreme weather conditions and walking long distances to load in and out for an event. The most enjoyable part is having the opportunity to work at different venues all over Atlanta, and being able meeting people from all over the world.

Great Company, Great People

I loved working for this company. Everyone from the President, to the the Executive Chefs, to the Event Managers, to the awesome guys that handle all the logistics are extraordinary. Very professional, warm, family environment to work in. Everyone loved one another and it was evident in by how flawlessly they performed their jobs. We worked very hard, but it never felt like like work.

Pros

Great family work environment, encouraged to continue our education, many opportunities for advancement within the company

Cons

Jobs fill-up fast, because everyone loves to work

loved my job

very family oriented place to work, everyone has been there at least three years learned a lot from here and even my courage to take the next step

Pros

free lunch and cool co workers

Great team to be a part of and good work environment

It's not an easy job. Learning how to pull off a beautiful catered event from set up, serve, and breakdown is exhausting. However, the managers love what they do and the coworkers are cooperative and usually friendly. The most enjoyable part is experiencing the different venues and watching clients enjoy the event. The hardest part is being on your feet for hours and the schedule inconsistencies. Some seasons boast more scheduling opportunities than others.

Great Sous, great co-workers, mediocre recipes, out-of-touch management

Hours at this job are very sporadic to say the least. Favorites are played when it comes to pay/hours and it shows. All the hourly employees treat each other like family and the Sous is a great leader that is taken advantage of by his superiors. The Chef de Cuisine is unskilled, bossy, and poor educated and hardly ever present. She sits as the head of culinary. She also gets most of the recipes from magazines and web sites with out tweaking them to make them the company's own. The owner is clueless to the employees needs and morale and could care less.

Pros

sous chef is a great leader.

Cons

poor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Divine Event. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A Divine Event
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?