A Gomez Ltd
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

26: A Gomez Ltd Employee Reviews

2.4Work–Life Balance

Wouldn’t recommend

Not a very good place only if your face fits and if management likes you I have been here for 2 and a half years and still not been put on salary but everyone else has been and certain ones are treated differently

Poor senior management, to much involvement of customer in Gomez business

Poor leadership and a strong them and us culture. Slow at paying expenses back, office unpleasant atmosphere, poor staff benefits even after probation period

Pros

Company car

Cons

Lots of travelling

There i worked for 3 years. That was important due a crucial moment in my life. I am grateful for that job where i met new people and friends. I probably should be still working there if i had a chance to learn new skills.

Pros

4 days off

Cons

Reduced oportunities to learn new skills

Okay

Not the best not the worst it’s okay if your face fits as the managers have there friends who they let get away with anything the days off the good but things need to change

Pros

Days off

I do not recommend.

Tactical and immoral behavior of managers, physical exploitation, low pay, privileges for the lazy, constant stress, chaos and psychological tension, abnormal work schedules and abnormal working hours, no bonuses and no employee support.

Stay away

Top management - dreadful. Speak to staff like they are something off your shoe. Care for people doesn’t exist - current virus issue- no social distancing, people not working at home. Weatlth over health!

Pros

Going home

Cons

Going to work

stresfull

All team leaders and supervisor are rude, raise voice for employees and stress people. Managment is okay but a lot of private problem they leave without solution.

They need you but don't know

Because there are a lot employees speaking their foreign language, sometimes they behave as were living in their own Country . They are still learning about our Country's culture but it takes time. We are training about what to work as a team means, then give a chance. Join us!

Dont bother

Horrendous place to work poor management poor standards. You start with an induction takes most of the day it's long and tedious most of what you learn is hygiene funny that because there a distinct lack of it your told you must wash your hands on entering the production site some do most dont especially the management it's one standard for them one for anyone who cares enough to do it. There are a number reasons not to work here really struggling to think of one pro but I really cant.

Terrible

Days are long, terrible working conditions, the work load is too much making the job very stressful, low pay and not enough staff The management is very unprofessional

Pros

The days off

The perfect job

It was my first job and it was the perfect one for me, because i learn a lot of things: - to be in a team and work as a team -to help outher people -to be determined -to talk with people and explain them what to do -to motivate people

Pros

Big breakes

every day stress. discrimination is constant. everyone gets the same money. some do light work, others do hard work every day. if someone cannot or does not have time, then an idiot will be put in his place who will be in time. advice came to gomez, be smarter pretend to be an idiot, let the real idiots work

Pros

Free extreme

Not a good place

Long days never knew wot I was doing no speaks English Mangers talk like scum to you no safty at this place it a joke Do not work here also thay don't even know when you finish work time and expect you to do more than 12 hours a day

Good workplace

I have worked at gomez on rota 4 on and 4 off which gave me enough time to rest after Long days shifts. I learned how to work as a team and under pressure.

Pros

Pay on time and christmas bonuses

Do Not Work Here!!

Packing staff and warehouse staff are treated as second class citizens. HR over payed considering everything gets done at a leisurely pace. Do Not work here unless you are desperate and even then, keep applying for other jobs so you can leave there as soon as possible. Luckily I only had to work there for three months. Not surprised they are constantly advertising for staff,as Labour turnover is that high.

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Senior Management, pay, No chance of Progression

Tiring,Boring and Fruitless

Hard Work getting everything ready for the line. Big responsibility with high chance of something going wrong. One evening I was in the stores doing the stock count and caught warehouse staff stealing. So the next day I told the Warehouse Management and they said "dont worry about it, I'll deal with it". To my surprise when I came back from Holiday, I caught them doing it again. So this time I went to tell Human Resources and they said it wasn't their problem and weren't interested. Then I told a senior manager and he investigated. HR and warehouse management said I never mentioned it to them and unbelievably, I ended up getting disciplined for Lying! My advice is stay away.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Unreliable Management and Futile Human Resources

Forced to stay until work is done but not always paid for it!

Worked in G3 loading lorries, which is the end of the dispatch process, so if you make any mistakes you're stuffed. A couple of times I sent a few boxes to the wrong depot, ended up getting it in the neck, even though I always stayed until everything was done but never thanked or appreciated. Office staff always making changes to orders but were very slow at notifying G3 so we would have already loaded the lorry when they told us about changes. Meaning we would have to unload whole lorry, which would be a big set back, meaning we would finish late regularly. What made it worse is that H.R. wouldn't always pay overtime and it wasn't worth trying to rectify it, because they were just a waste of time and weren't very pleasant to deal with.

Pros

4 days off

Cons

HR staff, office staff and all management

Just a Stepping Stone

Poorly managed and organised. Warehouse and pack house managers expect to much. There are always problems. If you ask management to sort something out, you don't hear back from them in a month. Missed a family trip because my holiday was messed up. Human resources also messed up my pay quite a few times. I queried it and they did nothing.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

long shifts

Very hard-work, Lazy management and useless office staff

pay is OK. Management from CEO down to supervisors are lazy and so far up each others backsides they can't see there ankles. HR are useless, always takes ages to get holiday sorted out, and if you chase it up they talk to you like you are a piece of dog poo.

Pros

free parking

Cons

All management and HR staff

Productive, fun, organised workplace

Great company, well managed, good team environment, flexible working hours, friendly staff, good work ethos, limited progression - now looking for new opportunities.

Pros

Well Strctured

Cons

Distance to travel

Physically and mentally exhausting

Badly managed from the top down, the work is strenuous and poorly paid compared to other departments. Zero opportunities for progression. If you're related to management you'll do just fine, if not be prepared to be given all the awful jobs. Work colleagues that are there don't seem to do or understand much so be prepared to pick up after them and do their work for them with your own. A Gomez has a very high turnover of staff and after working there for 3 years I can see why.

Pros

Not minimum wage

Cons

Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Gomez Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A Gomez Ltd