A New Leaf

A New Leaf Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Fulfilling

Fulfilling place to work but please do not expect a good salary. Great coworkers a managers that make it worth it to work there. Simple and fulfilling job.

A fantastic nonprofit to work for, but it's definitely work!

This is a great place to work and the management really cares about their employees. The only real challenge is that everyone is so busy, especially management, that change comes slowly and with great effort. This means its easy to come in and do a good job, but if you enjoy shaking things up, you'll face some roadblocks. As long as you enjoy the work you do, this is a great place to work. They did a good job supporting employees through the pandemic too.

Pros

Good work culture, generous time off for longer-term employees

Cons

Pay could be better, and benefits could be improved.

Extremely mismanaged programs and squandered potential

While there are advancement opportunities, it all comes down to who you know rather than what you know. My program has been mismanaged to the point of not being viable. Only now that we are close to the point of no return does the CEO take an interest in the troubles of this program. We have lost so many fantastic staff due to incompetence of program management, retaliation and frustration due to a hostile work environment. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the high turnover, low morale, and lack of support from the agency. The most enjoyable part of the job is the teammates, and our direct supervisors that advocate for us, but ultimately get overruled.

Pros

Some of the benefits, great teams, flexibility.

Cons

Lack of support from agency management, culture of fear and intimidation, high turnover, low retention rate, callous disregard for staff, incompetent/uncaring management.

Lack of management and effective supervision

Not a terrible employer but the pay was terrible and management was basically nonexistent. I worked at one of the shelters for over a year and only ever met one person from the admin team.

Fun and Rewarding

Amazing experience and welcoming work environment. There was never a moment I felt underappreciated for my efforts and we were always acknowledged for our improvements. It is a very hands on job and you just jump right in.

n/a

the job itself is fulfilling but management underplays covid and do not respect your days off. No hazard pay is given for working with cOVID positive clients

Keep looking

Management has preferences. It’s great working with the clients but I wish we had more support and came together as a team. I didn’t receive a raise in my two years working for them.

Awful management and no supervision

You’ll never go anywhere working here. The supervision only hires within their friend circle and that they don’t provide anything for their staff as far as tools to succeed. This company has made zero progress in years and will continue to do so.

Company needs to be more professional

Management is very unprofessional and talks behind your back. Favoritism is a problem here.Very disappointing and disheartening.Management could definitely work on their people and soft skills.

Pros

Work hours

Cons

Everything else

Although the pay was a little low, that is what you find in most social services jobs. Co-workers were great and i enjoyed working with clients. If this job had paid more or had better health benefits i would have stayed.

Pros

nice co-workers, friendly management

Cons

benefits and pay

Amazing team, leadership and benefits.

Best team atmosphere and onboarding/ continuing employee development I have experienced.Community and public health is never a cake position, but ANL sure does make every day as sweet as possible, truly caring for both community and staff in wh

Cons

High stress and demands from field experiences.

Don't work here

Management does not listen to their employees. They only offer part-time and they underpay their unemployees lying that that are paid fairly. When an issue arises with a coworker or supervisor, they either turn a blind eye and do nothing, or they don't get the full story and do something drastic like fire you. As an employee you cannot speak your mind or they will fire you. The only good thing about this job is working with the kids. However, there is never enough supplies and the programming is terrible and not meant for their age groups. If you want to work with children who need help, choose a different organization to work at.

Pros

Good co-workers, rewarding work

Cons

Poor pay, not listened to or appreciated, hours, stressful, not supported

Drama drama drama

Lots of drama with the workers. Very moody people even the shift mgrs. The kids are a lot more fun than the adults. One of the oddest places Ive worked. Lots of odd clicks with the workers, just a really weird vibe in this place. It was exhausting mentally and emotionally to deal with on a daily basis. The best day of work was the last day of the camp.

Working with ORR Clients has been such a great blessing and rewarding job. I feel blessed to be able to work in this environment.

Working with ANL ORR program has been a great experience thus far. It is a great company and I have learned so much about working in an ORR shelter. I have worked with children of this age in the past, but not in this type of environment. The hardest part of the job in my opinion is when clients leave to be reunited with a family member.

Poor Vision and Lack of Professionalism

I interned at a New Leaf while working on my BSW. The staff working to support DV victims was uneducated, unempowering and actually did more damage to the psyche of the people receiving services. I was shocked that the managers allowed staff to wake up clients in the middle of the night and chastise the clients for not "doing the dishes" or cleaning their room. Really? Middle of the night? When I complained about it, I was let go. Good Grief. There was little mentoring which explains the crazy shenanigans.

Having experience in the healthcare field is key

r field experience is key...wanting to help people less fortunate than you is also important... empathy for others is high on the importance list as well

Avoid like the plague!

The staff here are so rude!!! The COO treats people horribly. I have personally witnessed her talking bad about other leadership members including the CEO. She is very two faced and nasty. The director over all the programs is inappropriate and should be more mindful of what he says especially in the era of the MeToo movement. The kids complain they are in a prison. They are treated terribly with no regard for health and safety

Assist rebuild client lives with new skills and ongoing support..

Each day was a new, rewarding experience. The job taught me patience, extensive behavior management, behavioral health situations, AZ judicial system and flexibility. The workplace culture was laid back. It was rewarding assisting clients with a challenging future.

Pros

Free lunches

Not for Profit

There are hard workers there who strive to make the world a better place, but pay and hours can be difficult to make work for a full time job and livable salary.

A great non-profit

A very positive place to work. There is a strong focus on giving back to the community. The population my department serves are people in crisis. Specifically people who are experiencing domestic violence.

Pros

opportunities to grow

It's outpatient

Very fast paced, did not feel supported by management but had the best clinical supervisors. I was unlicensed at the time of working there but had the best co-workers that I still call friends to this day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A New Leaf. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A New Leaf