A TAVOLA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

A TAVOLA Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

great managers, nice team to work and grow with

An amazing Italian Restaurant. Fresh pasta is made every day with high-quality products. The staff is friendly and competent. Management meets halfway with the team member requirements. Opportunity to grow. Wine training provided. Complementary staff food.

Pros

almost everything

Cons

long hours/not so great salary for full time staff

Great work environment with amazing food

A Tavola is a great place to work. I learned more working there than any other job I've ever had. Everything on the menu is hand made and sourced for the best local/organic ingredients.

Pros

great team. hi-quality food/bev

Cons

you are gonna eat a lot of pizza

productive and fun workplace

A Tavola restaurant is a nice Italian restaurant located in Darlinghurst where you can choose to eat in the large main communal or to have your own table on the others rooms. All delicious food is homemade and typically Italian, and the staff is amazing and friendly. The hardest part of the job is try to make happy all customers in a busy day where may you must send away someone because is fully booked.

productive and high energy workplace

I would spend each of my shifts (8-10) hours on my feet tending to customers and other co workers' needs. I learned how to being in two places at once basically, being that sometimes I would be the only staff on the floor but also have to be in the back tending to stocking napkins, condiments, etc. I was very close with my managers, known them basically my whole life. The hardest part of the job was attending to several tables at once by myself, but it was nothing that I couldn't handle. I loved speaking with the customers and getting to know them as regulars.

Pros

free dinner

Cons

no breaks

Beautiful patio dining,limited menu

Set up and break down of dining room and patio.Talk with Chef to get counts on menu items and specials.I how to do wine profit/loss spread sheets.You are responsible for the guest from the moment they walk into the restaurant until they leave.

Pros

You are your own boss

Cons

menu very limited

No benefits, messy management and lot of pressure

The add on indeed is a complete lie. $30 per hour doesn't exist unless busy Saturday with tips. Commission is a lie. Doesn't exist. The owner always tries to make you believe he is giving you a lot but there is nothing there. No benefits: no insurance not even health, no holiday, no reward. Only thing is good tip on a good week end. Inexisting management. Tried to change things or make efforts but the owner doesn't recognize anyone's opinion or respect anyone time and thinks he's always right. But obviously not because business has been tremendously down. I was warned when first came in. Warnings accurate. Owner won't pay but wants you to do all his small things he doesn't want to do, saying it's part of your job. But trust me paid 4.95 an hour, no benefits you get tired of it.

Pros

Customers and some employees are nice

Cons

Pay, Owner, Pressure

Management is supportive, lots of room to grow in the company.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at A TAVOLA?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A TAVOLA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A TAVOLA