A World Fit For Kids
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

16: A World Fit For Kids Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

It’s ok

Good first job to get your foot in the door or working with kids, but the pay sucks and they don’t even allow you to complete a full 20hrs a week. Kids are the best part, the company overall is not so great .

Not worth the stress!

I gave YEARS of my life to this organization just get the boot when I chose to set boundaries. They want to pay less, yet ask for more. I was dumb enough to spend hundreds of dollars of my own to make programs better, and gave endless unpaid hours. Not worth it!Management sucks! The CEO has no clue about the community they serve. The company pays for her personal car. WTH! The director associate is the biggest bully you will ever meet, who gets raises all the time to her convenience. There's great people who are there! They do the best work, yet management takes advantage to the fully. They tell you, you are valued but will never celebrate you. I am speaking for many!

Pros

The kids :)

Cons

Management!

Lacks & insecurities

How can you do A job, if your co worker consistently interrupts you with the responsibility of picking up their slack & the slack of other coaches, but reporting you as if they didn't hinder you from your own responsibility. Also, hating on you, mad because they lack the authority that you possess with the children, so they respond to you more respectful than they respond to them.

Stressful work environment

- bullying and management hates dealing with conflict - hardest part of the job was feeling that I had no support - was not taught things for me to improve and potentially grow for future jobs

Fun and exciting to work with the students. Just not through this organization.

I enjoyed working with the students and almost all the staff is amazing at what they do. Unfortunately this company needs to work on stopping harassment, and playing favorites. That’s made my coworkers and my job very difficult.

Pros

Experience of working with and teaching children.

Cons

Low pay.

Fun and Supportive Family

We would go in to tutor other students in subjects that they most needed help in and at the end of the day our manager or coworkers would give us life or financial advice.

Pros

Free Advice

Cons

N/a

Productive, Positive, Rewarding and fulfilling

It's one of the jobs that changed me. I learned how to be healthier following the four energy regulators while I taught implemented the curriculum. It's amazing to see how children learn to live a healthier life style at such a young age. The program has goal oriented and age appropriate activities, lessons and events.

it was ok.

it wasn't that good but is good for a high school student first job. and thats all i have for this company thats is all thank you and take care now. bye bye

Review.

Very busy, productive, change of pace and change continually. Greatest part seeing the children involved in programs and the benefits they received. Workplace culture very diverse.

Pros

Work place diversity diverse

Cons

Not enough compensation.

productive fun workplace

tutor kids with their homework and play sports plus give them snack. the hardest part of my job was that it was only one hour of homework and the kids needed more than an hour. the most enjoyable part was that we got to play sports.

Pros

free snacks, tutoring and playing

Cons

health care

Inspiring culture; a good entry level job.

The experience varies on the subject you are hired to teach and how much you love doing it! The culture is great, since there is an emphasis on health and activity, which is always fun. The co-workers seem to be sub-par in terms of professionalism, then again this is a field that targets college level students as employees. The big downside to this job is that the pay is not great, its pretty low. There is little opportunity to advance in this non-profit. The management also seems mediocre, particularly in the elementary/ middle school level. The management is simply unprofessional in that level, unlike the high school level.

Pros

The culture, loving what you teach, and nutrition lessons

Cons

The management and little chance of promotions and raises

A place to work with kids

Go into a room or the field. Help kids exercise, learn a new or existing sport. Help kids get into shape. Teach various activities football, soccer, Muay Thai Kickboxing, running, Weight training.

Pros

Seeing a change in kids life and behavior

Cons

Some staff being jealous the great connections I have with the kids.

part

 Assisted  1-5th grade with H.W.  Play with kids  Distribute snack  Organize storage  Sign student in and out of program  Lead physical activities  Maintain program protocol and procedures during emergencies and lock down

Pros

good part time job

Cons

little hours

This was the first job I really enjoyed.

My days working for a world fit were very good. I got to work with kids and parents. The program really cares about the children they have.

Challenging job.

I would meet with a student at their home, or at a library. I would tutor them once or twice a week.

Pros

fun, challenging, creative

Fun Place!!!

You get to have fun in a fun environment!!!Play with kids, tutor students grades 1-6teach them nutrition

Pros

you have fun and you get paid

Cons

nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A World Fit For Kids. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A World Fit For Kids