A. Duie Pyle, INC.

A. Duie Pyle, INC. Employee Reviews

2.7Work–Life Balance

Productive but boring

Start as a dock worker and you’ll end as a dock worker. No type of advancement opportunities, they hire almost anybody for the dock. Pay is pretty good but working third shift including Saturday morning is a little ridiculous.

Very hard to work for,your just a number they don’t care about there employees

They push you very hard they work you like a dog they don’t care about your home life your family or your very health health they don’t care about safety only thing they care about is getting deliveries off and pick ups on the trailer they push you and push you and push you till you’re at your breaking point supervisors will scream yellSwear at drivers no matter how much you break your back rush around and do for them they always want more and more you do more they want a lot of turnover with sales people supervisors and drivers they can’t seem to keep anyone

Remote opportunity

Flexible and remote. However, the work is very boring and the company is not as stable as I would like. Not much room for advancement at all. Management is nice in the department and will try to help you, if needed.

Good for short term

Zero room for advancement, drivers average 12-14 hour days and are paid per run on most accounts averaging about $18-20 an hour no overtime. If you start as a driver you will end as a driver, there is no room for advancement whatsoever. The turnover is so high they preschedule weekly orientations and have a very large HR department. Good job to take while you continue searching for a decent job elsewhere

Hard work with decent compensation

I enjoyed the challenge of working here when I first started. After working here for over a year it became apparent that management would say anything to appease employees with 0 intention of following through. The people were pleasant enough so long as you don't expect anything from them. Ownership team genuinely had best interest at heart and were wonderful when I got to interact with them, but local management mishandled most everything. If you don't mind that and putting in the work this is genuinely a great place to work.

Pros

Good compensation and benefits

Cons

Westfield management team

Good job.

They offer flexible schedules for part time work. They hire quality people. There are opportunities for advancement and they offer challenging work each day. Overall it was a fun place to work.

Solid Place

Solid place to work big on culture, and plenty of opportunities to learn and advance with the company which is highly encouraged. Family Owned business good environment.

Don't work here.

The company runs hot or cold The management is completely cold and unhelpful..top management chooses to fire drivers 1st ask what happened later maybe..you are less than a number as a driver here.you will be fired for a warning even after it was overturned by dot themselves after admitted dot made the mistake. The company doesn't operate how the company advertises despite the reading material..On the company going Union will fix this company .often company politics will often throw drivers even though they are on time under the bus to save dispatch and management at drivers expense especially at the Westchester level..One min everything is fine then your suddenly fired without conversation-just a memo from Westchester read off by an office underling..Only going Union will truly fix the driver mistreatment at this company...

Pros

The company is in fear of going Union, They bring food for meetings

Cons

Drivers will be fired without conversation by memo for an underling to read that's it, You have no side

family dollar account

This is a very significant difference you worked for Dollar Tree and i simply load every box on the floor of the trailer and fill it up from frontto back, floor to ceiling. Then you have to take sets of rollers with you (they attach to a rack on the backof the cab) and unload every single box onto the rollers and roll them into the store.

Great environment. Loved working here.

Worked 2nd shift at Pyle for 2 years. Enjoyed almost every minute of it. Shop management was extremely helpful and willing to go to bat for the techs on the floor. The apprenticeship program at Pyle was amazing. As an apprentice you are taught a wide variety of repairs on both trucks and trailers. Everyone worked together well and taught newer techs and apprentices. The only downside I have with this company is that the bigger repairs, (clutches, engine swaps, etc.) are all done on first shift and it is hard for the newer techs to get trained on these repairs. I feel like I was valued and compensated well for the level of experience that I had. Overall, I loved my time at Pyle.

Worked with great drivers and pretty good management!

I had a lot of knowledge going in to A Duie Pyle but I also learned a lot while I was there. I had an overall good work experience. The job is very stressful but honestly it's the trucking industry and there isn't a driving job out there that doesn't carry stress. It's a great company and they try to keep a family atmosphere/ environment although they are growing fast which isn't a bad thing! I would recommend working here. I left on behalf of myself, but if I was able and had the chance I would work for them again! Hardest part of the job is trying to manage work/ home life balance in terms of long hours. At the end of the day, they pay very well and if you're going to drive a truck local, might as well do P&D. Its a great challenge and I miss it!

Pros

Good team, Well compensated, decent medical, 401k, all the coffee you can drink, newer well maintained equipment, Monday- Friday

Cons

Lots to learn management plays favorites

Managers have their favorite workers who can get away with anything. Definitely a lot to learn and room to grow though. If you don't mind the high school dynamic it's fine.

Good pay but very strict

this company is very good to work. Long hours easy 14hrs everyday whenthey are busy. Very bad of them is that they choose your vacation for you if you new forget about it you wont see a summer vacation until you probably 20 years in the company0

Nice and helpful people

This is a very nice place to work. People are kind and always helpful. Bosses aren't on your back and let's you get your work done. You need to be self motivated to work here.

Great company!

Fun environment, people get stuff done. Everyone works hard and the work is distributed evenly for the most part. Lots of fun and you always go home feeling like it was a good days work

Pros

Fulfilling work

Cons

OT after 45 hours

Good part time job

Working as a part time Dock Worker. Good job to come into at the end of the day and get a few hours. I like my manager but I think it depends on what terminal you work at.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Stress

Just like our employee reviews

There's room for improvement. They grasp general knowledge of the task at hand. Their performance in working is where it's expected to be. They expect you to perform tasks at hand that are above your pay grade and refuse to compensate you for them.

Pros

Only 2 years to get top rate.

Cons

No boot allowance for something that is required.

Shop is clueless

The shop is nearly useless. They don't know how fix anything. They will clear codes just to get the drivers to take the loads. 5 miles down the road and the codes come back. They refused to fix abs, and other problems. Management is careless and doesn't know anything about the trucking industry. Trucks have expired inspections. Many drivers have tried to take action , including myself. But Management fights against the drivers to insure safety. It's a no win situation. Coercion is a day-to-day routine for Management. Management has no consequences for thier actions , poor behavior, and decisions. A supervisor had temper tantrum because i refused to operate an unsafe vehicle. It started as a good company, but it's turning into the worst case scenario. Business has been very slow too.

Horrible management/ Very unorganized

If you want a job with no work life balance this is the job for you. Working Inbound is horrible they work you 12-15 hour nights you only get 1 thirty minute break your whole shift. I’m pretty sure that is illegal. They have a heating system on the dock but the manager is so cheap he will not turn it on so he can get his quarterly bonus. During the winter it can be zero degrees on the dock or lower daily. Management is very disorganized and seem they don’t know what’s going on. The company constantly goes through dockworker’s and supervisors. Senior supervisors are rude and swear at you constantly swearing calling you names etc. Almost every shift there is a fight usually involving the same supervisor with multiple employees. I was employed with this company until 3/15/2022. I decided to find a new career now I’m fighting to get my 2 weeks vacation time that is owed to me that was earned the prior year. By law it’s owed to me they are ignoring my emails calls etc. I truly can’t speak for the whole company I worked at the location in Johnston, Rhode Island so maybe other terminals are better. I will say the one good thing about duie is the hourly pay is very good and they also have a sign on bonus for 1200 dollars. But most people don’t end up seeing that bonus because they end up quitting before the time is in for it. That says a lot about a company right there. Don’t believe me apply shouldn’t be a problem getting a job at the Johnston location since the manager loves to hire people with no experience or even a drivers license. Not worth it DO NOT APPLY or you will see for -

Maintenance on vehicle's is horrible.

Equipment is junk. Trailer's are poorly maintained. Mechanics have no clue what they are doing. They don't sign off on repairs in driver vehicle inspection reports. Coercion to drive faulty equipment. Pennsylvania state inspections failed or expired. Discipline you if refused to operate. Management is careless and never Disciplined for poor equipment and or planning. Not happy with company.

Great place to work with great people.

I like the environment and most of the people who work there. You get out what you put in. I've work as both a driver and a dock worker/ forklift operator. And both was pretty okay. The pay is good and I have nothing really bad to say.

Pros

plenty of overtime

Cons

too much overtime for some people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A. Duie Pyle, INC.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A. Duie Pyle, INC.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?