A. Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

25: A. Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Good place

Good co-worker, a good supervisor. Not good pay, not good shift schedule. Good benefits. Understaffed, busy, stressed, work on weekends, some holidays. Too late shift.

Okay place to work

The building looks like a state prison when you see it from the parking lot. Things are outdated in side the building. They still use paper chart to write on every single thing. The management is incompetent. Some level of favoritism exists. Unfortunately there are some number of bad staffs. Fortunately, there are more good staffs working hard and sweat every second for their patients.

Pros

stability

Cons

old building, poor management

very hard

great nursing experience but its very hard work. it can be very overwhelming at times , but you learn a lot. may be challenging at times and very hard

I wouldn’t advise this place of work!

Way too much drama for a job that could flow easy! Too much heavy lifting ! Nothing barely works! And management is quick to put their employees down! Not an encouragement in this place! Only what you do wrong. Never what you are doing right!

Pros

Cons

Awful work environment & the staff!

Understaffed

Severely understaffed and way under paid for the amount of work you're assigned. Staff does not work together which can be dangerous for the residents.

Not much room for advancement.

Was not an honest work place. Very political. Most of the employees were directly related. Not a very organized setting, everything seemed chaotic and unorganized.

Great place

Nice and friendly slow paced with qualified individuals who love their job and patients they take care for. Linked with a county hospital and its a very big facility

Nice place to work

A Holly Patterson was a nice place to work the manager whome I worked for was very nice. The manager kept givimg me assorted oddd accounting jobs to do for her besides my reglar job just to keep me busy.

AHP is a fun place to work, management is fair, however, I feel there is no room to grow for me. I love the environment especially the staff which I interact with on a daily basis

Wonderful Experience, lovely elderly company

I volunteered at this home, bringing the guests food, playing games with them, and occasionally filing paperwork. I met a lot of very nice individuals, some of whom I still keep in touch with while I am in college.

Productive but very fast paced

Very fast paced and had to become a quick learner. Ive learned how to time manage myself and still do things in a correct manner. The hardest part was just making sure that everything was correct when your under pressure.

Pros

Very productive

Use to be a great place to work.

When I started years ago I loved working there, thing s have changed so much, along with management, I really don't like the place so much. I'm a very caring person and I'm about the residents, first and foremost. Sad to say that is not the case there any more.

Pros

Cons

Better bring your own food

very negative plalce to work better have strong skin to work there and racist

worked there for 9 years got injured because there put alot of work on the aides. very unprofessional place to work there care nothing about there worker

fun workplace

learned time management filing and faxing documents they give you a 1 hour break transporting residents you can work with PT/OT doctors staff is very kind

Productive and Fun Place to Work

As a volunteer you will learn a great deal, the staff is great, the clients you will get used to. In general, if you love working with geriatrics then this is the place for you.

Pros

Management, Employees, Clients

Cons

Sanitation required constantly

Short Staffed

They need to hire more staff because the employees are being overworked. I currently working through an agency at this company and I am doing a lot of work there for little pay.

Pros

Flexible with give me time for school

Cons

No time to take lunch breaks sometimes.

I had an amazing experience working at A. Holly Patterson. My supervisor was absolutely amazing; I would definitely recommend this place to all the people I know.

A. Holly Patterson

They have so far given me the continued motivation to pursue my dream of becoming a nurse. I have management working with me to give me better opportunities with the facility. Pay is fair, and I love working with my team on my assigned unit.

Pros

Scheduling, friendly staff, fun facility

Cons

sometimes we are taken for granted by residents

Interaction with residents, their quality of care.

Working under a Director who actully let me grow, but then wanted me to stop growing? Didn't understand that concept. Also who has an divide and conquer mentallity, doesn't foster unity. I did learn to understand staffing more on the administrative side. As far as co workers we are pitted against each other. There's nothing really hard about the job, in my opinion. But the most satistying aspect of the job is seeing the satisfaction of the residents when a task is completed.

Pros

Learning how to run a department.

Cons

Upper management is non existant

Great experience

My work day goes by fast. I have work from the time I start till the end of the day. I am running the department by myself. I supervise clerks.

great

learned a lot about working with adults and dealing with individuals who suffer from strokes, TBI, and dysphagia.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A. Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A. Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility