A.J. DWOSKIN & ASSOCIATES
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

16: A.J. DWOSKIN & ASSOCIATES Employee Reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Very micro managed company

The work/life balance was good. The managers are micro managed and the amount of repetitive reports that are required takes most of the day. The owner is involved in the property's and takes a true interest in what happens on all properties.

Genuine and Fun workplace

Loved my time at A.J. Dwoskin- the managers were genuine and kind and cared about my training and advancement. The break room was clean and tidy and usually had some food in it. The overall atmosphere was friendly and inclusive- something that is important for any newbie.

Pros

Genuine staff

Cons

Short breaks

Everything was great until....

I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 years with Dwoskin, I learned a ton, made some great friends and did well for myself financially. They have a very good structure and have people who care. Unfortunately for me they allowed a lousy manager to use me as a scapegoat for his failures. I was thrown in front of a bus because my manager couldn't do his job properly. Had this not been the case I would probably still be with the company. But I was not going to try to fight to stay with a company that believed the word of One person over actually facts and results.

Good place to work/Has seasoned employees

I enjoyed working there. Some of the management was a little hard to deal with if they were in a bad mood but overall the atmosphere was comfortable to work in. The HR department was very friendly and easy to approach. The office environment was cheerful and everyone works hard and appreciates their job, I loved the stand up desks and free breakfast provided on Wednesdays. The gym in the bottom of the bulding was a bonus as well. Parking was free. Not a difficult commute.

Pros

Atmosphere, no 2 positions are the same in the corporate office

Cons

too many checks and balances and hands involved in checking everything. Took a while for approvals.

Great Company

A.J. Dwoskin values their employees and knows that they are an asset to the company's success. Great benefits which included medical, dental, STD, LTD, 401k, vacation, sick and birthday pay. Great team!

Corporate Favors Seniority Over Ability

The corporate culture, that trickles down to the properties, prioritizes favorites and those with seniority, even if those individuals are not capable of handling a position. Corporate culture is based on favoritism and is generally blind and clueless when it comes to its properties. This leads to high turnover, especially when they hire from the outside for senior roles that should go to internal promotions. The benefits are great, good PTO to start, and the work/life balance always suited me. There are opportunities for OT, which is great, too.

Benefits

Cons

Management, Culture

Great internship

I had a great summer working here, and was lucky enough to begin to build a strong career in sales. I was lucky to work with great co workers, and build a business plan!

Pros

Friendly atmosphere

Bad policies and little compassion for residents

Policies were cut-throat and made so many residents angry over the course of my job there. Predatory leasing requirements made leasing to international citizens borderline impossible. The properties weren't even that nice to be honest.

No comment

The experience working for this company was neither good nor bad. And with only one year of experience is not enough to form a good judgement of whether it is a good company to work for or not. Though I must say that it was great meeting the people I worked with. Not much interaction with the senior management team except for my direct supervisor whom I would consider a very respectable figure in the rental management industry.

Pros

No comment

Cons

No comment

Great Company!

By far the best company I have worked for! The owner and senior management team genuinely care about staff and work hard to make sure teams are successful. They show support when a problem is presented and I love the open door policy and team approach. This company offers competitive a compensation/bonus structure, excellent benefits, and there is growth opportunities for those who apply themselves through their work and seek professional development & growth. Management is also open to learning from the teams to get a better understanding of how things work at the field level and they encourage a collaborative thinking environment. They also celebrate employees and their family with an annual event. Great company overall!

Pros

People, technology, collaborative culture

Cons

None really but more time off would be nice!

Great company, Great benefits, Great systems

I've worked with this company for 6 years and have seen so much growth! Technology is top notch and the benefits are generous. There is opportunity for career advancement for those who put in the effort. Management is approachable and open to working with teams to find new solutions to issues that arise. They also provide encouragement and support to staff. For a company this size, it's amazing how many employees have more than 10-15 years seniority!

Pros

The people and the technology.

Quite the learning experience

This is one of the best job opportunities I've had the pleasure of learning from. I met so many people and I used to keep a sticky note of all the people I helped that day but I helped so many people that it became time consuming. I had a wonderful manager through 90% of the experience as well as assistant manager, our maintenance team was awesome, and our leasing team was as well. The hardest part of the job was that it never stopped, people's problems become your own, and you never finish your to-do list by the end of the day but that was also kind of the best part of the job because it never got boring and there was always something going on. I learned office skills, people skills, fair housing laws, leasing techniques, and I went to a seminar to learn the science of selling. I literally learned something new everyday and I think that says a lot about the job itself.

Pros

benefits, commission, work environment, learning

Cons

overwhelming, turnover

Good Proffesional Atmoshpere

•Learned leadership and business proficiency by working with the Executive VP of Leasing acquisitions, Senior Leasing agents, and Brokers on campaign strategies for vacant commercial units. •Expanded skillset on compiling and presenting data by creating spreadsheets on possible tenants for senior leasing agents. •Gained valuable knowledge on real estate software like Yardi, by researching surrounding commercial properties.

Daily duties

Inspected buildings, apartments, townhomes and curb appeal daily to assure that they were to company satisfaction Prepared all legal notices to residents - 5 Day Notices, NSF Letters, 21/30, Reservations of Rights & Noise Complaints Assisted residents with concerns Approved & declined application - using First American Registry and CoreLogic Prepared move-out Acknowledgement Letters Processed Delinquent & Prepaid Report weekly and sent out balance and credit letters Assisted with Interview process & trained new staff members Prepared Collection Packet for Collections Manager Reviewed renewal letters for leasing team Prepared monthly commissions for leasing team Greeted future residents and offered refreshments Assisted leasing staff with pre-qualifying new applicants Prepared daily Vacancy and Traffic Reports Checked leasing team guest cards and Vault Ware for consistency and follow-up Leased apartments Verified that utilities were turned on timely for new move-ins Called for Market Survey Corporate Out Reach Coordinated and worked community resident activities

Productive, appreciated, stimulating work, respected, friendly environment, special events

A.J. Dwoskin & Associates, Inc. was the best all around company I have ever work for. I was given ample, comfortable space to work in and the people were friendly and respectful. I would have a stack of prioritized tasks to work on and was required to record the time it took to complete each job. I used an online training program to keep up with any new features or new applications. My work was done on a PC computer and backups were needed daily. While at this company, I requested a change from using QuarkXpress to the Adobe InDesign layout program. They were able to give me all new Adobe Creative Suite applications. I enjoyed using the new features within these programs and as a result excelled with my designs.

Pros

high salary, salary increases, matching retirement savings, Holiday Bonus, training, variety of work, good equipment

Directed the entire HR Department

Everything from benefit administration to recruiting,l employee relations, supervision, etc.

Pros

close to home

Cons

poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.J. DWOSKIN & ASSOCIATES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.J. DWOSKIN & ASSOCIATES