A.S.P. Security Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

47: A.S.P. Security Services Employee Reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Nice airport environment

-Nice airport environment -Really poor management environment (Office people/some managers/ some supervisors)-low salary in all positions -Company don’t value your effort

Pros

You can choose your schedule base in senority

Cons

Long hours; switch you from spot to spot with no notice

Fast paced work environment

I currently work as a K9 handler at ASP. When I applied for a position at the airport originally wanted to work part time. I was surprised when I was offered a full time position. I started off as a Security Specialist and was recently promoted to the K9 division. I love working at ASP. Management is understanding if you need time off and scheduling also helps as much as they can.

Pros

Paid Breaks

Cons

Long work days

Got contacted for an interview but they flopped last minute

Had an interview scheduled for a specific date and a day before the recruiter emailed me and asked if I can work a different shift (one that i did not agree on). Dont waste your time

Pros

nothing

Cons

a lot

Absolutely atrocious management

It's not very easy to find security companies that have decent management. Most of the time management at security companies consist of your typical "I've been in the industry for 30 years I know everything" type of attitude. However ASP management does not take that approach they have a different approach to horrid management, their managers like to tell employees that disagree with them or find them rude things like "Do you know who I am" or the best one I've gotten is "I'm second in command." They take bad management to a special level. The only saving grace is they've hired 1 new manager and she from what I've observed so far is very respectful and receptive the same cannot be said about the others. They try their hardest to make you feel insignificant. Head office is just as rude which includes HR and payroll, they can't even answer your questions and to make it worse they speak to you in a manner that again puts the icing on the insignificance cake. However not all is bad with ASP, the scheduling team is great, they work very hard and help you as much as possible. The pay is OK for the work but can be better in comparison to other security companies. Finally a disclaimer to anyone that reads reviews on indeed and is looking to apply to ASP, majority of the high star reviews are managers/supervisors so take their reviews with a grain of salt.

Pros

Scheduling department

Cons

Management, Hr, pretty much everything else

Not a good company to work with

After all the hard work for years and years you only get minimum wage, they dont treat there employees good. In simple words its just a joke. There are tons of good companies out there to work with.

Very dynamic and exciting place to work!

Nothing but good things to say! From the friendly and charismatic CEO to the front line team, everyone maintains a small family-oriented style dynamic in a large, bustling company! ASP knows their people make their business and they strongly maintain this philosophy irrelevant of how big they get. They are quick to build necessary infrastructure to ensure minimal operational impacts during their well-deserved rapid growth. ASP will always do what is necessary to support the business, the team, and the clientele no matter what the cost. Proud to be a member of this team!

They don't give a poo about you

If you book off, they will force you to come in. If you call in sick, they will threaten your emloyment. If you check your phone for the time, they will give you a warning letter. If you make a request for anything (uniform replacement, memobook, etc), expect to make the request more than 5 times before they give it to you. They don't care about your employment rights. They don't give a poo if you did the right thing either. They will replace you in a heartbeat if they don't even like you.

Worst ASP Security Services Management

The management has no regard nor value to employee's well-being in general. Harassing on phone calls just to force employees on working or covering a shift.

No leadership

Never worked for a company that was Soooooo disorganized and out of touch with their own mission on service for their client or their employees. Rude, unaccountable leadership team and no idea what having a work ethic means

Pros

Cons

all

Great job sites and work hours.

Great job for indivuals who like working independently. Flexible hours. Holiday pay. Numerous work site locations. Family friendly and family oriented. Good pay. Paid weekly

Very Good Security Company for Airport

This is a good job for students. They offer full-time, part-time, or casual work preferences with causal meaning that you will work at least 2 days per week. It is a serious job but very easy if you know what you are doing.

Not the best company

I've learned a lot from ASP and continue to learn every day there's a new challenge to tackle and new ways are found to deal with the issue at hand the Security Industries is a gateway into the Police force.

Pros

meet new people

Cons

always have to call somebody about my pay stub always inaccurate

Crossing Guard Duties

Easy and fun job if you are fit enough to perform it! Total of four hours on your feet for the three shifts so wear comfortable shoes. Best if you are close to home so you can go home during breaks. .

Dynamic and productive work environment.

A.S.P Security Services provided a secure environment for both clients and passengers. The management worked efficiently to adapt to ongoing changes as requested by Security Operations Control Center.

If I could give zero star, I would.

This company needs to be closed down and be thoroughly investigated upon. They do not care about the welfare of their employees. They maltreat and descriminate against race, culture and gender. They express favoritism and always under-pay their already poor and low income employees to maximize profit for themselves. It's high time to investigate most of these security outfits or companies. They make you work a 12hr shift and still would not pay for that in pretence, that they forgot. Stay away from this company at all costs and when you leave or terminate your services or appointment with them, they give you bad recommendations but who cares?

Pros

Cons

Everything you can think of.

Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.  Obtains help by sounding alarms.  Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.  Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.

best security company to work with

One of the best security company to work with, great friendly environment. People at the office are very kind and helpful. Can not find a more welcoming security company than this one!

not bad

Hectic environment to work in. lots of people traveling in the airport. the management can sometimes be very unfair when it comes to their employees. breaks are so short.

overall good job

patrol, train, wait for calls for service learned how to train dogs management is non existent workplace is fun and full of things to do hardest part of job is looking for explosives most enjoyable part is playing with dogs for a living

Pros

pay, no micromanagement

Cons

equipment, leadership/structure

Avoid at all costs

A typical day of work isn't bad, however it's a multitude of little things that make you realize that they don't care about your well being. They made me do a patrol in the middle of a snow blizzard but they let all of the other well known employees skip that patrol because the weather was unsafe. The site supervisors also lied and targeted me often, everything I did would be a problem but if someone else did the same thing there would be no problem. Maybe they just didn't like me although I didn't give them a reason not to, but honestly avoid this place unless you want to be miss treated and not be able to say anything about it.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Everything else

solitary confinement

worked here about 3 months at airside. wrote an exam and had to go to 3 days of unpaid training to get this trash job. EXPENSIVE uniform . sitting in a booth for 12 plus hours with no overtime pay. scheduling randomly gives you shifts you never asked for. cannot call in sick or else your in trouble. had to arrive early in order to be considerd on time and not paid for it. managment is disrespectfull to employees. booths and vechilces have rodents inside. ALL FOR MINIMUM WAGE. and some employees here worked for 20 plus years to recieve the same same pay and respect as a rookie overall dont waste your time

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.S.P. Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• A.S.P. Security Services
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?