ABC Carpet & Home
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

44: ABC Carpet & Home Employee Reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

good company

great coworkers and atmosphere . I have worked for this company for many years . I am sad to leave . But my position at this company will no longer exist .

High expectations of very creative and suportive working environment.

Mgr was unsupportive and expressed clear favoritism to male Gay sales associates. No real sales decorum or guidelines followed by sales associates in Furniture on 5th Floor.All but no support from back of the house because the system is so antiquated ( registers were green screen). I did like many employees in general, but was very unhappy in their sales environment.

Pros

Half off purchases

Cons

Working with an extremely antiquated system, no support from mgr.

Poor and intimidating management.

I worked there seasonally years ago and enjoyed it only because it was a 7 minute walk from home, great customers and some lovely co-workers. HOWEVER, the manager was an absolute disaster who created a culture of intimidation, favouritism, and micromanaging. Most employees were depressed and down. It was such a childish and sad environment, truly pathetic.

Pros

great customers, some fun celebrities, great products to sell and visually inspiring place

Cons

AWFUL manager, poor company culture and depressing environment

Greed and resentment disguised as altruistic values

Resentment. Resentment. Resentment. On part of management, owners an most employees. It was exhausting! Lack of basic respect with management. Pay cuts. Increasing confusing with commissions. Some “favorites “ made a lot more than excellent but disliked salespeople.

Pros

Met some really good people stuck in the same boat.

Cons

No managerial support. Only resentment.

I loved ABC Carpet and Home

Great place to work. A very eclectic array of furniture, clothing line. They ship all over the world. One of the best places I've worked. I Was very excited to go in every day. Great people to work with.. The restaurants are fabulous. Not the same when I was there, the daughter solded it. Had some problems. Someone else purchased the store. It should be on it's way to being what it was. TToiIwtrotisserie toutourit

Pursuing magic is a thing of the past

No longer the legendary story it once was. no job security, rarely recognized with performance reviews. Management is clueless & perhaps doesn’t really care what anyone thinks or feels about them especially support staff. Job culture is has gossip & clicks throughout upper manage where it starts sadly. What once started as a progressive platform turned into greed.

Pros

Beautiful artsy environment great nyc location

Cons

negative environment, need thick skin

Temp job with chance to be perm.

I got the job through public assistance's back to work and it was a job where people where switched on a daily basis. For about 3 months working in the store the switched me to a warehouse where it was very bad conditions. And to make matters worst we didn't have any health benefits.

Dnt apply for anything in support.

They treat the support/stock staff like garbage. Managers intimidate employees, it wasnt a great environment. Poor overall management needs an entire change in that department

Its a great place to work everyone there is really nice

Great work enviornment to work hard and create friendships which makes work even easier when you work hard and work with people you enjoy being around

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

Manditory overtime

Not enough resources dedicated to employees

It’s true. The place is a horror to work in. There are no kitchen areas to have lunch. The open work areas cram people in limited spaces which have construction constantly happening. The outdated heating system clangs loudly about five times a day. The restoration of the employee elevator left the office space without ADA access for months. There is no planning for work materials so they just stack up unattended in the hallways. The place thrives by hiring young people so payroll is low and by denying benefits to full-time freelancers. Have more respect for yourself and work someplace else.

Pros

You might get a discount

Cons

Everything else

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ABC Carpet & Home?

Diverse clientele

Work with client on personal shopping , work with designer to find on kind furniture decor, table top, lighting , carpeting and window treatment. Maintain a steady client base .

working at ABC

I enjoyed working at ABC, but there was no advancement opportunities available. I then became employed at Lowes. I am a team player, very organized always.

Pros

great environment

Cons

no advancement

Takes blind eye to hard workers

If you're lazy this is The place for you . But if you value your work they never value your time and just give you unrealistic work times with poor management everyone wants to be there boss with no clue what's going on while blaming every fault and mishap on the people trying to get the work done.

Pros

Coworkers are great

Cons

Bosses don't try to advance you

Productive and fun working for ABC

ABC very good company to work for. The owner very respectable person care for her employees.Not too many opportunity for advancement. You can learn a lot from ABC. The employee are very dedicated to the company and like the owner very much. The management team is very strong and experienced except for a few who are afraid to make the right decission and defend employees when necessary. Some of the executives care more about themselves rather than the employees especially those at the bottom.

Pros

Occasionally free lunch

Cons

Health care

It wasn't a fun place

Long working hours an unfair environment.There were some days when I had to work through almost three shifts because a co-worker did not show up......

Pros

Lots of over times hours

Cons

No annual sick leaves

Highly creative job with lots of freedom

A utopia is an imagined community or society that possesses highly desirable or nearly perfect qualities for its citizens. Badly mis-managed and sect-like

Pros

creative

Cons

mis-managed

Best Job Ever

I started working here when I was 18. It was the best experience Ive never had. I would love to go back to this job at any given time. They work as a team, very supportive and helpful. feels like a family

Dealing with public

Greeting and dealing customers phone and person, seeing famous actors, getting to know your customers and willing to learn money situation, countries and cultures.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Beautiful home goods for sale in a lovely spiritual atmosphere.

Beautiful home goods for sale in a lovely spiritual atmosphere. I enjoyed maintaining the inventory and interacting with sincere staff. It was hard to leave but necessary due to downsizing.

Fun place to work in

Great place for those who are into fashion and design. I learned a lot working here as an internship. I would recommend this place for student who plan to continue in the field of art and fashion

A very nice place to work friendly staff

Working in abc carpet home located in the Bronx New York was a very rational experience in my life I learned alot of new things in my 2 years working there I learn how to operate different kind of machinery inclunding forklift​ and high rise​ machines also learned how to talk to customers and helping them in sales assistance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Carpet & Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ABC Carpet & Home