ABC GREAT BEGINNINGS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ABC GREAT BEGINNINGS Employee Reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Productive and challenging at times but with some down time for drivers.

Awesome people for the most part who work their. It’s nice to have a challenge with some kids and to have a breath of fresh air with other kids. You will have to definitely be a calm and patient person or you will lose your mind.

Love the kids, corporate is neglectful and greedy

I have loved being a teacher, and the kids are why I come back. Our direct management really tries and they are helpful. HOWEVER. The things that come from corporate is really the downfall of this company. Insisting our classrooms are packed full of kids with the minimum amount of teachers we can get away with. Corporate insists on only one teacher in the room the second we fall into “single ratio”, meaning one teacher has the max amount of kids we are allowed to have legally. Having this, 24/7, dramatically reduces the amount of time actually interacting with kids, and cleaning tasks get neglected. It is money, money, money. It feels as though they don’t care at all for the actual well being of the children. Unfortunately, our direct management often takes the heat for this, when they are doing their best with what they have been given from corporate. Due to all of this, the stress of the job is extremely high & causes a large turnover rate, causing distress to employees, management, and most importantly, THE KIDS. On top of this, they will insist that we “combine” classrooms in order to have less teachers working (again, money is the only thing that matters to these people), meaning children are amongst others not in their age group & in classrooms they don’t know, with teachers that don’t know them. The amount of times i’ve gone home CRYING knowing the kids didn’t get any real learning/interactions with me, because I simply do not have the time between cleaning, meal times, nap time, diapering is ridiculous. Due to this, we see a lot of behavior issues because the kids -

Nice facility

The building is new and its huge, lots of space but not enough supplies for teachers. Not enough toys and supplies for classrooms, poor management, not clean!

Excellent company to work

I really enjoyed worked there, the team make you feel as a family. I worked there for two years and honestly I felt really good there. The management is awesome, always thinking about you.

Pros

Free lunch and flexible schedule

I went home crying ever day

Most of the people that work at ABC Great Beginnings are easy to love, but only as people, not professionals. They're extremely difficult to work with. Some of the teachers were incredibly disrespectful and unprofessional towards members of management, fellow coworkers, and sometimes children. Now, I don’t blame some of the things they said to management because management itself is full of favoritism and fond of under-appreciating and over-working their teachers. However, some of the things that were asked of those teachers were very standard in a professional workplace.Unfortunately, some teachers were thrown into classrooms without training, and I, myself, felt that I wasn't properly trained to be an AD, even after several months, due to the Director (who was supposed to train me) constantly being on vacations or running personal errands. Upon hire, I was told my responsibilities would mostly be desk work and administrative duties, but on any given day, it turned out I could end up being the cook, assistant director, substitute teacher, person to handle children melt-downs, errand-runner for teachers (can you get me x, y, z?) and/or acting director, possibly even a bus driver. I never had time to finish my work. I eventually went home crying every day because I didn’t have enough of myself to give to these poor, overworked teachers, the stressed-out parents dropping off their kids, the business needs, or all these kids coming from low-income, underprivileged families. I couldn't be everything that the staff, business, and most importantly, the children needed me to be. -

Pros

Free lunch, child care assistance

Cons

Gossip, favoritism, disorganized, God-complexs, underpaid and overworked teachers, no benefits

Very Stressfull

I wish I could say many positive things but I cannot except that the director is amazing. However being in and out of the classroom, not having the correct age range and constantly being maxed out on ratio makes it difficult to work and teach. I know sometimes being flexible is necessary but how can I say I have a classroom when I’m not even in it most of the time. I was constantly stressed and no longer loved teaching.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, benefits

I'd go back

Relocated out of state. Overall a great company. Team members are fun to work with. Good, clean and large rooms and facilities. Families are amazing. Pay is competitive within its industry. Advancement opportunities and career ladder compensation. Events and celebrations planned. Found things that could be improved upon ie communication, planning time and curriculum support. Didn't feel I was heard.

Pros

CoWorkers, Advancement

Cons

Communication

Great Place to work!

I love working here. The kids are amazing and management really cares and takes care of their teachers! The director always gives me the flexibility I need if things come up.

Great place

Stressful but great for the people. I am in love with the children. The parents are amazing! There's no place I'd rather be as a teacher in! I love this place.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Lack of organization

Great place to be

All the ABC's are great to work at and are constantly trying to improve and help their employees. Always lookong for advancing employees that show leadership qualities.

Pros

Childcare assistance

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ABC GREAT BEGINNINGS?

Horrible company

Management isn’t good at all, and no teamwork ever done. Teachers have responsibilities to clean there own classrooms and some of them do nothing and no one says anything. Cars drive in and out of parking lot without ever picking up kids, did not feel safe working here. Teachers don’t ever interact with the older kids outside on playground, and when the kids are behaving badly/throwing toys, fighting,... they are sent to office and just do whatever they want there also. Also they say you can get your cda however they would not work with myself to Achieve this and wouldn’t tell me why either though they “say” they help you.

Pros

Free food, food hours

Cons

No breaks, poor management, no way to move up.

Abc is great, just doesn’t pay reasonable

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at ABC GREAT BEGINNINGS was good the managers and owners take care of the employeesPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at ABC GREAT BEGINNINGS sucked it’s good for someone right out of high school or a single personJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at ABC GREAT BEGINNINGS, I think there is no job securityManagementIn general, managers at ABC GREAT BEGINNINGS managers are great, and fun, but have favoritesCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at ABC GREAT BEGINNINGS there was some bullying but managers kind of took care of itOverallMy experience working at ABC GREAT BEGINNINGS was good

Old management was awful!

The manager that was there when I worked there was awful. He didn't follow the state rules for the daycare. He would show up late, hung over, or drunk most of the time. The best days were the days that he wasn't at work because everything ran the way it was supposed to.

Fun atmosphere working with the kids.

Loved this job and the responsibilities that came with working with children. Work load was a bit much at the time that I was there, not many employees to help carry the load.

The kids are what matter

ABC does a great job when it comes to really caring about the kids. They provide a good curriculum, encourage regular and up to date training for their staff, and have most of the best kinds of activities and equipment. (This varies on the locations, some far more than others.) HOWEVER, they don't really care about the staff at all, despite what they claim. Directors, for the most part, try to do the best they can by their staff but their hands are largely tied by upper management. The pay is abysmally low for the amount of work and commitment that is asked of staff, and the expectations for work loads are extremely difficult to manage. On top of that, upper management treats everyone (except for their favorites, because God knows they play that game) that they are completely expendable and replaceable, like every person is just a cog in a wheel, even while asking you to give literally ALL of your time and attention to the company. Upper management is also not above engaging in shady and borderline illegal activities that they are quick to cover up or lie about. Its a terrible shame actually, because they have the potential, the education, and the opportunity to be a really amazing company. But they aren't, and I wouldn't trust a thing they say, because none of their promises will be kept. Work for them at your own risk.

Overall ok company to work for

Company overall is pretty good. Pay is low and turn over is high which is frustrating. My director helps me feel supported and loved and corporate shows they care. Large work load though for little pay.

fun but also stress full

it is a very fun place to work if you love kids, but get ready for kids screaming and crying every second, but you get to have moments of playing with the kids and it very much is rewording

Stressful and overwhelming

An extremely messy environment with not enough employees to clean it up fast enough. Company is stretched as thin as possible and expect already overwhelmed workers to pick up slack. Unrealistic and unsustainable, especially since they pay their workers less than they are hired at.

Redwood location is awesome!

Our director gives us the time we need to handle personal or family matters, whether they have to take over your class for a minute for a phone call, send you home early, or just understand when you can’t come in. She constantly shows us little acts of appreciation. The parents are awesome! There are a few exceptions like anywhere else but overall the parents work with their kid’s teacher as a team.

Cons

I loved the redwood center not south Jordan.

I liked work at the redwood rd, west valley location but not the south Jordan location. It is high stress at south Jordan. For working at the redwood location for 3 years and the south Jordan location will be two months

Really a bad bad place to work

People were constantly rude and there was neglect from parents and teachers and some teachers had mental disabilities that they shouldnt have been watching the kids. My director was biest and treated her employees vary poor and let her kids treat her employees poorly and bully them and the magenment and training staff treats the teachers poorly

Pros

They pay for your CDA

Cons

Poor work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC GREAT BEGINNINGS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ABC GREAT BEGINNINGS