ABC Legal Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ABC Legal Services Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Flexible schedule. Underpaid

They keep decreasing the amount of pay. End contracts for no reason. They also don't provide you with any feedback most of the times. I wish they communicated more often with us.

Decent first job, benefits and work-life balance

First office job for inexperienced, many great people and co-workers, decent benefits for entry level job, decent pay. Flexibility. Training is a lot to take in.

This company sucks. Do not serve papers for them. They do not pay any money at all

I have served for this company for years and in the beginning it a good company to serve for but over the years they have gone down hill fast in a bad way. It would not surprise me at all to them them non existent in a few years.

Work at your own pace, work off an app

It really is a good place to work. Work has been slow to begin 2022 and communicating with the company can sometimes be challenging as an Independent Contractor but overall ABC is fairly organized in this business.

Releases servers without warning or cause

The company was easy to get started with and initially pretty good to work for. The rates weren't the best but there was room for negotiation and the pay was steady. The app isn't hard to use compared to others. Overtime, they stopped listening to the servers and began raising demands without raising pay. Areas are taken away if a minimum amount of serves are not completed but it counts against you even if they are not sending work. Sundays (non-servable days in this state) count against you. Too many non-serves count against you, even when some properties are inaccessible. This makes it incredibly difficult for an honest process server to continue with higher levels of service. In addition to this, they will release contracts with no warning and no recourse. The majority of the system appears to be automated at this point and there is little human interaction aside from canned responses from their support team which can be impossible to get through to. Hopefully they will start to listen to their servers again and make the changes that are needed.

Underpaid, upper management doesn’t really care

The entry level people here are really great and I’ve made some great friends from my time here. Upper management doesn’t really care about you at all and the pay isn’t great, pay is on a level system, level 2 is 18 an hour, level 3 is 20 etc. it’s really hard to convince management to up you even to level 3 even if you’ve worked there for a year and really know your stuff.

End contracts without notice

I had been working for the company since 2018. I received an e-mail stating my contract was ending while I was in the field working, within the hour all of my assignments were gone. I was not compensated for the paper or anything. When I reached out, no one responded. The workload was decent, but when you need help in the field there is no one available to assist. The company expect you to force the subject to take the papers when they refuse or say they don’t know the person or that they’ve moved. I don’t recommend working with this company.

Very fun and welcoming environment - be expected to meet your quotas and set goals for yourself

I enjoyed my time here before getting laid off, everyone is welcoming and very kind. Biggest thing is accountability because our system tells everyone exactly what you did on orders and accounts. Hold yourself accountable for oversights and mistakes and don’t lie about it. Everyone is accommodating and very kind, and everyone is there to help. Team work is a big deal so be able to collaborate on projects and general workload.

Pros

Free lunches if in person, remote work, good benefits, pretty good pay, ability to work your way up and get promotions.

Cons

Dealing with customers, sheriffs, court clerks, and attorneys, Process servers also can be rude and hard to deal with (and lie), Customer support is the only way to get someone on the phone, you have to vet all the calls that come in, attorneys telling you how to do your job

Messenger Dept a great place to work, manager is terrific boss

The majority of our company is related to process service, but the messenger department is a small arm of ABC that works somewhat independently. Casual, supportive environment. Pay is barely passable but the benefits are pretty good.

Pros

Benefits and relative independence

Cons

Pay could be better

Process servers are micromanaged and support personnel talk to process servers in a condescending tone.

ABC communicates with process servers as if they are convinced the servers do not know what they are doing. I have to submit a support ticket on more than half the job I claim because the app is extremely prescriptive, and because support staff do not read notes-they just assume process servers haven't done their due diligence. The on-board protocols are nit-picky. Management never sides with the process server. Jobs are sparse, the pay is low, and it just isn't worth the frustration.

Pros

I honestly can't think of any

Cons

Disrespectful culture, elitist attitude, low pay, micromanaged, poor communication, et cetera

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ABC Legal Services?

Enjoyed being independent and having no supervisor to micromanage.

I really enjoyed process serving at first. After a few months though I didn't like the bad manners and aggressiveness of some of the people I served. They would yell, scream, threaten me with physical harm, or blatantly evade service. So I stopped serving since the job created too much anxiety and worrying about my security.

Pros

Independence, work when you want.

Cons

No pay raise. No benefits.

Closing up shop?

Work over the last three months work has dropped dramatically. One district I know of has dropped half of its monthly capacity for work (151 services a month down to 84 services) in the last three weeks. There is NO communication from ABC Legal about what is going on. There is a community page through the app we use and everyone is freaking out, people don’t know what to do and people are asking the staff for SOMETHING… and they aren’t talking.

Pros

Chat feature is helpful

Cons

No communication, no work

Interesting place to work

Work your own hours . Just a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle but other than that it is a good place to work.The pay is not that great considering the amount of attempts you have to do.

Pros

Set own hours

Cons

A lot of driving to same place

unclear expectations and siding with the servee way too often

This company was a great way to learn how to do volume when it comes to process serving. Unfortunately, that's all they are interested in. Quantity and not quality. Over the course of well over 200 serves for ABC, let's just say I had to submit support tickets on about half of them to clarify address and even subject contact information. Their app allows you to Force service on someone who is resisting to accept their collections notice or other legal document but then when you do your job correctly and get the person to take their document ABC legal doesn't have your back. When what they should do is take that document to the courtroom and watch that dead beat customer who doesn't pay their bills tell the judge to their face that "they were just having a hard time" During working with ABC I've been hit up by Attorney's that thanked me directly for the work I've done representing their office. Completely ridiculous management structure. Zero leadership. You get paid less than 20% of what ABC actually gets paid AND they have you do random tasks like notarize physical proofs and email them back only to have you pay for those notary fees and not cover them.

Pros

Cons

No support, Poor Leadership, Unclear Expectations, Low Pay

Good if you need insurance, otherwise, well

Poor management, both buildings are falling apart, they tokenize anyone marginalized and bring them on stage for diversity and inclusion marketing yet aggressive toward us during business practice. There is no sufficient hands-on training. No work/life balance, etc

Pros

Health insurance

Cons

Toxic work environment

Very strict

They dont give second chances when you make a mistake. The company is too strict and uses you only when they need you. Gets rid of you if your rate is too high

Don’t apply here you will regret it.

Don’t work for this company. They promised areas to you and then take them away. They will not give you a raise , but they will call you if they need a favor from you. No more for me. I’am going to treat them just like they are treating me. Believe me don’t waste your time.

Pros

None.

Cons

7 attempts and still paying 20 dollars a serve

Amazing company

Great company to work for. Everything is remote and you work at your own pace. The support team is always friendly and helpful. The company even give scorecards to tell you your proficiency and what you can work on. They give weekly tips on news and ways to improve your work. I highly recommend this company it can be incorporated into any schedule. I love this company.

Pros

Remote, schedule, support

Cons

1099, benefits

I love working for ABC Legal

They have improved their services to Process Services since I started a few years ago. They work with you to resolve issues and understanding when you need to take some time off. They are a great company to work for.

Pros

flexible

Productive great place to grow

Enjoyed the experience and knowledge everyone was very supportive! Had one on one training, which was a plus. Team meetings were great and extra perks at work!

Flexible

This job is fine, the flexibility of the job is perfect for someone that needs constant schedule adjustments or has another job. You can make some good money if you put in the effort; however, you won't get rich. Just remember to track your miles for tax season.

Pros

The best thing about process serving is the flexibility of the job.

Cons

Many homes have cameras now, so people don't come to the door anymore. This makes it hard to serve people with legal paper work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Legal Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ABC Legal Services
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?