ABC MUSIC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

6: ABC MUSIC Employee Reviews

4.2Pay & Benefits

Great place to work on the side for music teachers!

ABC music is a small music store with a decent amount of character. The manager runs the store well and always made sure we had a steady pace of students coming in, and also did a fair job dividing students between teachers. I would have gladly continued to work here if I didn’t have to move.

Pros

Flexible work schedule, friendly environment, fair pay, and low stress.

Cons

Tiny bathroom. Seriously, if you ever go to this establishment, ask to use their bathroom. It’s the tiniest little bathroom I’ve ever seen! I miss it, though.

Professional

Professional company focussing on musical instrument sales and rentals. The company specialises in instrument repairs and the sales of leading music brands.

A busy but thriving Music shop and a fun enviroment to work in

We start work at 930 pm in the morning, greeted often by the phone ringing, it will often be an inquiry about the [progress of an instrument repair or about setting up a rental agreement. Musical instruments can be very expensive, so ABC Music set up an excellent rental scheme to allow people to try instruments for a term before buying them. One of the key roles was assisting customers at the end of their rental agreement to either purchase or upgrade depending on the progress they have made. Often in the mornings we get deliveries from suppliers which I would check in and then add to the stock inventory system, it was very useful as a salesperson because I was able to get to the point of knowing exactly what stock we had in the company. I was able to save the company from holding excess stock by moving it between the branches. We all take lunch at different times to ensure someone is always free to serve customers, everyone gets at least half an hour though if its busy we may not choose to take the fully allotted time. We did our housekeeping straight after lunch, i.e putting new stock out, cleaning the shelves and displaying point of sale information out. This is because the busy period is generally form 3 to 430 pm as parents collect their children form school and come into the shop on the way home. Often about 430 pm our instrument repairers will drop of their repairs which we book into the repairs system and ring customers to tell them they are ready for collection. The last task for the day is to cash up the till and make sure the monies balance. The hardest -

Pros

Very generous travel expenses and a good salary

Cons

Working most saturdays

Productive, Rewarding, Family-like Workplace

I worked on and off, and thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. The boss, Stan Houston is a funny, clever, and extremely pleasant man to work with. Your time will not be wasted here.

Fantastic Fun Job

Working here has given me fantastic skills to help me in my career. It is always a fun environment to work in. Everyone should work in this place.

Environnement de travail agréable

L’association Narbonnaise ABC MUSIC a été créée en octobre 2010. Les intervenants sont des professionnels de la musique qui, soucieux de transmettre leur passion avec pédagogie, savent allier apprentissage et plaisir. Les intervenants sont des artistes qui mettent mes talents de management à rudes épreuves. Tact, diplomatie et dialogue, le tout en restant ferme pour maintenir les objectifs pédagogiques et développement de l’association est l’aspect le plus difficile de ce poste, vite effacé et rendu agréable par les adhérents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC MUSIC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ABC MUSIC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?