ABC SPORTS
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

7: ABC SPORTS Employee Reviews

3.8Job Security & Advancement

Exceptional place to work!

Absolutely the greatest place to work! at least while I was there was like a family! Still stay in contact with all my co-workers developed a real friendship!

Good company

Work culture is very good. staffs are very professional and helpful. I love here to work because my colleagues are very cooperative. the work environment is so good which helps you to work smoothly and effectively.

ABC Sports

Led Wide World of Sports global production team that produced complex televised events with extreme challenges and delivered innovative, high quality creative programs that were produced on or under budget. Initiated new logistical strategies, creative scheduling, barters and trade-outs that consistently generated cost savings

The best job ever

I worked for ABC Sports for five years. This was the best job I've had thus far. I was able to travel all over the US working college football games. Camera operator, utility, and production assistant!

ABC Sports

This was one of my first jobs so it was a good experience to learn how TV production should be conducted. I had great co-workers and managers and the overall environment was a good one.

ABC was a fun place to work

ABC was good to its employees. The work was fun and the people were very talented.

Setting up and working college games on the sidelines.

A typical day at work:- Setting up cameras and running cables to the truck (mobile studio)- Building and setting up microphone systems (parabolas)- Electronic News Gathering (interviews with coaches, experts, commentators).- Pulling cable on the sideline for cameramen.- Working parabola mics during game.What I learned:- How a multi-camera setup for a college game is coordinated and ran.- Operation of 3 chip cameras and parabola mics.Management:- Job assignments given on day one. Expected to finish your set-up the day prior to the game.- Pressure to perform on game day presented in fun way.Co-workers:- Assist and help you through unexpected events.Hardest part of the job:- Dealing with a big play on a moments notice.Most enjoyable part of the job:- Dealing with a big play on a moments notice. Yes, it is the hardest and most enjoyable.

Pros

on the field for college football games.

Cons

work hours limited to game days and days leading up to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC SPORTS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ABC SPORTS