AECOM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

AECOM Employee Reviews

Australia27 reviews
Good co-workers
The on -job training was complete. Friendly people around. Sometimes a bit busy, depend on cases. Not very familiar with the scoring system. Gender equality needs to be improved.
Enjoyed my time
Was on contract in the Perth CBD office. Made great friendships there. Wonderful group of people. interesting project from start to finish. Enjoyable location and well setup office layout
Pros
great place to work
Modern office
Working at AECOM is very challenging but enjoyable.
They have this flexible working arrangement which is very favorable on my part. I had a great team, we all help and assist each other especially on our crucial days.
Pros
lots of benefits
Cons
fast paced
Fantastic place to work.
It is an enjoyable place to work and it is a good global consultancy business with office all over the world, so you are able to work anywhere in the world.
Great company
Worldwide company with may opportunities. Still very new to the company, I see growth and expansion on a daily basis. It is the type of company that I'd like to stay with.
Strong growth in recent years appears to have stretched the quality of management. I was disheartened by the dated culture; racism, sexism and Islamophobia was present after hours.

Market rate payments.
Pros
Market rate pay
Great Place to Work
One of the best projects and companies I have worked in to date.
well organised great computer equipment and systems.

No hesitation working for this company.
Pros
Great location and transport access
Cons
Non
Great Company to work for
AECOM is big corporate upholding culture of small owner operated family business.

AECOM is a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Not a very ethical company
Company changed the benefits package without informing any of the American employees. Upper management very poor. AECOM treats the employee as a liability and not as an asset.
no information provided at this time
I do not wish to provide at review at this time. I work under an agency contract and am not a permanent member of staff. I work under a temporary contract.
Pros
no information provided at this time
Cons
no information provided at this time
Very large and complex but balanced with a positive, innovative culture
A good opportunity to be part of a large organisation with access to significant projects. Travel is encouraged. Enjoyed the internal culture and attitudes of senior leaders.
Interesting type of work
Only did a short contract, but was what you would expect. Nice office, good interesting projects, and the renumeration was slightly above what you would expect.
Great aspirational company growing by evolution & mergers & acquisitions
Review inpatriate/expatriate tax progess & work with service providers.
Engaged with project team to implement Oracle.

Worked with Australia, New Zealand & Middle East to implement Sarbanes Oxley compliance.

Due diligence, review & analysis, negotiate, acquire, integrate target companies.

Company secretarial.

Employee stock & option programs
Pros
Growth company
Cons
Hard to communicate with global colleagues
employment with AECOM
it has been a pleasure working with AECOM and can see why they are such a big ompany with an impressive history that continues to grow.
the work has been new and exciting and i love getting to learn a new discipline with civil and infrustructure. road and rail seems to be the big industry right now and AECOM are thriving with projects.

only thing that hasnt been so good is the lack of commitment from them to submit me for a longer term contract, instead opting for month extensions at a time, slightly frustrating but cant complain being kept employed here.
Great Projects and technical Knowledge
My time in AECOM has been a great experience, particularly working within internal multi-discipline teams. I have been working with Sydney's top architects and clients giving me the right skills to forward my career.

My typical day starts with chatting with the team about social aspects of our personal lives and then preparing for the day. We always encourage each other to leave the office for lunch and get some fresh air.

From a project view, we work on a range of team sizes depending on the project demand. In all cases, I have learnt both technical and soft skills from my colleges and clients. There if definitely a great sense of mentorship.

I most enjoy solving some of the more complex engineering problems and knowing my technical managers are in full support of my ideas and guide me accordingly.
Pros
Social activities, strong technical leadership
Cons
Internal procedures sometimes slow project delivery down which is frustrating
Awful Environment
Backstabbing, Political, managers screw you over wherever they can, limit your career advancement. As a result this culture cascades down all the way and everyone is just at each other. There is limited team environment. Some people are lovely but you can only survive if you are a narcissist, good at playing political games, come from an anglo saxon privileged private school background - that is the only way you can be in the "in crowd".

Sad that this is the case as they have some great iconic projects. I have also worked alongside AECOM where I was the Client and very similar "arrogant" attitude.

The only plus sign of working there is the benefits and having the name on your CV.
Pros
Benefits - Fruit, Everyday rewards
Cons
Backstabbing, awful culture. Long hours and political games.
Great working environment
The reason I stayed at this organisation (as URS) was because they looked after you so much. Everyone was so friendly and it was a great place to work most days. Great managers and supporting HR.
Pros
Supportive and safe working environment
Cons
At times some people could take advantage of the supportive managers which can be frustrating
Great place to work in Brisbane branch
Progressive company, with a variety of mining & infrastructure jobs for both experienced and graduate engineers.
Site work gives you practical experience in mine development projects.

My most challenging project was in Botswana, Africa.

Auditing progress with a copper mine processing plant.

Elephants had destroyed the fencing around a well site, about six wells provided processing water for the mine process plant.

18 hrs flying in and out via Joh/burg.

Downside unable to safari in the Okovanga delta.

Management gave me an opportunity not always available.

Thanks AECOM.
Pros
Free fruit most days, great coffee machine area.
good potential
when the economy is doing well this is a great company to work for but as soon as the economy turned, the company forgot its in the business of selling people. They forgot their #1 asset is their employees.

VERY bureaucratic, slow to get anything approved. very risk adverse to the point where it affects working with clients.
Pros
potential to work on amazing projects
Cons
job security, inconsistent messages from management
It has been great pleasure working on multiple projects accross the world
used to have very busy days most of the times with conflicting deadlines
learnt to manage how to work under pressure and prioritise tasks accordingly

worked with one of the major clients Department of Foreign Trade and Affairs (DFAT)

Ability to train new staff
busy but productive workplace
every day was always busy at AECOM, which I like. I prefer to be very busy and I function with more efficiency when busy.
Things learned would be time management and improved organisation.

AECOM have supportive management and there is a healthy culture alive in the office, hence there is a friendly atmosphere of team workmanship amongst the co-workers.

the job was busy and demanding , but I would not say that there was anything difficult about the job I had, I loved it.

the most enjoyable was probably the fact that there was great team work and a friendly atmosphere in which to work, it certainly made life easier when the job got demanding.
Pros
AECOM offered great employee benefits
Cons
nil