AECOM Employee Reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 3,509 reviews
Great Place to Work
SENIOR TECHNICAL OFFICER - MINERALS AND INDUSTRIAL (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA16 May 2018
One of the best projects and companies I have worked in to date.
well organised great computer equipment and systems.
No hesitation working for this company.
Pros
Great location and transport access
Cons
Non
Great Company to work for
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 December 2017
AECOM is big corporate upholding culture of small owner operated family business.

AECOM is a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Not a very ethical company
Technical Librarian (Australia) (Former Employee) –  Australia22 August 2017
Company changed the benefits package without informing any of the American employees. Upper management very poor. AECOM treats the employee as a liability and not as an asset.
Senior Energy Advisory Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 August 2017
I do not wish to provide at review at this time. I work under an agency contract and am not a permanent member of staff. I work under a temporary contract.
Pros
no information provided at this time
Cons
no information provided at this time
Team work is the key to productivity
Traffic Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Malaysia21 June 2017
Out of all the lessons learnt, the most preponderant one is the value of working with in a team and the ability to lead a team on small scale projects.
Pros
Convenient work timings
Productive and fun working with AECOM
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Qatar15 May 2017
Very challenging in everyday work and learnt a lot of new ideas and techniques in work, teamwork here is excellent. AECOM provide a very rewarding career to their employee.
Pros
Open Vacation, Excellent Package
Cons
After the Project is Finish
Very large and complex but balanced with a positive, innovative culture
Regional Talent Acquisition Lead (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 May 2017
A good opportunity to be part of a large organisation with access to significant projects. Travel is encouraged. Enjoyed the internal culture and attitudes of senior leaders.
Interesting type of work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 March 2017
Only did a short contract, but was what you would expect. Nice office, good interesting projects, and the renumeration was slightly above what you would expect.
Great aspirational company growing by evolution & mergers & acquisitions
Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 February 2017
Review inpatriate/expatriate tax progess & work with service providers.
Engaged with project team to implement Oracle.
Worked with Australia, New Zealand & Middle East to implement Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
Due diligence, review & analysis, negotiate, acquire, integrate target companies.
Company secretarial.
Employee stock & option programs
Pros
Growth company
Cons
Hard to communicate with global colleagues
employment with AECOM
Senior Technical Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 January 2017
it has been a pleasure working with AECOM and can see why they are such a big ompany with an impressive history that continues to grow.
the work has been new and exciting and i love getting to learn a new discipline with civil and infrustructure. road and rail seems to be the big industry right now and AECOM are thriving with projects.
only thing that hasnt been so good is the lack of commitment from them to submit me for a longer term contract, instead opting for month extensions at a time, slightly frustrating but cant complain being kept employed here.
Great Projects and technical Knowledge
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 October 2016
My time in AECOM has been a great experience, particularly working within internal multi-discipline teams. I have been working with Sydney's top architects and clients giving me the right skills to forward my career.

My typical day starts with chatting with the team about social aspects of our personal lives and then preparing for the day. We always encourage each other to leave the office for lunch and get some fresh air.

From a project view, we work on a range of team sizes depending on the project demand. In all cases, I have learnt both technical and soft skills from my colleges and clients. There if definitely a great sense of mentorship.

I most enjoy solving some of the more complex engineering problems and knowing my technical managers are in full support of my ideas and guide me accordingly.
Pros
Social activities, strong technical leadership
Cons
Internal procedures sometimes slow project delivery down which is frustrating
Awful Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 August 2016
Backstabbing, Political, managers screw you over wherever they can, limit your career advancement. As a result this culture cascades down all the way and everyone is just at each other. There is limited team environment. Some people are lovely but you can only survive if you are a narcissist, good at playing political games, come from an anglo saxon privileged private school background - that is the only way you can be in the "in crowd".

Sad that this is the case as they have some great iconic projects. I have also worked alongside AECOM where I was the Client and very similar "arrogant" attitude.

The only plus sign of working there is the benefits and having the name on your CV.
Pros
Benefits - Fruit, Everyday rewards
Cons
Backstabbing, awful culture. Long hours and political games.
Great working environment
Administration Officer / Reception (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA29 May 2016
The reason I stayed at this organisation (as URS) was because they looked after you so much. Everyone was so friendly and it was a great place to work most days. Great managers and supporting HR.
Pros
Supportive and safe working environment
Cons
At times some people could take advantage of the supportive managers which can be frustrating
Great place to work in Brisbane branch
Chief Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane or on site world wide6 March 2016
Progressive company, with a variety of mining & infrastructure jobs for both experienced and graduate engineers.
Site work gives you practical experience in mine development projects.
My most challenging project was in Botswana, Africa.
Auditing progress with a copper mine processing plant.
Elephants had destroyed the fencing around a well site, about six wells provided processing water for the mine process plant.
18 hrs flying in and out via Joh/burg.
Downside unable to safari in the Okovanga delta.
Management gave me an opportunity not always available.
Thanks AECOM.
Pros
Free fruit most days, great coffee machine area.
good potential
Senior Marketing Advisor/ Marketing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA11 January 2016
when the economy is doing well this is a great company to work for but as soon as the economy turned, the company forgot its in the business of selling people. They forgot their #1 asset is their employees.

VERY bureaucratic, slow to get anything approved. very risk adverse to the point where it affects working with clients.
Pros
potential to work on amazing projects
Cons
job security, inconsistent messages from management
It has been great pleasure working on multiple projects accross the world
International Projects Officer/Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide9 April 2015
used to have very busy days most of the times with conflicting deadlines
learnt to manage how to work under pressure and prioritise tasks accordingly
worked with one of the major clients Department of Foreign Trade and Affairs (DFAT)
Ability to train new staff
busy but productive workplace
Snr Administration Officer / Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mackay, QLD9 February 2015
every day was always busy at AECOM, which I like. I prefer to be very busy and I function with more efficiency when busy.
Things learned would be time management and improved organisation.
AECOM have supportive management and there is a healthy culture alive in the office, hence there is a friendly atmosphere of team workmanship amongst the co-workers.
the job was busy and demanding , but I would not say that there was anything difficult about the job I had, I loved it.
the most enjoyable was probably the fact that there was great team work and a friendly atmosphere in which to work, it certainly made life easier when the job got demanding.
Pros
AECOM offered great employee benefits
Cons
nil
Excellent Company
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW29 August 2014
- Great work culture,
- Good company structure
- Provide training
Pros
great work culture, Good company structure.
Cons
non
Productive and good workplace
Senior mechanical checker on FMG Soloman project (Former Employee) –  Perth10 June 2014
Varied projects and interesting, particularly the challenges of checking the complicated network of underground structures and mechanical equipment layout of Chelopec Mine. The engineers and designers input was exceptional.
Pros
numerous reasons prevailed for morning teas and group meetings
Cons
not enough senior experienced personnel to assist juniors
Leading Global Company with Happy Culture
Project Controls Employee (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA24 October 2013
Really enjoyed working for AECOM until the crunch came when it felt a little like it was floundering without a plan.

I would happily work for AECOM again, as it felt like they looked after you and that you were part of something big.
Pros
Salaries reasonable, benefits good, culture is positive and nurturing
Cons
Unstable in current market, unclear business strategy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K